Not sure how I feel about trying again for a specific gender..

icegurl470

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this topic but hopefully some of you ladies have some insight on this..

Ive always wanted two children, specifically an older girl and a younger boy. My first was a girl and I was thrilled. My 2nd was also a girl and even tho it's not what I "wanted" we were both happy. Now, however, I'm struggling with the decision to have another child.. I personally don't mind having another, even if it's a girl, as long as we wait until after the two kids we have now start school or something, because we currently both need to work to sustain us financially and unless our situation changes, we simply cant afford to have 3 kids in daycare. I know my husband really wants a boy, however, and I'm worried he would be disappointed if its another girl and I don't want to keep trying just for a boy, you know what I mean? Has this ever happened to anyone on here? What are your thoughts?

I'm fairly certain I'll be trying for a girl when we start trying using the Shettles method, which I've been reading up about. I have a 6yo son already and I have a 13yo stepdaughter but I've always wanted a baby girl & my partner would prefer another girl. Obviously we'll be elated either way but we'll do what we can to apparently sway it!

I'd talk to him about the possibility you might not get a boy. I'm sure he would love a girl just as much anyway.

Only tried to gender sway once (for our boy) and it worked. Definitely follow shettles method to help increase the odds. I think there's something in that.

He said he wouldn't mind if it was another girl and agreed we would stop trying after #3 so I guess we are just waiting until my first two are a little older. TBH we tried for a boy the 2nd time around. I used ovulation tests for a couple months and timed intercourse close to ovulation to favor a boy and we still got a girl hehe. I'm going to have to pull out all the stops for the next one. Maybe try timing right and the "boy" diet and whatnot.

My OH has two girls already and after our wedding later this year we are going to try. He really wants s boy, but obviously I'd be happy with either as its my first! It would be lively to give him the boy he wants, so we might look into those methods but it would be interesting to know how many people it actuall works for! X

I think you just need to tell him that it may be another girl and you consciously need to make a decision together about when is the time to stop having children regardless of the gender. I have a step daughter and a step son, and me and my partner have a little girl together. I will be honest after bringing up step children of each gender, I really wanted a boy. However, upon finding out at the scan we were blessed with a daughter, I was genuinely over the moon (there was a small pang of disappointment and then guilt!) and I can't imagine even having a son now.
When discussing future children, we have agreed that we will have a second together and that is it (I would like a 3rd but know that having 5 children on a weekend isn't possible). We are hoping to try towards the end of this year and I always said I would want a boy this time and thought I would genuinely be upset if I didn't get one of each. As time is going on though, I've come to terms that it may possibly be another girl and if I don't have a son, then so be it. Two daughters would be better than no children at all, and even though it may be slightly disappointing, all I really care about is having healthy children :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->