Not even a sniff of a second line?!

MissingBubs

Reaction score
Ok, so I know I'm only on CD12, but this is my first month of using opks. Granted they are only ic's, but every one else seems to get a progression of lines and I haven't even got a hint of a second line yet!! :shrug:

I have regular 28/29 day cycles so am expecting a surge in the next 2/3 days, but I'm not feeling very hopeful for ov when I haven't even got a faint line yet.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Am I not oving or am I just being impatient??!!

Also I have been testing either in the afternoon only or morning and afternoon as I read somewhere that LH was stronger in pm urine.

Its best to test am and pm as there can be a variation in both.you could just be too early.keep testin

From what I've read, some women get a fade-in pattern before their surge (ie, the lines get progressively darker until they're positive), and some women never get a fade in -- it goes from 0 to 60 in a few hours, if you know what I mean. So just because your lines now are still really faint, it doesn't mean the next stick you pee on couldn't easily be a big, beautiful positive! Keep your chin up and I'm sure you'll get your pos in the next few days.:thumbup:

As for testing, I usually test around noon and again around 6... if I haven't got a pos yet, I'll test again right before I go to bed. I have the most luck catching my surge if I test late at night.

Ah, thanks for your help ladies. That's helped to cheer me up. I've tested again this afternoon. Still neg. I'll keep trying at night too.
All this poas... bliss!!

hi, this is my 1st month trying opk's too, i thought the same. i had no lines at all the n suddenly on cd15 & 16 had v dark lines, then on cd17 no line again.

so keep testing! i was told too that testing twice a day helps catch it :thumbup:

good luck xxx

Thanks Tilly. Was starting to worry!! Still no line today, but there is still tomorrow. x

Hi hun, when I tested for my ov on day 12 it wouldn't come up, but according to FF my charts say that I ovulated late on CD17, which is prob why AF was late for me this month. (finally arrived on Tuesday evening the evil witch):growlmad:

So as long as you have enough sticks just keep testing and am sure it will come up in the next few days:flower::flower:

Hi there iv been using opks this month and i`m on cd 17 and still no surge,sometimes i test once sometimes twice.I think i`v either missed it with hit or miss or my ovulation is coming.Iv been have ewcm for days so where is my surge :-( x

I could have written your post lol! I am on cd12 and not even the slightest line has shown yet! like you say try again tomorrow, and the next day.......... lol

good luck

Make sure you do test twice a day, I didn't get any hints of two lines, just one line...I am using the Clearblue Easy one though...makes it a heck of a lot easier as it will be a smiley face or no smiley face at all. It shows the lines as well, I noticed I didn't get two lines, until the day I got my smiley face, then I got it, it wasn't darker but it was definitely a smiley face. :) I tested at about 6 am in the morning, and then about 3 pm and 9 pm...then I tested the next morning, and the smiley face was not even there. So I would definitely suggest taking it more than once a day...this was my first time I got my smiley face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->