Not sure what to do...

KrisKitten

Reaction score
I got pregnant while on the pill and i know for a fact that i never missed a day of taking them as i always check the packet at the end of the month before i throw it away to make sure i did take every day (i usually have a very bad memory with other things so have always been extra paranoid about remembering to take the pill). Thing is because i found out i was pregnant very late i cant remember wether i was ill or anything around the time i concieved. I know i was never on antibiotics and i dont think i was sick but i cant be sure. So im not sure wether ill need a pill with a stronger dosage of hormone or wether it was a fluke that i got pregnant on micro 30. I dont wanna upgrade if i dont have to (greater risk of side effects like weight gain etc) but i definatley dont want to get pregnant again so soon!
Is there anyway i can test to see if the pill works for me? like a fertility test or sumthing coz ideally id like to keep using micro 30 but obv not if it doesnt work.

Can't help you much on this hun but I got pregnant on the depo jab with no illness/antibiotics or anything :shrug: I think it was probably just a fluke as it never failed me before in nearly 2 years?

I did some research into contraceptives anyway and urgh I deffinatly made my desision that I won't be using chemical types anymore for sure!

I'm going to try the natural family planning method and condoms beforehand until my periods get back to normal after bubba is born!

Good luck in finding the right contraceptive hun :) best thing to do is ask your doc or midwife (maybe midwife or ob gyne will know more as they are more womans body stuf orientated) :hugs: xX

Vomitting, the runs and a lot of other medicine can affect the pills effectiveness... If you're not sure whether you had any of that then that could be the reason.

Unfortunately I don't know any way to test whether it's right for you tho, I agree that your Dr or midwife is probably the best person to talk to x

Hi there, tbh i think Microgynon 30 may be one of the stronger ones hun. You could try an implant next time? xx

i was on micro 30 as well and look whats happened! i'm thinking of having the implant after i have baby, or going on cerazette. was on that for a while and loved it coz ya dont get periods woop de doop!

yeh, im planning on talkin to my GP at the 6 week check up but i just wanna have something to start with when i speak to him lol. I hate it when docs ask me questions, i always just go rlly stupid and forget everything i wanted to say to them. I think all the medical staff i saw with my pregnancy must just think im rlly ditzy - sad thing is when i dont need to be i can sound really sure of myself! lol
Whats cerazette?
I dont like the idea of the implant and the side effects of the injection and the coil scare me (weight gain, loss of sex drive etc) so im feelin a bit buggered really =/

im sure its called cerazette... basically its just a 28 day pill rather than 21, and u take it continuously so u dont have a period (just like u can with any other pill actually but like i said its a 28 day one)

i went on it because i used to get really really bad period pain and i couldnt stand having periods - will defo be going back on it once ive had baby - i hate periods soooooooooo much!!! x

even if you take the pill exactly as directed, with no missed pills or problems, it's not 100% effective.
It may be that a different form of contraception would be better for you.
The coild does not cause weight gain or change in sex drive and more effective than the pill.
The implant is very good as well. the coil and implent are 99.9% effective and both don't affect future fertility. Side effect is irrg ualr bleeding though.
Have agood chat with your gp or family planning centre

xxx

even if you take the pill exactly as directed, with no missed pills or problems, it's not 100% effective.
It may be that a different form of contraception would be better for you.
The coild does not cause weight gain or change in sex drive and more effective than the pill.
The implant is very good as well. the coil and implent are 99.9% effective and both don't affect future fertility. Side effect is irrg ualr bleeding though.
Have agood chat with your gp or family planning centre

xxx

Iv read quite a few reviews online that say the coil was a nightmare and caused a massive loss in sex drive? Plus isnt it meant to make periods heavier/more painful? Mine are already quite bad so that worries me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->