not sure I dare even ask it...

... We went to see my dad in his casket so he got to 'meet' him. At the end he asked to have a few words alone with my dad, and later he told me he asked for my hand in marriage. :cry: we got married 2 years later on my dads bday.

Oh my God, but this gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes! What a sad but wonderful story...a blessing through heartbreak :hugs::hugs::hugs:

after reading all these posts never before have I wanted so bad for you all to get your BFPs asap :hugs: It seems so cruel that here are all these amazing women, ready to give a child an amazing life, and nature is letting them down. I truly believe that we will all get our bfps, might take months, even years, but we will get them!

I also talk to my dad, even this morning I was touching my lower stomach asking him to please help me conceive as I ovulated yesterday! but I know they cant always work miracles (otherwise a lot of us would be winning the lottery lol) but I truly believe that everything happens when its supposed to.

a nice story to share: I met my hubby (9 years ago this friday!!!) 8 months before my dad passed and I know he was sent to me to help me through losing my dad. I was 29 and hubby was 20, I thought no way am I going out with a guy that young but I thought he was so cute so I just went along for a date.

At the time my dad had been ill, and the movie 'meet joe black' was a really emotional movie for me as it reminded me of my close relationship with my dad, and how the dad wanted his daughter to fall head over heels in love. I could barely watch the movie without balling, it felt such a connection to it. Anyway on our first date hubby and I were talking about movies and I said I have a cool movie collection, not too many chick flicks and hubby said "oh theres a great chick flick with brad pitt in it, meet joe black'. I looked at him and said 'ok you have to marry me'....I couldnt believe he had named this one movie that was so special to me.

Fast forward 8 months later, I live in Canada and flew to England for Christmas. found out dad had passed (at the airport, was such a shock, I even had his presents in my suitcase). Hubby came over for the funeral, here he is 20 years old and having to meet my whole family at the worst time. He was great and everyone loved him. We went to see my dad in his casket so he got to 'meet' him. At the end he asked to have a few words alone with my dad, and later he told me he asked for my hand in marriage. :cry: we got married 2 years later on my dads bday.

I dont know how I would have gotten through my dads passing without my husband. all this happening truly makes me realize that everything happens for a reason and I have to think about that when getting my period every month. I was so close to my dad and I cant wait to see my husband be a father as I know he will be amazing.

anyway thanks for listening :flower:

What a beautiful story Sarah, I just about blubbed reading it. What a sensitive guy your OH is.

thanks ladies, I love to share it as I really feel it shows that everything happens for a reason when its supposed to. i know thats hard to think about when people have been trying for 1, 2, or more years, but perhaps their forever baby is just not ready yet. I cant wait for everyone in this section gets their bfps :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->