Not Sure about this

Geminus

Reaction score
So I found out that I have two cyst on my right ovary. One is "large" one is small.. the small one burst and I got one day spotting but been in pain since 12/12 and passed it off as ovulation pain which i got my first opk smiley face cd12 on 12/23. What does this mean? The tech doing the ultra sound said its a "complex" cyst? I have no idea what this is but, have to follow up in 3 weeks with my gyn? Do these cyst prevent pregnancy? I am very regular with my menstrual cycle. I got a smiley face on opk but, we all know that doesn't exactly mean your ovulating .. does this interfere with conceiving? any answers would be greatly appreciated.. I feel like I'm doomed :-(

Hey Geminus,

I had an ovarian cyst when I was newly pregnant with my 3rd baby. I had pain and bleeding so an ultrasound was ordered to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. And that's how the cyst was discovered. And it was the cause of the pain and bleeding--way better than an ectopic pregnancy--what a relief! I was told it was very common and that the cyst would dissipate on it's own. I found a site that might be helpful:
https://www.drmalpani.com/ovarian-cyst-and-infertility.htm

Whenever I Google things, it almost always sounds worse than what it really is. So try not to let this worry you too much. It sounds like further tests are in order. And those tests will most likely rule out anything bad. I don't think this should effect your fertility. I hope you'll update later. Take care. :flower:

Oww thank you so much for the site and words of encouragement and yes I have a follow up in three weeks the wait will kill me but, yes I will keep you updated! and baby dust to you :)

hey hon - I have pcos so get a lot of cysts and had a big cyst with my last pregnancy - my drs just let them drain on their own x

in terms of opks as my hormones play about I get constant positive opks even when I dont ovulate due to too much LH so Im not sure re your opk as to whether you have ov or not - I temp chart as its the only way i can know whats going on but if you have regular cycles you may be fine with opks - hope everything works out for you x

Hi There,

When I got pregnant they discovered I had an 11 cm cyst on one ovary!!! It has shrunk a bit now because obviously my periods have stopped but it clearly didn't stop me getting pregnant and it was huge! They are going to leave it there and scan me after the birth.

Hope this helps,

Cxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"