not helpful posting here anymore!

AliKitts

Reaction score
when pregnant with my daughter this site was amazing but now nobody hardly comments on my posts. when pregnant with my daughter i got so much help!

I feel the same way. I posted something the other day and not one comment. I stick mostly to my journal and friends journals.

I am nota huge commenter, nor am I on here very consistently but I know this site was very helpful for me last time ttc. It is frustrating when nobody comments on your posts, especially when you need that support or help. Hopefully it will pick up soon!

Last time I was pregnant I joined a thread with ladies due the same month as me. Maybe try joining a thread a ladies at a similar point as you to see if that helps.

Ino the feeling when I was pregnant with my dd it was really good and helpful now I'm ttc I posted on here the other day and I'm still wanting help no one seems to be interested In sharing xxx

I think everyone moved to the other site, I cant remember what its called but I know there was some drama or something and they made their own. I agree finding a group of ladies close to ur o or test date is the best way to get some responses!

This forum was much more active with TTCers a few years ago , alot of people left after the site changed layout and added lots of adds . there was also alot of drama.

maybe its just not very popular anymore! anybody know what the new site is called?

I agree it's hard to find good help and advise. :/

Completely agree. Found this site extremely helpful when I was ttc my first. This time around, it feels like a different site. :(

Have you been into the two week wait section of TTC? Seems a bit busier over there :flower:

I feel the same. Oddly though, I posted a thread similar to this and basically got told by some members to leave if I wasn't happy lol. My thread then got locked. Baby club is quieter too :-/ xxx

I found this site 5 years ago when of with my son. Found a fantastic group of ladies due the same time and we are still close now. Tried with my dd 3 yrs ago and nothing. So far this time only found one group that is fairly consistent. Not much response to other stuff though.

I thought it was just me. A few years ago I was on the rmc thread and it was brilliant. Feel lost now. I guess it is time to leave :\

I've not been here long, just a few months, but it seems to be TOO busy sometimes and posts get buried very quickly. I don't think its because people don't care :)

Completely agree. I posted the same question three or four times - never got a response other than a nice lady who didn't know but who commented to "bump" it for me.

I also agree…mommy journals are the ones I seem to gravitate too. MommyB is one of my new found friends. :) Feel free to follow our journals as we all try to conceive. :hugs:

Come join the butterflies to chat link is in my siggy and I agree was busier 3 years ago when I was ttc my son but the switch to momtastic ruined it somewhat we had a thread with 30 thousand posts almost!!

I came here from a forum that was infamous for being snarky. Every single thing you posted was up for scrutiny, and there were tons of members that were on it simply to pick people apart and start drama. If I was going to post, i would sit there and re-read my post at least a dozen times and try to see any way that anyone could possibly rip me apart about it, and even then I'd have huge anxiety about posting anything at all. That was a site about wedding planning, and I quit it shortly after my wedding because I got so tired of the stress of even trying to ask a simple question!

It has a sister site for babies, and when it came time for me to start with baby things, I joined the sister site. I thought maybe it wouldn't be as snarky as the wedding planning site. I started scrolling through threads and saw the same thing all over again, including a thread where a girl was called stupid for asking a simple question. I decided I couldn't do that company at all and started looking for another one.

I joined this site because it seemed like the nicest one I could find. At first it was a really nice change, and I'd see people post things and think about how quickly they would get torn down on the other site I was on. So I started posting more and more, and now I'm comfortable.

Only thing is...yeah, it gets kind of boring because there doesn't seem to be many people around to comment! Or else I don't get comments for hours and hours. I used to attribute it to the fact that I'm in the US and most of the posters seem to be in the UK, so they're probably sleeping while I'm posting. But I don't think that's the case.

So this site has both pros and cons for me.

Pros: people are generally really nice and I don't get anxiety about posting.
Cons: pretty slow, sometimes I don't get an answer for hours and hours, if at all.

Two week wait is more active. Join a thread and you will always get answers and support from familiar faces :) Ginge is an awesome replier!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->