northern ireland

Lisa1

Reaction score
Hi

I am not even pregnant yet but ttc and hoping and praying soon. I would really love a home birth but does anyone know if this is easily available in Northern Ireland I am in Bangor.

My OH is not keen but I think I could talk him round hopefully. This will be my first at 35 and the thought of being confined and in a strange environment for something so natural makes no sense to me.

Obviously I will listen to the doctors advise and if I have any issues do what is best for baby and me.

Thanks xx

I have tried looking on the internet and can find nothing at all for home births in Northern Ireland:(

Omg I really can't believe that in Northern Ireland this would not be an option or at least a possibility?

Can't find much info about it either, but here are some stats for you: https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/BirthChoiceUKFrame.htm?https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/N_Ireland.htm. Could you perhaps have a chat with your GP if you are going there at all? xx

hey hun, its defo an option, i discussed it with my midwife.
have you checked out the ulsters home from home unit? thats where i had ruby in the end, its amazing, and the next best thing, its midwife led only, pools in every room, OH can stay overnight, and its totally hands off.... i loved it, and im not a hospital person at all!

Hey.

I am doing hypnobirthing and my instructor told me that legally you are entitled to have a home birth if you so wish and providing your pregnancy is low risk.

She advised that I speak to my midwife and gp and try to go from there but as I am going for to the MLU at Craigavon and this is my first, Im just not brave enough to go for a home birth, but next time I could be tempted.

Best of luck!

hi lisa! afaik, it should be fine! i was actually asked at my first appointment was i considering a home birth! im planning on one next time around, for sure. hopefully the little madam doesnt poop in me this time tho! (p.s. u shud check out our n.i. thread in local buddies!) :thumbup:

hey hun, its defo an option, i discussed it with my midwife.
have you checked out the ulsters home from home unit? thats where i had ruby in the end, its amazing, and the next best thing, its midwife led only, pools in every room, OH can stay overnight, and its totally hands off.... i loved it, and im not a hospital person at all!

Oh so glad to hear you say that, as I think it's the Ulster for us and I love the sound of that! Definitely would love to have OH there overnight, I would be a bit panicky in hospital on my own :blush:

the ulster is AMAZING!! u should watch that documentary about it that starts tonight! bbc1, think its 10.30pm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->