Not sore at all after birth.. Normal?

OhhBabyBump

#2 on the way!♥
Reaction score
This is my second baby, I just had her July 3rd. With my first I had an all natural birth and tore a little, which was fixed with stitches. I was so sore and swollen down there for at least two weeks.

This time, I had an epidural, and had no tears, just a little "skid mark" (as they called it) on the inside. I'm not swollen at all, and definitely don't feel like I just had a baby. I'm able to sit, stand, and walk comfortably without any pain whatsoever.

Is it because I had an epidural? Because this is my second child? Has anyone else been pain-free after pushing a baby out of your hoo-ha??

I was like this after my second, no tears or grazes and felt great! I didn't have an epidural though so maybe it's just after a great birth??

The only pain I had postpartum was when I nursed my second the first couple days and my uterus would clamp down super hard.

As far as tender and sore bits though? Nada.

(I had an epidural for both and no tearing or episiotomies at all too - not sure if that's coincidence or not but thought I'd mention it - hooray for feeling so fantastic in either event!!!)

This time around I felt fine afterwards, with my first labour I had an episiotomy as my daughter was breech, second time I just had a small graze-I was even able to walk home from the hospital.
I didn't have an epidural with either delivery so I think it was more to do with the stitches than anything.

I am the same!!!! Also my second, with my first i had and epidural was pushing for 3 hours and had a little scratch no stitches and was sore for a few weeks nothing major. This time had no drugs pushed twice and no stitches or grazes and feel so normal not sore swollen or anything. I wondered if it was because it's my second or the pushing difference.

I had a natural, drug free birth. 38hr labour with 1hr of pushing. I was hardly sore at all after.

Wow! That is hopeful! I felt awful after my first and even wound up with an infection in a tear! My labor was so fast and I had no one coaching my pushing so I tore pretty badly. Hoping to avoid that this time and walk away unscathed!

Hi my baby is also from july 3rd and she is my third baby though snd this was the hardest birth but the best recovery. I remember with my son feeling bruised and couldnt sit for weeks!

No, I was in lots of pain with a tiny first degree tear and only one stitch! I just wanted to say congratulations to you! :D

Oh my! I want this! :haha: I hope I can join your club after I have this baby!!! With my first it took me 8 weeks at least to walk without being in tears & I only had one small tear... I've heard it's easier with the second, but I would do anything to say I wasn't even sore after!! haha! Thanks for giving me hope, I really needed to hear this right now! :hugs:

Both my labours were natural, I tore a little bit first time and it was sore for a week or 2, I didn't tear at all second time and had no pain down there, after pains were my curse....oh but my bum felt a bit weird lol.....took a while until going to the toilet fell normal (sorry TMI!) but yeah everything else felt surprisingly fine.

I wasn't so sure this would be true for me, but even with a crazy fast labor after water breaking i had a lovely midwife coaching my few pushes and doing hot compress' and I didn't tear at all! Not sore at all today although it feels alarming when I cough haha! The uterine after pains are awful this time though! I heard they get worse with each baby. But, I'll take that over the terrible swelling and pain I had last time!

I technically free birthed this time as the MW didn't make it in time, very quick labour of about an hour but managed to push him out steadily enough to not tear, just followed my body. After pains were horrific, I would do labour again tomorrow but I never want to experience an after pain again, I didn't have any pain relief in labour but during after pains I had a hot water bottle, tens machine and was on all 4s screaming, just awful!!!

Also my second baby and I was completely fine straight away to the point of being told off by a midwife because I was up and pottering about after the skin to skin time.

All was fine in the hooha area but christ those after pains hurt! I never had those with my first and no one warned me about them this time. I didnt have pain relief when I was in labour but I did for those damn after pain lol

I wasn't in pain either after my natural no pain relief delivery, but the after pain in my uterus was awful I had to have paracetamol.
I'm hoping for the same with this one.
Xx

Me too, and I had an epidural. This is my first baby too. The only pain I had was from hemorrhoids (had them before labor, and OMG did pushing make them a million times worse).

Oh, and after pains from bf'ing.

Not nearly as bad as I imagined. And I tore on the inside and got stitches. Never felt any pain - just a tight pulling as the stitches healed.

I didn't tear and I had no soreness from delivery at all. I was actually surprised. I also had an epidural.

I didn't have an epidural either time and didn't tear with either of them. I had a slight graze with ds2 but it didn't hurt at all. I'm really hoping to have the same this time!

I just had our first baby august 5th and had nothing but an external graze and a little bruiseing the next morning I felt energized and In no pain that hubby baby and I went out to coffee and donuts then to SAMs for a few bits we needed (his cloth diapers were to big so got some disposable) my son was 7lbs 6oz and was born at home in a birth pool with no pain relief labor started 30 seconds after water broke at 5:53am Noah was born at 12:47pm after 6 hours of laboring and 30 mins of pushing.

Midwife seemed very surprised at how good I felt, 9 days pp all bleeding had stopped and my belly was flat again.

I hate you all :) But at the same time praying that this is me in 10 weeks time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->