Not sure how to handle this situation

Thanks everyone! I was a bit aware that i could have been emotional and overeacting - as jasper was actualy perfectly fine and safe, and even within earshot, but its just the thought that he was left alone without me knowing, it felt awful.

Chel, even if he was ok, and in earshot, they NEVER should have left him without telling you. It is so wrong.

I agree. What if he hadn't cried when he woke? What if he had fallen out? Or what if he hadn't been in his pram at all and had gotten into something dangerous?!
The whole situation of them leaving him is dangerous altogether, whether he was in earshot or not. It was very irresponsible of them and I would talk to their manager.
I cannot imagine how horrible it must have felt to find him like that, especially with your anxiety already!! :hugs: I dont really have anxiety problems as far as Colton and I would have been outraged! :hugs:

definately not ok! what if someone had walked in and took him?

definately not ok! what if someone had walked in and took him?

This is the main thing that freaked me out. He doesn't roll or move much, nothing REALLY was going to happen to him without a freak accident, but someone could have kidnapped him and been miles away. I only checked because he was screaming and I thought 'gee, I should help her out, he's really being a handful!" It does happen! We were in a community building, open to the public, no security, anybody can just walk in off the street... its UNLIKELY but the possibility was there!!! It has/does happen... the term 'kidnapping' isnt just made up! People do it!!!

I mentioned it to the facillitator, I didn't want to make a big deal, and I didn't want to put off the other mums either, he'd been forgotten, it wasn't malicious, these girs are quite young and I get that people make mistakes. we're all human!

I kept Jasper with me for the first half the session (as I arrived late anyway!) and when he was asleep I put him in the room with the girls again, but I basically pretended they weren't there, as in, I behaved exactly as I would if I'd just put him in an empty room myself - I checked on him, several times and made sure I went and got him LONG before the end of the session, so I'd know that there would always be someone around to watch out for him. He was one of about 5 babies in there and as the others were awake and older so they muck around, I trust that she wouldnt have been stupid enough to leave 4 crawling babies unattended! So I knew she couldn't have left him, so nobody could sneak in and steal him!

Thanks to everyone for all your support and concern! It feel great to know I'm not over-reacting! If anything, from all the responses, I'm probably under-reacting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->