Not sure how to handle this situation

Chel

Reaction score
I have PND support group every friday, and I'm going tomorrow. I'm there because Jasper stopped breathing at 1 week old for a few minutes so I'm suffering from anxiety more than anything.

Part of the program involves having the babies/children in care of 2 childcare staff for the 2 hours that the support group goes for, the babies are just in the next room, we're free to leave the group to check on them, see a 'free' (well.. we did pay for the councilling itself... so I assume that cost was included) service provided so that we have the oportunity to not be distracted by the bubs while we deal with 'stuff'.

Last week was the first week I was ready to leave him with someone else, I was checking in frequently, when I heard ANY cry I'd pop my head in, just in case it was him... at the first break (at 1 hour) I went in and settled him to sleep in his pram and then left him, asking them to bring him into me if he wakes and that was fine.

The session ran a little over time, I actually got QUITE emotional towards the end, I hadn't noticed the time at all (as its a group councilling session, I'm not watching the clock!) and over that hour all the other babies had been crying and we being held by their mums in the group.

I could hear Jasper crying a little, but I was really needing to finish what I was saying, so I didn't jump up, knowing someone else was there for him. When I could hear him SCREAMING in the end and I got up and went to him.... and... the room was empty! The carers had packed up, turned off the lights and left my baby on his own! I couldn't believe it! I was so shocked and upset I nearly cried (mind you, I was already emotional about the session) and I even looked around for the girls but they'd totally left the building!!! I know I was only a few meters away, but they could have told me they were leaving him!!! I suspect they forgot he was there, as he was asleep, and all the other babies were back with their mums!

I feel ripped off now, because I really wanted to be able to leave him for that time so I could have some 'me' time to deal with some stuff, so that I can be a better mummy, but I just cant trust these girls now!!!

I'm also really emotional about it all, so that doesn't help... I'm thinking to tell the facillitator, as I think it would be inappropriate for me to directly talk to these girls... as... I'd probably end up telling them off too harshly.

But even if I tell the facillitator, and she talks to the girls, I still cant see me wanting to leave him again.

I dont know what to do... I think I mostly needed to vent that, its been upsetting me all week!

omg thats awfull hun regardless if u were only a few metres away. their there to care for the children...and i would personally speak to someone about it and make a complaint.
they need to get them selves in check i mean this is probably made ur anxiety even worse now especially when your putting your trust into these people.
and no 1 can blame you for not wanting to leave him with them.
is there any1 you can leave him with family wise or can you have him with you on the next session ?
but defo make a complaint hun xxx

Oh hun - that is shocking what they did!

I'm sure it was an accident - but thats just fueling your anxiety!

Have a word with the councilor/whoever runs it.

P.s. I'm sure Jaspers ok, sometimes they have to learn they can't always be picked up straight away.

that is totally out of line i would complain, id feel the same as you, maybe your mom or a friend can watch him during this time instead

You poor thing :hugs:
Definitely make a complaint.

Oh hun thats terrible.
I would definitely make a complaint.
:hugs: xx

Have a word with them. If this session is supposed to help you, then they're not doing the job!!! How awful for you, definitley have a word, I would be fuming and upset, make sure you tell someone. Maybe the person in charge doesn't know so tell them so they can deal with it.

hun make a complain... They have no right to leave the baby alone... If they wanted to leave they could bring the baby to you before they left... Hun complain otherwise they will do it again...

Def complain. You are there for anxiety issues so for them to do that really isn't helping your issues. ATM I can't even leave my LO with family as so anxious about leaving her, so you were very brave to leave your LO with these people so they were totally out of order to do that to you and basically betray your trust and not to mention the fact you are paying for these sessions is totally wrong mistake or not. I'd be fuming.

I would have freaked. You are there for support love, and you need to know that your LO is taken care of. I would definatly complain, big time!

That's shocking!! I'd definitely make a complaint. Knowing how worried you were about leaving him in the first place, surely they can understand that doing something like that is likely to make you feel even worse?! I would have gone mental!

:hug: x

Thanks everyone! I was a bit aware that i could have been emotional and overeacting - as jasper was actualy perfectly fine and safe, and even within earshot, but its just the thought that he was left alone without me knowing, it felt awful.

poor you honey, you have gone there for support and you need to feel 110% comfortable, i too would complain, its really shocking, huge :hugs: for you, so sorry this happened on top of everything you're dealing with :hugs: x

holy hell, that is horrible! I hope you complain!

:shock: That is awful! I would be very peeved, and would definitely talk to the facilitator, but also, I would certainly not trust the girls again... :hug:

Thanks everyone! I was a bit aware that i could have been emotional and overeacting - as jasper was actualy perfectly fine and safe, and even within earshot, but its just the thought that he was left alone without me knowing, it felt awful.

Chel, even if he was ok, and in earshot, they NEVER should have left him without telling you. It is so wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->