not sure what to do. (kitten)

well I messaged to see how she was today, and I got to reply. she was online at the time too.

I've messaged my local police to see where I.stand if they won't give Her back, so waiting for a reply of them.

Doesn't sound dodgy to me. People with new kittens want to get rid of them because having loads of cats is expensive and not very practical, and finding homes is hard. It sounds to me like she realised the other kittens were ill, and when you said yours was she felt bad about it realising it was the same thing, thought it'd be easy to take them all the the vets together and then got given a bottle or drops or something that she can't easily separate and thought it made sense to keep them together for the meds. AND she paid the vets fees, which she didn't need to do. Sounds fine to me. If you don't get her back in a week then by all means go over and ask about her but I don't think there's anything unusual going on.

she has loads of cats. not sure how many, but I saw about 9 they're when I went to buy Minnie. also if I took a kitten to the vets that wasn't mine, I would have asked them to dispense there meds separate. maybe it's not strange behavior, but everybody who I've spoke to said it seems strange to them.

minnies home!!!!!!

I got a message yesterday evening to say she was well enough to come home. 5 mins later they where at the with her.

I was really surprised, but glad to have her back.

im so glad she is feeling better and you have her back yay!!!

thanks. she's not much different to when she left though. her eyes are a bit clearer. but still has runny nose and sneezing. the woman kept her she said, cause she didn't want my kids to catch it. bollocks!

Glad she's home. I think you need to take her to the vets yourself though so you know what you're dealing with and if the cat has been properly treated because really you haven't got any idea what the kitten did/had whilst she was taken away.

Glad she's home. I think you need to take her to the vets yourself though so you know what you're dealing with and if the cat has been properly treated because really you haven't got any idea what the kitten did/had whilst she was taken away.

I agree with this! :thumbup:

thanks. she's not much different to when she left though. her eyes are a bit clearer. but still has runny nose and sneezing. the woman kept her she said, cause she didn't want my kids to catch it. bollocks!

Come on she's done you a massive favour, she was only trying to be nice and you have your kitten back now! No need to still think of her as a liar.

She really doesn't have a clue what she's talking about also, because humans cannot catch & get ill from cat flu...and it spreads like wild fire in a community with lots of cats....therefore her house was not the safest place for your little kitten. Please make sure you get her checked and treated properly! :flower:

If its cat flu your kitty could now have a weak chest. My parents cat had it and since she did she sneezes lot and gets wheezy easily despite the flu being treated years ago and she is generally healthy and sees vet regularly. It might be something that will now effect her but I would take her to vets as well to check on her and tell your vet what your kitty was medicated with.

yes I plan to take her to vets myself. going to start ringing around for an appointment shortly. to be honest I don't think she's had any meds. cause other than better eyes, she's exactly the same.

I am grateful for them taking her(if they did) but now wonder why they bought her back early. when she cheerfully isn't better. seems to me they had a better offer for her, which has now fallen through.

should add, she wasn't returned with any meds.

it is possible they treated her as cat flu can cause long term effects. It was suprising they took her back though others said it could have been guilt. Did they tell you what medicines she was put on. It does seem silly she thought it could be passed on to your kids, surely its common sense that cat flu isn't passed to humans especially as she has a lot of cats.

she just said she was on eye drops and antibiotics. and had to have some boost thing in her food. while I can't remember exactly what it was I know she called it.something different yesterday. she never mentioned kids can catch it, until they came to the door. I already knew they can't catch it. it just seems.strange that she's returned her way before the meds ment to finish if her only concern is the kittys welfare as she said previously.

If I remember correctly conjunctivitis (very possible she said 'flu' and is actually referring to the herpes virus and conjunctivits is extremely common in kittens with herpes - that's the eye part and they usually have a bit of a 'cold' with it - runny nose, lethargic, whiny, etc.) can in fact be transmitted to humans by kittens. We often ended up with 'flu' kittens at the pet store as they often reacted to stress etc. Usually they need only some topical eye ointments and antibiotics if that so it's relatively easy to treat. To be honest, so far, from what I am reading, it seems to me that the previous owner was actually quite responsible and helpful. Few would be so quick to act and even fewer would think of other people's kids so quickly.

Hope your kitten recovers quickly! Keep an eye on her breathing to be sure she's breathing well and be sure to take her to your vet any way to have her properly dewormed, vaccinated etc. especially if she's already had little issues. :flower:

Food boost = critical care maybe? It's basically electrolytes to help them from getting dehydrated if I'm not confusing it with something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->