Not Sleeping (Rant)

GroomerMama

Reaction score
Sleep is becoming pretty fleeting for me when I need it most. I'm doing six days a week currently, training a new employee to our business and the seventh day is spent making appointments, running errands, going to appointments, building the nursery, etc. I'm pretty much on my last leg in terms of energy and getting close to fraying emotionally as well because of the lack of rest.

So this brings me to my little rant: I don't want to hear that my body is "preparing me" for my baby and not getting any sleep with her around from every mother in my life. Don't make me worry, feel dread over my child and get me upset with useless quips when I'm already working a physically strenuous job and by the uncharacteristic look of huge bags and dark circles under my usually perky eyes, I'm obviously not getting enough rest.

We're going to drop down to 4 days a week work-wise when she is here, so I'm actually looking forward to this, currently and at least when she's here there will be a valid reason for me not sleeping.

I just get so angry every time this happens:
"You look exhausted."
Me: I'm not getting any sleep. I keep waking up in the middle of the night.
"Oh just wait until the baby is here!"

Sorry, I had to rant somewhere. I'm so close to snapping at someone, but at least I'd have a valid reason..

Hey,, I wish I could help you, but to be honest I'd never gone through such sleeplessness, as all the time I used to sleep and sleep :) :)

That would be annoying to me as well. But keep in mind they are just trying to talk with you! I do a lot of work myself and hearing other people talk about how busy their lives are is enough to make me mad because I have been in the mindset that none of them are working harder than I am at the moment. But I just have to remember that at the end of the day it shouldnt really matter what other people are saying. You just have to try to not let it get to you.

I don't work as much as you but I'm definitely not getting much sleep due to pains and other issues, and people are saying the same thing to me, even FOB. I am always yawning and taking naps because I only sleep an hour or two at a time and he always chimes in saying "just wait until the baby is here, you'll wish she was back in your belly and you'll wish you slept as much as you do now" or something like that, and others have said similar things as well, I'm just like, "really? I thought she'd be sleeping on my schedule and life would be stress free! *super sarcastic tone*". I realize they don't mean anything bad by it, but when you're stressed, sleep deprived and hormonal little comments like that can really get on your nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->