Not sure where to put this... advice please!

pollydolly

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I could really do with some advice.
I came off my pill as the hormones are playing havoc with me. We decided to use pull out method (I know it's not reliable!) but obviously If I got pregnant we would be over the moon (we already have a 3.5 year old LB) after my last period which was July 21st - July 25th.
On Monday 31st I had unprotected sex with my partner, he didn't pull out in time (soooo sorry for tmi), he then got super worried and asked me to get the Morning after pill, so I did, within 3 hours I had Levonelle.
Since then I've had horrendous backache which is rare for me, nausea, gas, lower abdomen pains all week.
Then today I've had EWCM with streaks of blood in it. Is this ovulation cm? I know I must sound really dumb, I'm rambling on because my anxiety is sky high at the moment! I thought the MAP delayed/stopped ovulation for the month, whereas to my calculations I should be ovulating today, which is hand in hand with the EWCM?!
Does this mean the map didn't work and I could be pregnant? God I'm so sorry for rambling I'm a hot mess this week.

Thank you so much to anyone who replies x

Hey,

Sorry I don't have much advice but I didn't want to read and run.

I have took MAP but way back years ago and so cannot remember having any side effects from it.

It seems though that you and hubby are on different pages about wanting more kids since he suggested getting MAP yet you stated above that you would be happy with another. It might be a good idea to figure out where you both stand so you can avoid increasing your anxiety around situations like this in future iykwim? I hope I'm making sense :dohh:

Big hugs, hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Yes you can definitely still get pregnant even if you took the MAP because it does not prevent ovulation but instead it is supposed to help prevent the sperm from penetrating the egg in case ovulation happens. If it does prevent a pregnancy you still might have a weird cycle after taking it because it has levonorgestrel in it, which is used in lower doses in many birth control pills, so in short it is basically a mini pill but only one dose. Anyway I wish you good luck:flower:

MAP delays ovulation, but it doesn't likely prevent it. So I suspect you took it the 31st/1st/2nd, sometimes around there. You posted on the 4th, so yes, possible you are ovulating now as it's mostly meant to prevent it happening when you are taking it to decrease your chances of getting pregnant from ovulation within a day or two of unprotected sex. So yes, still possible to ovulate a few days later. Also, it doesn't work as well if you are overweight, so if you are overweight, it could be even less effective. I've taken it twice (many, many years ago, probably 18 and 9 years ago now, so I suspect the formulation was a bit different) and I did have horrible side effects. Not back ache, but definitely nausea, headaches, irritable, just miserable feeling. So it's possible what you felt were side effects from it.

Hey,

Sorry I don't have much advice but I didn't want to read and run.

I have took MAP but way back years ago and so cannot remember having any side effects from it.

It seems though that you and hubby are on different pages about wanting more kids since he suggested getting MAP yet you stated above that you would be happy with another. It might be a good idea to figure out where you both stand so you can avoid increasing your anxiety around situations like this in future iykwim? I hope I'm making sense :dohh:

Big hugs, hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Same

Thanks ladies.

Haven't been on since I posted, really appreciate all your advice 💕

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh