Not sure where I fit in but heres my story....

Truffleax

TTC our 1st Baby :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I think I belong in this section but maybe TTC?!

Basically Feb 2009 me and my OH decided that we wouldn't mind having a little one around so started to NTNP then it took my cycles ages to sort themselves out after coming off the pill I finally fell pregnant in Jan 2009 after loads of confusion and negative tests I finally got my BFP however the next day I began to bleed and had a MC but I think I was extremely early on. During this time I used this forum all the time and loved it however I think I got a little obsessed with it and I really don't want to do that this time if I can.

Not long after this we decided to get married! so we put off NTNP / TTC for pretty much a year to plan our wedding and get married I also used this time to lose a lot of weight! I have lost 3 stone so far! and counting :) we got married on 13th May 2011 and had the most wonderful day! we then went on a cruise honeymoon where at the end I stopped taking my pill. I had my first AF on 14th June 2011 after coming off and it was the first proper period I have had in about a year! I was on Cerazette and never knew what would happen each month sometimes I had no AF sometimes I had a short one sometimes I just spotted on and off or just had a light AF for about 9 days! bit mental! lol so was over the moon when I had my first proper AF a couple of weeks ago!

Anyway now I am in 2 minds with what to do!? I don't think I am going to do the whole temperature / charting stuff however we are going to obviously try to BD around the time of ovulation which I usually guess or go by my CM to try to catch the right time lol so would this make me more NTNP!?

I'm a bit confused about where I belong lol!

Sorry so long winded just wanted some advice!

Also do you think I should wait until I have another AF before properly trying just to make sure my cycles are definately back on track?!

xxx

Hey! Congrats!! You know, I've been getting super obsessed with my cycle and charting and everything and then when i don't get :bfp: I am crushed. So I'm going to chill out and just relax like you are. I think this is the perfect place for you! I think it sounsd like you are NTNP to me.

I don't know...it wouldn't hurt to give yourself a little bit of time to get back on track.

Hi there. I have just come off cerazette and didn't have af for 5 years whilst on it. I stopped taking it 10 days ago and nothing yet, so just waiting.

I too am not sure where I belong too as I have stopped bcp but he said we will not bd until it's time to make babies. But the problem is, the time to make babies will be at least 6 months away as I have quite a few stones to lose before we try. So, I am kinda WTT and NTNP. You never know though he might decide to got for it when he gets frustrated!!!

So sorry for your loss and congratulations on your marriage. I hope it won't take too long for you to get your bfp.

Good luck hun x x

Hi there,

I am similar to you I guess. I stopped my pill a week ago and I dont know if it is in my head or not, but it feels like things are changing (I was on cerazette for quite some time before changing to Yasmin). I definitely have an increase in CM, something I never had, and I can feel cramping in my tummy, but I guess that is things just sorting themselves out.

I am excited about this journey, I know it might take a long time, or it might happen right away, but I am prepared for whatever may come. At the minute I havent yet had a true AF, so we are using protection until such times. However, after that I assume we will just BD when we feel like it. If after a while we arent PG, then maybe I will take more notice of when I OV and temps etc, but until then, it will be much more relaxed.

All the best and I hope things work out for you.

Hey Ladies,

Thank you for your replies! sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat then! I can't believe how much the pill can mess up your cycles! I'm really hoping since my last AF that this means my cycles are back on track! we shall see in a few weeks time! fingers crossed! the last time I was on Microgynon and that really messed me up so I'm hoping Cerazette will be much better and so far so good I did have a chat with my doc before going on Cerazette and explained that I wanted it out of my system quickly when I decided to come off it and explained about us wanting to try for a baby when I came off it and he seemed to think Cerazette was about the best option so there is hope ladies :) hopefully we'll all be back to normal to get BDing soon! hehe :)

Good luck to you all too! and loads of baby dust :dust:

xxxx

Hi Ladies,

Basically Feb 2009 me and my OH decided that we wouldn't mind having a little one around so started to NTNP then it took my cycles ages to sort themselves out after coming off the pill I finally fell pregnant in Jan 2009 after loads of confusion and negative tests I finally got my BFP however the next day I began to bleed and had a MC but I think I was extremely early on. During this time I used this forum all the time and loved it however I think I got a little obsessed with it and I really don't want to do that this time if I can.

Not long after this we decided to get married! so we put off NTNP / TTC for pretty much a year to plan our wedding and get married I also used this time to lose a lot of weight! I have lost 3 stone so far! and counting :) we got married on 13th May 2011 and had the most wonderful day! we then went on a cruise honeymoon where at the end I stopped taking my pill. I had my first AF on 14th June 2011 after coming off and it was the first proper period I have had in about a year! I was on Cerazette and never knew what would happen each month sometimes I had no AF sometimes I had a short one sometimes I just spotted on and off or just had a light AF for about 9 days! bit mental! lol so was over the moon when I had my first proper AF a couple of weeks ago!

Anyway now I am in 2 minds with what to do!? I don't think I am going to do the whole temperature / charting stuff however we are going to obviously try to BD around the time of ovulation which I usually guess or go by my CM to try to catch the right time lol so would this make me more NTNP!?

Also do you think I should wait until I have another AF before properly trying just to make sure my cycles are definately back on track?!

xxx

Congrats on getting hitched :flower:

You belong wherever you feel most comfortable hun :hugs: I'm most probably considered to be more TTC than NTNP, but i like the whole relaxed approach, rather than the craziness of TTC, So thats why i'm here in this section.

I'm sorry for you loss - I hope you get your :bfp: very soon!

:kiss:

Hi Ladies,

xxx

Congrats on getting hitched :flower:

You belong wherever you feel most comfortable hun :hugs: I'm most probably considered to be more TTC than NTNP, but i like the whole relaxed approach, rather than the craziness of TTC, So thats why i'm here in this section.

I'm sorry for you loss - I hope you get your :bfp: very soon!

:kiss:

Thank you Hun I think I am the same as you More TTC but in a relaxed approach! :) I think after my next AF will be the time where we will actively try to catch time of ovulation but I don't want to use all the sticks and temps etc!

xxx

leah i was about to say exactly the same..... lol...

you belong where you feel most comfortable...... i tend to hover in all the sections, have a poke about etc.....

congrats on the wedding xxx

I'm glad you posted about your situation. I've been reading these forums for about 3 months and just now worked up the courage to post myself.

I had my left ovary removed when I was 14 due to a cyst that was twisting around my ovary and the Fallopian Tube. I can still have kids supposedly. When my husband and I decided to NTNP I talked to my OB. He said he would give me 6 months on my own before we tried medication. That was almost a year ago. I didn't go back after the first six months because we weren't really in a good position to get pregnant so we just said we'd wait. Then I lost my job. Now I'm starting my dream job in a few weeks and I'm excited that I might be able to go to the doctor and seek some help.

I really like the laid back approach of NTNP. We figure it is God's decision when we're ready for children. My biggest issue is learning to relax. Every other month or so I trick myself into thinking I'm pregnant. I create pregnancy symptoms and then I'm disappointed when I get a BFN. My DH was really disappointed last time.

What advice does anyone have about TTC and what does it really feel like when you're pregnant? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->