not sure what to expect

nycmommy

Mom of 2 Expecting #3
Reaction score
I posted this in TTC after a Loss as well but was also thinking of posting it here as well as a general question......

Hello ladies. About 2 weeks ago I lost my third pregnancy (I have two kids already) at 7 weeks. They never found a heart beat and a fetus, just a fetal pole at my 6 week check up and then I naturally miscarried at almost 8 weeks at home. I stopped bleeding 4 days ago and since it was natural miscarriage and no D&C the doc said medically there is no reason for us to wait until next cycle. THey checked my blood levels and the hcg was 500 on last week friday. I took a pregnancy test and its still positive, although not dark positive but like medium dark....I guess my question is how long until the negative test do you think? Also if I get pregnant this cycle what would be signs? I feel that the pregnancy test would be unreliable this time around since my hormones might now reach 0 if I am trying to get pregnant and most test only need about 15 hcg to detect pregnancy. What do you recommend I do? I have started drinking fertilitea to get my hormones in order but was just wondering if any of you ladies had any advice on getting my hormones down and how to detect pregnancy if they dont really go down? Also can I ovulate if the hormones did not go down yet? I would think not. Since I dont even know when I will ovulate (my normal cycle is any wehre from 31 to 35 days and I ovulate on CD17 - CD21) I am not quite sure what to expect. SOrry for the rant and I appreciate any responses.

I don't have any advice but wanted to say I am sorry about your mc :hugs: I hope you are able to get some answers

I have seen things with other ladies on bnb where they take hpts and O tests and more than once have seen O within a week or two of a mc with no AF in between

I don't have any advice but wanted to say I am sorry about your mc :hugs: I hope you are able to get some answers

I have seen things with other ladies on bnb where they take hpts and O tests and more than once have seen O within a week or two of a mc with no AF in between

Thanks for the response. I actually bought like 60 ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests (its a packet) and the ovulation are coming back positive but i read online that the ovulation tests also pick up the pregnancy hormone which turns them positive so since I dont have any EWMC i doubt I am ovulating. I have alot of EWMC right during ovulation.

Are you temping? That would probably be helpful for now since it is such a confusing time

Are you temping? That would probably be helpful for now since it is such a confusing time

I probably should but the last time I tried i would forget sometimes so it was unreliable =(

Sorry for your loss! I don't think you can ovulate until your levels come back to normal. But once it does come back, I think usually your cycle should go back to what it was fairy quickly. When I had my mc in October, my doctor had me get bloodwork weekly until they came back down which took about 4 or 5 weeks.

I had a missed miscarriage in Dec should have been 12 weeks but scan showed baby had died at 9 weeks. It took about 5/6 weeks for me to get a negative HPT. Hopefully it won't be as long for you x

Hiya, sorry for your loss :hugs: I had a MMC in November last year (found out at 12 week scan), took just over a week for bleeding to stop and a further 6 weeks to get a negative test. I believe it took me so long as I retained tissue which came out during my first AF afterwards. I got pregnant again first proper cycle after MMC.

You will not O while hcg is still in your system though. If you symptom spot ovulation then it might appear as though O is happening but more times than not you won't until after first AF. Your body needs time to readjust itself. I fully recommend temping as you can really track your body getting back to normal. I used to set an alarm for 7AM each day to do my temperature.

Got all this info when I was asking the same things a few months back... I hope it helps xx

Thank you for your responses. I took a pregnancy test today and it was still positive but very light. So the levels are going down. I was 500 hcg on friday down from 2000 a week before that so I am hoping in a week it will be zero fingers crossed. The doc told me that at 7 weeks my levels should be around 10000 and since it was 2000 it was already very low. Do you ovulate right when the levels hit 0? I read everywhere that women are super fertile right after the miscarriage and a lot get pregnant before the first AF and doctors recommend in natural miscarriage to wait only because it is easier to date so hoping thats the case for me. I really want to have a 2016 baby since my kids are 2012, 2014 and I think 2016 would be perfect and this is my last chance....fingers crossed.

Hi there,

I fell pregnant after MC with my daughter on the cycle straight after the MC.

Hope this info is of some use to you:

MC 13.03.12
+OPK and temp dip - CD34
:sex: - CD28, CD30 to CD34
:bfp: - CD42 - 8dpo

As you can see the cycle was pretty long but it worked and I firmly believe it was because I was preggers before. I was LTTC for 4 years xxx

Good Luck :dust:

Hi there,

I fell pregnant after MC with my daughter on the cycle straight after the MC.

Hope this info is of some use to you:

MC 13.03.12
+OPK and temp dip - CD34
:sex: - CD28, CD30 to CD34
:bfp: - CD42 - 8dpo

As you can see the cycle was pretty long but it worked and I firmly believe it was because I was preggers before. I was LTTC for 4 years xxx

Good Luck :dust:

Thanks! If you dont mind me asking, how long where you bleeding for? How long after you were done bleeding was the ovulation? I read women can bleed up to 6 weeks, my bleeding lasted 6 days and spotting for two. I dont know if that affects the ovulation in anyway.

I really can't remember how long I bled for I think it was around a week with both my mcs. I do remember using stack loads of opks as I was testing from around cd13!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->