Not loving DH’s pick...

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
We just found out we are having another girl, and I’m so thrilled! I did come up with our first daughter’s name, but I asked for input from my husband the entire time and he never had any suggestions, but loved Charlotte Olivia when I suggested it. So with this baby, he really wants to pick the name....but the name he picked is Clara. I don’t hate it, but I don’t really like it all that much. However, it was his grandmother’s name, whom he was close to, so I feel like a jerk not liking it. He really has his heart set on it. What would you do?

We just found out we are having another girl, and I’m so thrilled! I did come up with our first daughter’s name, but I asked for input from my husband the entire time and he never had any suggestions, but loved Charlotte Olivia when I suggested it. So with this baby, he really wants to pick the name....but the name he picked is Clara. I don’t hate it, but I don’t really like it all that much. However, it was his grandmother’s name, whom he was close to, so I feel like a jerk not liking it. He really has his heart set on it. What would you do?
Maybe suggest using it as a middle name x

I agree with the pp.. middle names are a great way of honouring a family member.
I wouldnt use it as a first name unless you're both happy with it

Also agree with suggesting it as a middle name. :)

He really wants it as a first name. I feel so bad not liking it, I just can’t picture calling my little baby Clara. Naming kids is so hard!

He really wants it as a first name. I feel so bad not liking it, I just can’t picture calling my little baby Clara. Naming kids is so hard!
It is one of the hardest things. My partner suggests names when we are expecting and they always remind me of people I disliked at school Haha x

Eek, yeah. I think he'll have to just compromise and accept it as a middle name as first names are so important and have to be loved by both parents. I still don't really like my second baby's middle name - it was going to be Alice but my OH's dad Philip died two weeks before she was born and it seemed like the right thing to do. It bothered me for a bit - not because I had anything against the guy at all, but just because I hate the name lol. It was the only way to honour him, though, for a little girl who would never meet him.

I could NEVER have accepted it as a first name. Thankfully my OH didn't suggest it.

I agree with using it as a middle name, my OH wanted Rodney after his grandad so we used it as a middle name:flower:

Eek, yeah. I think he'll have to just compromise and accept it as a middle name as first names are so important and have to be loved by both parents. I still don't really like my second baby's middle name - it was going to be Alice but my OH's dad Philip died two weeks before she was born and it seemed like the right thing to do. It bothered me for a bit - not because I had anything against the guy at all, but just because I hate the name lol. It was the only way to honour him, though, for a little girl who would never meet him.

I could NEVER have accepted it as a first name. Thankfully my OH didn't suggest it.

Did you give your little girl ‘philip’ as a middle name??

Well Charlotte and Clara is a very sweet sib-set! But never use a name you don't absolutely love. That would be unfair to you. Put your foot down asap on this one. Tell him sooner rather than later. I think giving him Clara as the middle name is a more than fair compromise.

I picked DSs name. DH picked dd1 and dd2s name. This baby we decided I get girl and he gets boy.

In your case, maybe find a combo or 2 middle names?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->