Not a Blighted Ovum Anymore!!

DolceBella

Mum of 2 Gingers!!
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been a member of the forum for a while, but was on hiatus to manage the girls, the home, and work. As it turns out, we have a new surprise bean!!

I must've ovulated way late and miscalculated my "safe" time, because my period never came....Ha!

My first ultrasound revealed an empty sac, non-doubling HCG, and low progesterone. I hadn't been trying for this LO, but I was still crushed. They told me that it didn't look good and I should expect to miscarry.

But I continued to feel very pregnant, and was already getting quite a tummy! So I started progesterone supplements and hoped for the best.

An ultrasound 2 weeks later revealed a perfect baby, in the uterus, with a strong heartbeat of 155!! So now, here I am... Due 1/1/15 with Number 3!!

Looking forward to getting to know all you lovely girlies in First-Tri! Apparently my ticker says I'm a raspberry!

Thanks!
Dolcebella

Congrats - I had a very similar start with non doubling hcg levels etc but I now have a healthy 12 week old pregnancy!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! X

Yay congrats !! I'm due 16/01/15 also baby number 3 :)
Glad it all turned out well for you

Emma

Aww congrats on your little miracle baby!! :cloud9:

That EXACT thing happened to me with my first - so happy for you, I totally understand the relief you're feeling now. :) I put the first appt for this one on the books a few weeks later than the last one - don't want to go through that roller coaster again.

Have a blessed pregnancy from here on out!

Congratulations! Im due number three too and remembered your name from our first pregnancies :)

Yay!! Hi Celine!! Nice to see a familiar face! Our LOs are all the same age!

Just curious, when was your first scan and your second scan?

Second scan was May 22, and they said I was 8.0 weeks. First scan was two weeks prior.

Thank you for sharing. This is exactly the hope I needed. My last pregnancy ended in a blighted ovum. I'm terrified of it happening again and have my first scan on Tuesday. Your good news makes me feel really hopeful I'll get some of my own.

Keep us updated on your scan! Wishing you all good things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->