not sleeping at all

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ffion refuses to sleep for more than 2hrs at a time.. its killing me :(

how do you get your LO to sleep!?

tbh hun, I co sleep so I can sleep wile Kaya feeds. I know you don't want to do that hun, but that's how I coped when Kaya was the same. We're just starting to think about getting her into her own bed for at least some of the night.

Try swaddling her? Hope she starts sleeping soon x

I'd also recomend swaddling. or co sleeping. even just for an afternoon nap (if you're not wanting to do it by night). My LO can wake up briefly but a quick rub of the tummy or cheek can send him right off again if he's still semi asleep.

Keep the room a little darkish and quiet. I am always having motorbikes go past my house and waking my LO. Drives me nuts.

i have the same problem with Ali (1 month 1 day old). he feeds and sleeps two hourly.
i am shattered and zombie like!
i find taking him out for walks help (although i don't get to rest!). he sleeps really well then and continues to sleep when we get home for an hour or so in his buggy.
nice way of getting out of the house plus get some much needed exercise!

i wish he would sleep for 4 hours straight - bliss!

:hug: hope things improve for you.

Christine
X

During the day Hannah hardly goes down at all, 30 minute naps here and there and than she's back up. I generally take one nap a day with her, in the mornings we co-sleep. At night we bath her, feed her, than rock her to sleep and put her in her crib. She generally sleeps for 4-5 hours, when she wakes up for a feed we keep the lights low and the noise level at the bare minimum. Most night she'll go back down for another 2-3 hours.

It must be the age. The last 3 days Bella has been the same. Hardly any naps during the day and at night is waking up crying every 1-2 hours. I've just been letting her eat all night long while I sleep, or she sleeps on my chest. I've been trying the No-Cry Sleep Solution, it's helping her to fall asleep on her own a little better during the day.

Aww Tezzy, I feel your pain.

Dylan is also waking a crazy amount at night. I have no idea what it is as he doesn't seem hungry, he just wakes. I'm hoping it will go soon and his sleep will get better.

It does literally feel like its killing me too! Surely babies' survival depends on the survival of the mother...??!

i feel for u hun i cant complain jack sleeps at least 7 hours at night but doesnt sleep at all during the day except for little naps.

i have found white noise or music helps jack sleep x

I was going to post about this today my little one seems to be waking more and more.
I know she isn't hungry she has had a long b/f falling asleep on me so i put her down in the crib and she wakes up after about 5mins. She isn't crying and seems quite content but i thought she is meant to sleep after a big feed?
for example...last night she fed at 11pm then i put her to sleep about 11:40pm and she didn't sleep until 3am!! ( i did feed her again at 2am ). She was grizzly most of the evening and i did offer her the breast more than once and even tried some formula (she hates the bottle), she does have a dummy but that didn't work. Is this normal?

I have to co sleep with Kaida to even think about putting her down for a nap/sleep.
She's a total mummy's girl.

aww hun im not sure, ella sleeps alot of the day and all night and im not doing anything apart from feed her! i hope it gets better for you soon :hugs:

I had this problem with Sebastian. It was because the formula I fed him was not keeping him satisfied, so I switched over to SMA white for hungrier babies. He now sleeps 3-4 hours.

I had this problem with Sebastian. It was because the formula I fed him was not keeping him satisfied, so I switched over to SMA white for hungrier babies. He now sleeps 3-4 hours.

totally off topic....

your Sebastian shares the same birthday as my Ali! What time was Sebastian born at ? Ali was born at 06:12 hours after a labour of just four hours!

congrats to you all by the way! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

how is the weight loss coming along? i have lost just over 2 stone but i have another 3 to go (one of which i gained during pregnancy and i the other 2 are from before the pregnancy!). seems hard to shift i must say!

Christine
X

It must be the age. The last 3 days Bella has been the same. Hardly any naps during the day and at night is waking up crying every 1-2 hours. I've just been letting her eat all night long while I sleep, or she sleeps on my chest. I've been trying the No-Cry Sleep Solution, it's helping her to fall asleep on her own a little better during the day.
Whats the no-cry sleep solution? I will try anything! lol
Tabs only naps for half an hour at a time during the day :-( sleeps ok ish at night but has been waking up at weird times this week.
evening routine was bath and feed then just swaying on my lap while eastenders is on then she is asleep by the end of it! but this week it has gone to pot.
Does teething affect LO's routines?

Whats the no-cry sleep solution? I will try anything! lol
Tabs only naps for half an hour at a time during the day :-( sleeps ok ish at night but has been waking up at weird times this week.
evening routine was bath and feed then just swaying on my lap while eastenders is on then she is asleep by the end of it! but this week it has gone to pot.
Does teething affect LO's routines?

It's a really good book - https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Cry-Sle...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220619274&sr=8-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->