Not prepared at all!!

Spurred on by this thread (and the 10% off at mothercare!) I have just ordered crib,cot, moses basket and matresses!!!!

Well, I feel like I'm getting semi-started with the whole buying things thing - we have:

2 cell blankets
a fleece blanket
2 flannelette sheets
2 cotton sheets
3 babygros
4 vest things that fasten between the legs
2 pairs of booties
2 dungarees/t-shirt sets

and we have ordered:
pram
thing that baby keeps baby comfy in pram
car seat
adaptors to attach car seat to pushchair
cot

But really, I feel I've barely scratched the surface... don't know if I'll be breastfeeding, I'd like to, very much, but for medical/physiological reasons I really may not be able to and chances are if I can I wouldn't be able to bf exclusively, so I reckon I'll need bottles, steriliser and all the bottle feeding kit, and I haven't even started researching yet (it took weeks of research to choose the cot, pushchair, etc). I need a mattress and I'm all of a fluster thinking about it... a bouncer thing, a thing to bath baby, a changing mat (but will I need it, what's wrong with a towel on the bed?), oh and don't get me started on nappies - I want to use cloth nappies, but WHICH??

And then there's the things we don't need yet but will when baby is sitting up/eating solids/more mobile, like a highchair, gates for the doors... so many decisions, it freaks me out.

Maybe I need a list. I did want to get as much as I could ordered at least from Mothercare, since I have the 10% discount code as well, and it ends on Sunday, but I don't know if it'll happen.

i remember feeling like this! a good old list and plenty of deep breathes helped :D i found taking one thing at a time and it soon comes together and then you wait impatiently for the VIP :D x

I know what you mean. We're ok as far as having stuff goes but mentally and emotionally I don't think we're very prepared at all. This being our first baby we have no real clue of what to expect and will be learning as we go along which feels like a very scary process when there's going to be a little baby depending on us!

awww hun :hugs: i was panicking the other week and i still got stuff to buy but it doesnt seem to be bothering me at the mo! dw im sure youll get it all done by the time your lil boy is born!

I am relieved I am not on my own!! We have been spending so much time and money trying to get all the house renovations done that baby stuff has taken a back seat !!

i'm behind on things like xmas gifts, usually 85-90% is done by easter, this yr i have a handful of bits as been buying baby stuff instead.

I only just got the last thing i needed yesterday, i was so unorganised and since about 30 weeks been rushing round getting everything.

You've got more than me! if that makes you feel any better ;) haven't got anything ordered / sorted as yet. I was in Mothercare the otherday and was overwhelmed with how much stuff there is and that i have nothing! but we have time 16weeks is loads to get all sorted, just get a list and tick some off of it each week, don't stress, my friends who have had babies said newborns don't really need that much anyways really. All the best x

My lodger hasn't moved out of the baby's room yet, and won't for another month or two, so we've been trying not to buy too much as it all gets piled in the spare room, and there isn't any space in there. That said, we have a changing table with drawers, some nappies, some nappy covers and liners, ten or so babygros, a respisense monitor, a breast pump, some bottles, some nipple pads (so attractive), a couple of baby towels, and a crib and a mattress. All I really need in addition to this is bedding, which I'll mostly make, some sleeping bags and the consumables. I'm not worried at all, there's plenty of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->