Not eating bread- what else can I have for lunch....

hey ive also stopped eating bread and pasta. i love bread but it doesnt love me!!! for lunch i have salads, jacket potato with filling, omlette,or what i had for dinner the day before. also whatever you put in a sandwich you can stuff into some lettuce leaves and i find it just as nice. xx

hey ive also stopped eating bread and pasta. i love bread but it doesnt love me!!! for lunch i have salads, jacket potato with filling, omlette,or what i had for dinner the day before. also whatever you put in a sandwich you can stuff into some lettuce leaves and i find it just as nice. xx

Thing is, omelette you have to fry which isn't healthy is it? Plus jacket potato I sometimes have for dinner so can't really have for lunch. What do you put in your salads to make them a bit tastier? X

when i make omlette i put only a small amount of oil and try to use a non stick frying pan. i like tuna salad and put a little lemon and salt. also homemade burgers with no bun and salad on the side. im trying to think of more. i sometimes replace my meals with a diet shake. its alot easiet than to keep thinking of meals. breads so easy but when you take it away its hard to find an alternative. have you tried rye bread?

I currently eat ryevitas, but they can be so bland xx

My favourite salad is lettuce (or mixed greens) with avocado, tomato and black beans. Sometimes I add cheese, but if you're trying to be really healthy, then you might not want to add cheese. I usually just use a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing (and a dash of salt and pepper).

Google "quinoa salad recipe." You'll get lots of ideas for what to add to cooked quinoa to make it tasty. And it's super filling, too.

Thing is, omelette you have to fry which isn't healthy is it? Plus jacket potato I sometimes have for dinner so can't really have for lunch. What do you put in your salads to make them a bit tastier? X

omelette you can fry in a little bit of olive oil or do what I do. I make it in a non-stick pan. So don't need to use anything else other than my omelette ingredients.

You can also try shakes. I use celebrity slim and it really works. It is tasty as well, so I don't crave sweet things.

I don't eat bread or any grains, so for my lunches I do baked potatoes, or chicken with veggies/salad. Or scrambled eggs with yoghurt and and salsa. YUM YUM. OK maybe not low fat but nutritious and filling...

I replace breads with lettuce. So I use large leafs of romaine or ice berg lettuce and put all my sandwich stuff on them - tuna salad, egg salad, chicken, etc i also use it for tacos. It's a tad bit messier but way better with no calories!!

Vegetable soups - homemade or bought
Spinach omlettes
Salad wrap (using a flour tortilla wrap instead of bread)
Chickpea salad or quinoa salad
Advocado salad

Good luck

I fry my omelet with extra Virgin olive oil. I was told the fats in it are healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->