not in labour go home next thing baby delivers on the carpet

cheekychums

Reaction score
when you are said to not be in labour go home, next thing baby delivers on the carpet.

just wanted to share with you what happened to my daughter. when the NHS is struggling here in the UK. few years ago my daughter felt niggly pains went to hospital . not in labour sent her home. 8pm same thing again went to hospital sent her back home. so This time instead going home we went to my brothers house 5mins drive from hospital . We didn't want to be nearly home and have to rush back again . by midnight nothing no pains no water breaking simply nothing . by 1am still nothing so we all got comfy on the couches. 20 mins later really load moaning's. I knew we wouldn't make it to hospital so I rang 999. the operator talked me through what to do . now me and my sister are both nursery nurses and the shock hit so we were dumstruck. 20 mins later the baby came out waters intact. an ambulance arrived too late. full term small for dates in weight.

3 years ago pregnant again she got some pain then her waters broke ambulance driver said no ambulances to take her to hospital and he didn't think she was in labour. knowing what happened last time we didn't take any chances so me and my husband took her up to the maternity unit. The consultant predicted a c section in the morning as baby was breech.

there was no way i was letting her go home they didn't see the last fast birth. within 1 hour she had given birth to her no pain relief either. the thing is with the NHS at full capacity when should you go in to hospital or would you too call for an ambulance. what's your experience ?

No experience but oh my God what a story! I always go by my pains, I know what I'm feeling and refuse to leave. When I had my son I was in pain, not to much pain for me with a high threshold but I knew what labour pains were like from my daughter, they was going to send me home and I refused which pissed them off! They did eventually monitor me for about half hour and broke my waters, and my son was out in a few short minutes, I just say trust your gut I know their medically trained but its only the woman that knows what she feels and I believe your daughter 100% knew the baby was coming and she got fobbed off. I'm glad it all worked out though

I went in to hospital 3 times and they never made me feel like I was wasting their time. Go in as many times as you need. Fast births can be dangerous and tend to get faster with each pregnancy, but this should be put on your daughter's notes so that if she gets pregnant again they know not to send her home.

Seeing as she's given birth so quickly and easily maybe she would consider a (intentional this time lol) homebirth this time?
They would send a midwife out to assess right awsy given her history I'm sure (and if they dont, moaning like she's in transition ought to do the trick lol) to assess her. And if she decides she doesn't want to be at home actually, then she can transfer

My mum had a baby nearly 2 years ago now who suffered badly with reflux. He projectiled vomited and screamed for hours due to burning.

She pushed them for something and they gave her gavicscon which did help.

Maybe you need to go to the doctors and say I KNOW my baby needs something. Please help or Im not leaving until you do

___
XEvil 4.0: powerful captcha breaker, included ReCaptcha-2!

I think if she was back home for 5 hours with her first then perhaps you could have called the hospital again when she felt she needed to go back in? Unless I’ve read the timings wrong? I would be more concerned if they had sent you home and she had delivered straight away. As for ringing an ambulance, we don’t advocate it for labour, unless you are pushing. The advice is ring the hospital when you have regular painful contractions and id always want to know if someone had previous quick deliveries. If they weren’t in established labour the first examination at the hospital I work In we suggest mobilising for a couple of hours and then re assess and if no change perhaps go home from there. I would always keep someone in longer tho if I knew they had delivered at home before x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->