Not hiccups, heavy breathing feeling?!

jw1555

Reaction score
I've just had a really weird sensation of what I can only describe as feeling LO heavy breathing. It wasn't hiccups, it was much faster & it didn't feel the same. I was really worried so have rang the midwife who practically laughed at me and said she's never heard of such a thing and dismissed my concerns.does any one know what I mean?!

I think i get what you mean and my baby done it fair few times id just thought it was normal :)

Thanks hun! It was the weirdest thing, definetly not hiccups. Although she now does have hiccups so I am feeling abit more relaxed now!

I get lots of jerky type spasms kinda like twitching....usually when I'm laying on my side the first time it freaked me out I seriously wondered if it were possible fir baby to have a fit in utero...I don't think it's anything to worry about, I've asked the midwife about it and checked online and it seems to be pretty common

When I was 36 weeks my doctor did an ultrasound and we could see LO what they call "pseudo-breathing". They practice inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluid. I can sit really still sometimes and see it on my belly too. My doctor said its a normal part of development. I wonder if that's what you're feeling.

You felt baby doing practice breething. Very normal. Actually amazing to feel and watch (can be seen if babies back is up against front of your tummy). I love watching my baby doing it!

You felt baby doing practice breething. Very normal. Actually amazing to feel and watch (can be seen if babies back is up against front of your tummy). I love watching my baby doing it!

Aha that sounds exactly like it then!! Thank you! That makes me feel so much better and now I know I'm not going mad! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->