Not embracing 2nd pregnancy as much?

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
I guess it's because it is my second that i feel more comfortable/laid back/busy with an almost 3 year old but i still feel slightly disconnected, like i can't devote as much time on forums making buddies (made some awesome ones last time that i'm still friends with on facebook which is lovely!!) and yeah, just generally not as much time on all the little things i got to spend time on last time.. If this makes any sense!!! lol. Perhaps i don't feel i have as much belonging on here as i used to, as it has been a while! I dunno.. Anybody else like this?

Xxx

Hi,

I know what you mean! My lg is 15montha so it's non stop with her! Having had no symptoms half the time I have not even felt pregnant with this one!

Saw the baby a few days ago I just felt really guilty! With my first I had time to chat to people on here and follow her development week by week! We were ttc for 3 years where as this one was a surprise that took me a little bit of time to get used of (were not ttc and I was expecting another 3 year wait at least!).

With my first one I just noticed everything and had so many questions but with this one I'm just taking it as it comes!

I'm feeling a bit disconnected as I've lost 2 pregnancies in the past year...I really don't think I'll start to tune in to this pregnancy full throttle until I get in the second trimester and start feeling kicks.

Hi,

I know what you mean! My lg is 15montha so it's non stop with her! Having had no symptoms half the time I have not even felt pregnant with this one!

Saw the baby a few days ago I just felt really guilty! With my first I had time to chat to people on here and follow her development week by week! We were ttc for 3 years where as this one was a surprise that took me a little bit of time to get used of (were not ttc and I was expecting another 3 year wait at least!).

With my first one I just noticed everything and had so many questions but with this one I'm just taking it as it comes!

Ohh yeah i'm with you on the lack of symptoms thing! It's bizarre isnt it?!

I think also, it's a case of not having many questions about pregnancy etc too.. Makes you feel slightly socially exempt on here!?

I'm feeling a bit disconnected as I've lost 2 pregnancies in the past year...I really don't think I'll start to tune in to this pregnancy full throttle until I get in the second trimester and start feeling kicks.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses, my sister recently went through one and has barely spoken to me since i told her about my pregnancy. It must be tough and hard to enjoy until you are secure in the knowledge that everything is safe xxxx

I'm sorry to hear about your losses, my sister recently went through one and has barely spoken to me since i told her about my pregnancy. It must be tough and hard to enjoy until you are secure in the knowledge that everything is safe xxxx

Thank you, I have a good feeling about this one, so fingers crossed. :) I'm basically just taking it day by day and trying to stay positive, though not really bonding with the baby just yet (although I did want this baby so so bad). Plus I have a toddler too so it's busy busy busy all the time!

I feel the same way. My daughter is 20 months and keeps me busy, but also my progesterone is testing on the low end (and decreased over a week and a half) so I've started progesterone supplements and have a dr appt on Monday. I've had no spotting or any symptoms of miscarriage and am 6 weeks 4 days today but I'm still worried. I'm not sure if that's why I'm not attaching to this baby yet or if I'm just busy. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting out of the 1st trimester (though I don't want to wish time away!) and feeling a little more secure that everything is ok.

Same here! Sometimes I feel a little guilty because I feel like I am not dedicated much time or thought for this pregnancy (I literally spent all my waking hours on baby sites last time). This time I am barely on here. My 14 month old really is keeping me on my feet and by the time its bed time, I am overly exhausted. I guess its because we have more knowledge this time around so we dont need to seek reassurance or assistance. We are super mamas this time! Last time I couldnt wait for my baby to be born but this time I am just enjoying every bit of the pregnancy because I now know how busy and crazy havign a baby is.

I was sooooo disconnected my second pregnancy. I didn't even develop any bond with baby throughout pregnancy that time, and with my first I was so obsessed. But when he was born and placed on my tummy, everything came together. :) I never thought I could love another baby as much as I love my first, but the heart grows to make room for more babies. Knowing this and having experienced it has made me feel "just right" - not too obsessed and not disconnected - with my third baby (current pregnancy).

Right there with you ladies! There are days I forget I'm pregnant. Haha having a toddler around means no time for worries which has a ton of benefits. I spent way too much time with my first worrying myself silly. I feel guilty at times but it's almost a relief to be able to go about my busy day not obsessing.

This is my second too and i am not obsessed with looking for information online. I feel disconnected and looking forward to having the baby. I think i enjoyed my last pregnancy more because it was a new experience, now my hands are full and i just feel more tired.

When I first found out I was pregnant this time round I felt like I'd really bonded with the baby more so than I ever did with DD as this time I know what an amazing little person is in my belly.
However, that lasted all of about 2 weeks and now I feel really detached.
I've eaten things I probably shouldn't, I have no idea what size baby is currently or what milestones it's hit this week, I forget I'm pregnant half the time! But I suppose that's the joys of having a 27 month old to run around after and the magic of my first pregnancy just isn't there anymore.
I don't think I will love this baby any less but I'm just not as 'excited'

I am totally with you here even though this is my 3rd baby. Even with my DD I still found time to come online and make friends ect but that was because my DS was at pre-school but this time even when my DS is at school I don't have time because I have my nearly 1 year old to run around after. But with my DS and DD I just wanted them to be here but this time baby can cook as long as it wants no rush because I know things will get crazy when baba is born.

But most days I forget that I'm pregnant and it's not until family members we have already told ask that I remember! How silly is that?!

Hi,

Ohh yeah i'm with you on the lack of symptoms thing! It's bizarre isnt it?!

I think also, it's a case of not having many questions about pregnancy etc too.. Makes you feel slightly socially exempt on here!?

Yeah it is abit! With my first there was no chance of forgetting as it was countiuous sickness, not fun! Now nothing! Keep thinking its the same hormones so why isn't my body reacting in the same way!

I try and answer people's questions! Keeps me busy when little one sleeps amd oh plays computer games!!

I know what your saying, with my first we ttc for 2years to get our ds, then after he was born we were ntnp and got caught on the first month, (very lucky I know) lol now I'm so busy with my 4 and a half month old that it feels like I have no time to think about this baby or have any of the worries I had last time too as I've been through it before.xxxx h and h 9 months xxxx

Same here. I totally embraced the whole kit & caboodle last time. Now with a full time job, a toddler etc, i'm just getting on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->