not sure what to do. (kitten)

welshcowgirl

mum to 3 ds and pg
Reaction score
so on Wednesday it was my bday, and I got a kitten. whenwe got her home I noticed she had sticky eyes. I decided to leave her a few.days and see.how she was. so yesterday, I thought we'd better take her vets as no better. I messaged the people we got her of as never used bets before, and wanted an idea of cost. wasn't until I messed them they told me it might be cast flu. they offered me my money back which I didn't want. and said they would take her to vets. and to return her asap. I told them no, they could pick her up and drop her back for her appointment. they said ok, and would let me know when that was. ten mind laterthere's a knock at the door and there there for my kitty. said she's be going today our tomorrow. the woman also.bought a bloke with her.

a couple hours later a get a message to say she needs meds for 7 days and she must stay with them. as the vet has given the meds in bulk for all the kittens.

I really doubt I'm going to get my kitten back and not. sure I can duo anything about it.

Hey hun,

I think its abit of a tricky one but if i were you - i would message them constantly? if you know there address i would turn up after a week and demand to have your kitten back or your money back.

Good luck x

thanks for the reply. yeah I plan to keep in contact with them. even though they said they would keep in contact. the mad thing is they only live about 15 doors away, around the next street.
that's the thing I don't want my money back, I want my kitty. though she was only here for a few days. me and my kids already love her.

I can't understand why they have taken your cat? What reasoning did they give for that?

I think you may have problems tbh, the whole thing sounds a bit odd, there is no reason why you couldn't have taken the kitten to the vet, so I don't see why the insistence to return her to them

they said they would take it as they hadn't realized she had the.cold before they sold her.and they would pay the cost. I hadn't agreed for them to take her but next thing they where art my foot. u really regret handing her over. but I was home alone, and the woman brought a bloke with her and I was a bit intimidated. she said she had to keep her there as the very had done the meds in bulk. as she had taken 3 other kittens to vets also.

I just know I am going to get a message before next weekend making out she's died.

I didnt mean from your point thinking you did wrong, just that they shouldn't have any reason to do that, so it sounds a bit dodgy I'm afraid

Out of interest, how old was the kitten?

she was 9 weeks old on Friday.

I know the whole thing was screaming at me dodgy before I handed her over. but cause hubby was out, I didn't know what to do. so stupid me handed her over.

I guess I just wanted to ask on here if it seemed dodgy. or if I just wasnt trusting. but the more I tell people about it, the more I know I won't see my kitty again. and I'm gutted.

I would message her now and tell her you've spoken to your vets who have confirmed that there's no reason you can't medicate at your home, that they will supply the meds and considering your kids are really attached then your husband will be round at such and such time to collect her. I wouldn't ask if that's ok just say that's what you're doing.

Then take a letter to say you won't take it further if that cat dies in your care from the cat flu.

However although this may get your cat back, you will have to pay for vet bills which are expensive! I guess the kitten is uninsured?

Also you may have a very sick kitten, so prepare yourself to watch it slip away with your kids around. Cat flu can be serious, especially for kittens so young.

Breeders removing pets if theyre found to be sick when they rehome isnt uncommon

I hope you get your kitten back, but it all sounds very weird. x

if you have papers etc which you would get from a reputable breeder, you could take action for theft.

sounds dodgy though, hope you get kitty back.

im not bothered about how much it.would have cost.me. she hasn't told me what she has, but it's either a child or flu. it has stick eyes and a.sneeze but other than that shewas eating and drinking find and really playful. also they weren't breeders, just happened one of there cats who was ment to be netured had a litter.

I dont have any paperwork at all. just.a Facebook message log of the convo we had of me.agrreing to pick her up. but that won't stand for anything.

only this morning when I messaged to ask her how Minnie was. and she replied saying that she seemed find and was.sleeping at the min.

so how can't she give not the medicine she needs? weather it's in bulk or not? surely she can still give you some? so sorry this has happened :( x

I think you need to be way more firm to be honest.

"Unfortunately there are currently no drugs available to kill these viruses so treatment is aimed at supporting the cat through its illness. This treatment includes antibiotics, to treat any secondary bacterial infections as these can be life-threatening, and drugs to help loosen the nasal discharge and make breathing less of a struggle"

Taken from FAB website. ALL treatments you can give yourself, you need to demand your property back.

that's what I think too. thanks, but as the saying goes, it could only happen to more.

Sticky eye is very common in kittens that are breed, basically, in large numbers, not the cleanest conditions etc. Of course there are other causes completely unrelated but if you don't use a reputable breeder these problems do occur :(
Our cats was easily treatable. We bathed it in lukewarm water every day, but a vets would have sorted it for you also. I wish you had of asked before you gave the kitten to them! They sound a bit dodgy.

I think everyone is jumping the gun a bit. Their first response was to offer you your money back. YOU said you'd rather keep the kitty. They could have said "Fine", kept your money and let you pay your own bills (I estimate at between £50-£90 for initial assessment and medication), but they didn't. They feel responsible because you bought her in good faith as a "healthy" kitten - which it now turns out she wasn't.

I am grateful for them taking her and paying the.Bill. but I never asked them too. I know they offered my money back but I want the kitten healthy or not.

I did look into sticky eye, and it said it could be just the fact they haven't learnt to clean themselves properly yet. or could be something like.cat flu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->