Not a gradual increase, what do you think?

AlohaJen

Reaction score
Hi there! I have not been on here in a while but I have a quick question.
This is my second month to use OPK's (4th TTC) and last moth there was a gradual darkening of the second line from CD 9 until a positives on CDs 12 & 13.
Yesterday, CD 9 the second line was barely even there, I had to squint to find it and today CD 10 it is bright positive!
Is this a common thing to not have the gradual increase or is that strange? Don't get me wrong I am happy for the + but I am like whoa, uh, surprise! I am going to take another later tonight after I hold "it" for a long time, but I thought I would ask instead of google it all night!

Thanks for reading!

Hey girl!

That is completely normal, in fact, for many women that's exactly how they get their positive, rather than a gradual pattern, it just goes from clearly negative (a barely-there line) to blazing positive! Nothing to worry about, just a GREAT sign that you're definitely having your surge :thumbup:

GL!!! :hugs2:

also, I'm not sure if you've heard of this site, but it's a great one, www.peeonastick.com, which is where I found this answer:

Will I see my OPK lines get darker before I get a true positive? Maybe. Some women do experience a "fade-in" pattern, and some experience an "almost positive" shortly before their true positive. However, it's not necessary to observe this pattern. In fact, you might see your test darken and then get lighter. It doesn't necessarily mean you missed your surge; some LH (luteinizing hormone) fluctuation is normal, and there are variations in the individual tests as well (some have more or less dye, for instance.)

Ultimately, there is no need to compare your OPK's; each test can be read in isolation, either positive or negative. If you are one of the women who sees a fade-in pattern, consider yourself lucky; you have some extra, advance notice of your impending LH surge.

I don't see a gradual increase. I go from negative to HELLOOOO POSITIVE within a few hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->