Normal to measure a week behind?

babyfeva

Reaction score
I need some reassurance. I had a MMC in March. Had a scan at about 11 weeks and it showed baby stopped griwing at 9 weeks.

Today I should 7 weeks and we had our first scan. Scan showed a heartbeat of 115_120. However, baby was initially measured at 5 weeks 6 days then she re_measured at 6 weeks 3 days. Is this normal? Dr said it was a little concerning that I wasnt measuring on time but good that there was a heartbeat. I have another scan on June 25. For now she put me on progesterone and baby aspirin.

I'm just hoping for similar stories with a happy ending. Thanks.

It depends on the length of your cycles and when you ovulate etc, at what point did you get bfp? That might help you pinpoint how far along you could b. Xx

Hi Ras. I have 30 day cycles and my lmp was April 28. I'm not 100% sure when I ovulated. I just remembered having ewcm on May 9. I got my bfp on May 24.

Ok so from a 30 day cycle you're already looking at 2 days behind someone who would have 28 day cycle. Plus not everyone has a luteal phase of 14 days say yours could be 12 so instead of ovulation on cd14 it may be cd 18 that'd put you 4 days behind.
You could easily have a bfp on 24th may at a few days over 3 weeks so therefore be not quite 7 weeks now.
Plus they are measuring something so small using less than a mm between dates.
Also it is only using a theory and tableof averagess, the 50th centile I think.
If you look up fetal age by crl and see where yours fits in you'll see there can e a variation of a fair few days.
I've also heard that people have measured off then baby caught up by the next appointment.
Xx

Thanks Rasberry. Im freling a little better. :)

When baby is so tiny it's hard to get correct measurements, with my scan I measured on track at nine weeks but by the time I had my 12 week scan I was ahead almost a week, and my dates are now bang on track according to my ovulation date. This is why they don't do dating scans until week 12.

Try not to worry Hun and enjoy your pregnancy x

My DD measured at 7 weeks 1 day when I was 8 weeks 3 days.. and I knew exactly when I ovulated. I suppose all sorts of things make them measure differently at that point. They say once a heartbeat is detected chances of mc are reduced to like 2% or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->