• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not sure what to do next?!

_Meep_

Two girls
Reaction score
Just found out I am pregnant this morning - little bit shocked as I was in the WTT group, but boyfriend and I DID have unprotected sex at the right time, lol. Just didn't expect it to happen straight away.

I don't know what the best course of action/order of events is now though? Should I see a doctor right away or would it be ok to wait a few days to get our heads round this? What did you ladies do? We are very happy, just sort of wandering round in a daze at the moment though!

Hello love.

Congratulations! xxx
I think its ok to wait a few days if you want to get your head round it. I found out on a Friday so I waited until the Monday to phone the doctors. I had to wait a week anyway for a docs appointment, I am going today. It depends on your docs as to when they can fit you in but you might find like me that you have to wait a little bit to get an appointment anyway.

H x

It depends on your area, mine won't see me until i'm 10 weeks. Give them a call and asked about procedure in your area!

Congratulations! :)

Depends on area. Some places you don't even need to see the doctor and can just call the surgery and get the midwives number and book straight to her.

The doctor appointment is generally a waste of time. If you don't have any under lying medical conditions here is how it will go:
You:"I'm pregnant, I got a positive home pregnancy test"
Doctor:"That's nice. Are you taking folic acid. Goodbye."

As the others have said, it depends on your area. Here the drs don't want to know and you contact the midwife your self. They talk to you about your dates and what not and then book you in for when your 8 weeks. That's just what happens here though. Of course it's ok to wait a bit longer, after all some women don't know for a long time that they're pregnant.

Congratulations

no harm taking a few days to catch your breath.

You won't get in right away anyways. But, sometimes calling can put a person at ease.

Ah thanks ladies! Very helpful answers! X

I waited a week or 2 because I was in denial of being pregnant again with an infant lol, but I ended up calling at 6 weeks and going in at 7 weeks for my first appt. I went at 6 weeks with my son, but they wanted me in ASAP due to a mmc 3 months prior.

I just called my ob this morning for the first prenatal and they don't want to see me for over four more weeks! You have time to wrap your mind around it! :)

Congrats and good luck momma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"