Not showing any bump First Pregnancy 9 weeks

trying2bamom

Reaction score
So I'm just wondering if anyone remembers when they started showing with their first child.

I am over weight , but my belly doesn't feel hard or anything . I'm scared. I don't feel anything . I had a little morning sickness last week, but this week I just get queasy. I don't throw up or anything.

Is there anything to worry about?

No. Many women don't get bumps until the second tri - and late into the second tri. Especially if there's a little extra belly fluff. It's only bloat this early that would make a bump as the baby is still very small. I got the bloat early and it never went away just transitioned into a proper bump, but women start showing at all different times.

It's normal, baby is tiny. I was a lot thinner with my first and it was about 15 weeks before I had a bump people could tell was a bump. I will be honest that a few of my over weight friends didn't show at all till 30 ish weeks, before that they just had a B belly. But all had lovely healthy babies. This early it isn't a sign anything is wrong. It's only past 24 weeks it can be an indication of how baby is growing and even then it can be way off. Try not to stress over it.

Thanks , Everything scares me. This is my very first pregnancy and so many stories of miscarriages.

Oh try not to worry. I didn't have a bump until 4ish months with my first, even with my second my bump took a while to show. It is only now that I am onto my 3rd that I seem to have an early bump, but if you touch it, its just wobble!!

I have a teeny weeny one at 9 weeks but I was a size 8 to begin with, and even then I'm not convinced it isn't just fat because I've been eating 24/7. Nobody would notice it other than me. Don't worry!! X

Like pp's said, you probably won't have a bump for a while and that's normal. I'm 12 weeks now and my tiny uterus bump is just starting to make its way above my pubic bone. Most of any bump I have right now is bloat (and fat lol).

I didn't get a bump that was visible to me until 20 weeks and then around 24 weeks i popped and the bump could not be contained.

With my first I started day showing it bump at 24 weeks and my second at 22 weeks

I got a bump about 18 weeks with my first. The baby is tiny at 9 weeks.

With my first baby i honestly didn't have a bump at all until i was 25 weeks, back when i had tummy muscles.....

With my 1st I didnt show at all until 23 weeks and I was 7st and tiny! Even them I was still in my size 8 jeans til the end! With my second though I had an obvious first tri bump

That all sounds pretty normal to me. I did feel nauseous and exhausted, but I never threw up once my whole pregnancy. I looked bloated at 9 weeks, but no bump, even if my clothes didn't fit anymore. Which makes sense because baby is still well behind the public bone until 2nd trimester so any 'bump' before then is just water retention or weight gain. I had a bump by about 16 weeks or so.

I didn't show with my first until 23/24 weeks.

I have had 5 babies and I'm not overweight. While I do bloat early and instantly, I don't actually show ever until I'm around 5 months so you are very normal. I bloat the first few weeks and then around 12 weeks it goes away and I thicken but as far as getting an actual bump that doesn't happen until around my 20 week ultrasound and that's usually pretty small.

Other than the initial bloat, my first time I didn't really start showing until 14 weeks and even then no one really noticed until 20 weeks depending on the clothes I was wearing. I was just barely normal weight.

I just feel so sick all the time. I hope this is a healthy baby. I am exhausted and aggravated and cold all the time. Everything makes me feel a certain type of way (queasy) and I work in Customer service, my patience is shot...

With my first, i didn't show until two weeks before my baby shower…and my second baby i started showing around 25 weeks!

I popped at 19+3 with my DD. I was about 7lb overweight at the beginning of the pregnancy. Before that, I could feel a tiny hard bump when lying down from about 11 weeks, but there was nothing obvious to anyone else except my DH; it was just bloat. I started wearing maternity trousers at about 11 weeks but my normal clothes were a bit tighter than they should have been before pregnancy anyway ;)

Don't worry, it all sounds perfectly normal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->