not breast-feeding,my breasts r HURTING,what can help?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
Just had the baby on 16th and my breasts started hurting last night like crazy. Im not breastfeeding due to some reasons, but now i need milk to dry up ASAp and breasts are like rocks amd hurting so bad. i dont know what to do??? what can help? and how long will it take for milk to dry up if i never even started to breastfeed??

Paracetamol and cooled cabbage leaves in your bra x

Congrats on the new baby! Your milk has just come in; aside from WSS ^, a hot shower to help relieve compression and unfortunately just time. Your milk will come in as normal, it will take time for your body to recognize that you are not feeding a baby. Until then, it will produce as normal. Just keep an eye out for running a fever or anything :)

Congrats on your bubba!
Fill disposable nappies with water and stick them in the freezer. Once frozen, cup them around your boob for cooling relief. Good luck. I hope you get some relief soon. Xx

You could try that ^^ or do the same with breast pads? Unfortunately you just have to wait it out, couple of days and you'll be fine x

Interesting ideas. I think a piece of wet washcloth could probably be frozen just as easily so you don't have to waste a diaper.

Chinese cabbage leaves are amazing!! I used them last night. Also, my midwife gave me tablets to stop my milk production after we lost Joshua, think it took 2 or 3 days for it to fully stop, but was just one pill. Congratulations!! x

Took me 2 days on day 3 - 5 after birth for milk to dry up. Was painful and boobs as u say were like rocks! didnt even move if i jumped lol! Midwife said to take ibprofen to relieve inflammation. That helped loads and felt better later that day. Feel better soon. Xx

Epson salts if remember what my mum told me!! They used to swear by them years ago :flower:

Earth Mama Angel Baby makes a "no more milk tea" which has sage, peppermint, and parsley in it - https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/breastfeeding-support/no-more-milk-tea.html

That should help dry your supply a bit, too. Hang in there.

how long before they dry up?? i started leaking today, gave birth on the 16th, they became painful rocks on the 18th. so what day should i count from, and how long will i leak?? how long till it dries up? how many days?

It really depends from person to person - 2 weeks is all it takes some people, others take 6... keep on keeping on, avoid expressing any milk (even though it feels good and offers relief) because breastmilk is VERY supply-and-demand. If your body knows some is being expressed, it thinks that's the "demand" and will keep up the supply to match.

Hang in there.

I think I heard you should avoid warm showers and warm compresses in favor of cold ones because the warm can stimulate production a bit. good luck!

I'd also second the cabbage leaves. They are cool which feels good but there is also something about them that helps to dry you up. As for how long, it really depends on the person. Hang in there, it will get better. The awful engorgement shouldn't be more than a few days I would thinks, but leaking might take a bit longer to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->