Not ready for another birth experience I didn't want!

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
I can't even begin to express how upset I am today. I have had my regular OB throughout my entire pregnancy. I chose her specifically because I knew I was going to have a repeat c section. I assumed that since it was going to be planned, I would get to have the doctor I wanted. Turns out they are going to use my original due date from the first ultrasound instead of the second, which is January 1st. That means my 39th week falls on December 25th.

You can't have a csection on a holiday - so not the 25th or 1st. You can't have a csection on a weekend - so not the 27th or 28th. ...And my doctor is going out of town from the 25th until January 2nd. But the csection has to be done that 39th week - so either the 26th, 29th, 30th, or 31st... When she'll be gone. I asked if they could do it the 24th since she'll be here, and apparently one day and the hospital won't budge. Because 38 weeks 6 days is so much worse than 39 weeks 0 days. Even though I had Micah at 38 weeks.

So I have to give birth in a way I don't want AGAIN. With another on-call doctor I do not know, who does not know me or my wishes, who won't give a crap about my concerns, and I'm already scared. This is a nightmare. Hate today. Last time I experienced horrible depression stemming from the way my birth happened - my husband wasn't allowed to cut the cord, I wasn't allowed skin to skin, and I didn't even SEE Micah until the recovery room. They wouldn't even show me him though nothing was wrong. Now I'm having horrible anxiety about the same thing happening since I don't know this doctor either and they don't know me. :cry:

:hugs: :hugs:Wow the hospital you are going to seems so strict. I had a scheduled c section on jan 1st with my dr and the surgeon he recommended. I can't say about why they wouldn't let you see your son as I got to do skin to skin while they stitched me up...obviously if they had wanted to monitor him I wouldn't have.

Could you write out a birth plan and give it to the nurses and your dr before the section? I think letting them know your wishes they will try to grant them. I would definitely let your dr know how important it is to you to have her there or at least to meet the surgeon before hand who is performing the section.
I would hate not knowing my dr...I'm so sorry this is going on again for you. I hope everything works out for you!!:flower:

make a birth plan hun.. this other ob might be more willing to do it! i got my every wish with my planned section but that was through asking the surgeon and not my consultant. mine is book for 38+5.

they wont let your dh cut the cord but he should be able to shorten it before baby is cleaned. You should also be offered skin to skin or for your dh to hold baby while hes sat beside you! you definitely shouldnt have to wait till recovery to see your baby if all is well :hugs: :hugs:

Can you make an appointment to see the OB who will actually deliver you? If you write out a simple birth plan with your desires, they should be willing to talk through it with you and let you know what is possible and what isn't. Your current OB should be able to at least give you a general idea of what is allowed so you can start there. If you can't get an appointment with this person, maybe talk to them (or your nurses) about your birth preferences when you arrive at the hospital?

So sorry you have this added stress, but most OBs seem to want to make you comfortable to the extent possible, so just be polite and firm and you'll probably get most of what you want. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->