Not ovulating?

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
How do you know if you are not ovulating during your cycles?
I have been using opk's this month purely to try and find out whats going on with my cycles and when to expect af. Well they keep getting darker then fainter then darker again but they have never been positive. It's almost like my body keeps trying to ov but can't quite get there.

I have also noticed that I am not getting any pains in my sides anymore like I used to get around ov time and I have had no ewcm for a couple of months now.

Does it sound like my body isn't ovulating?!

This happoned to me while ttc my second child. I was using a very reliable ov test and so I contacted my doctor. They wanted to put me on Clomid to ensure I was ovulating but I opted to have an ultrasound around time of ovulation instead. I was not interested in meds if I was ovulating on my own. I was ovulating on my own and discovered that using the ov test in conjunction with temping everyday was much more effective.

I would keep a journal to track what is going on so your doctor can help you out with a more acurate diagnosis.

Agree I would temp, my ovulation tests totally conflict with my temping, all very confusing

I don't know much about this, but I am temping for the first time this cycle and you note a sudden rise in your temperature after you have ovulated (see my chart in the link below). As far as I understand it, the sudden rise is caused after the egg has been released from a follicle of an ovary and when the follicle is breaking down it releases Progesterone, which is a heat-inducing hormone.

Perhaps this would help put your mind at ease.

I am going to try using OPKs in a couple of cycles' time, so I know when I should be using them and just to see if they match up with my charts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->