Not long been weaning, but LO now not taking his day bottles?

Flower

Reaction score
Hey all,

Not sure if this is normal - Jensen is on his 3rd week of weaning, he has two small 'meals' a day - roughly 2 x desert spoons of food each time. Which he scoffs and looks disappointed when he finishes it! lol!

I know the food shouldn't replace the bottles yet, but I'm finding he doesn't drink all his milk and he goes longer between the bottles during the day - which is worrying me a bit, as before he couldn't go longer than say 3-4 hours without a bottle and now its more like 6!

Is this ok? Is he getting enough to eat? Should I give him more food?

I think they are supposed to get as much solids as they want after six month plus their bottles. Are you giving bottles or solids first? Everyone does it differently but we've found that giving Hannah her bottles first is best for us. She's only on 3-4 bottles a day now! One in the morning, one at lunch, one at dinner, and sometimes (she won't always take it) one right before bed

I always thought you were supposed to take it quite slowly but about a week after starting weaning I was chatting to the HV and she was like 'just start feeding him' and recommended 3 meals a day plus 4 milk feeds- morning, lunch, mid afernoon and bedtime. She said to feed til he won't open his mouth for more! Now, my baby is a big boy and I would say quite a greedy boy too so I don't really do this part of it but you can decide based on your own baby if this is wise or not!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->