Not sure whether to go to hospital or not

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
This afternoon I had brown spotting and called my midwife who said it could be implantation spotting and not to worry. Then I got pretty bad cramps and it has turned red. The midwife office is now closed and I dont know what to do. Should I go to emergency?

I'm not sure Hun can you phone out of hours drs? Xx

Like PP said I would try calling the on-call number, I know my midwives have a calling service that you can call and they'll contact whoever is on call for you.

Hugs mama, I hope everything is ok :(

Thanks, I just paged the midwifes, didn't know the number but they had it on their answering machine. Guess I just wait now.

Good luck Hun. I have fingers crossed. I have been debating phoning Drs myself tonight as I have really bad cramps. A week ago when I had them they tested but I didn't have a UTI but I did have blood in my urine and he said if I bleed or get cramps that last more than a minute or 2 then to contact them again. But it is 10pm and I have work tomorrow and am shattered and don't want to waste people's time. I haven't bled but these cramps are stopping me from sleeping.

How bad are the cramps Hun? U are doing the right thing phoning cos of the bleeding. I have everything crossed for you xx

Oh hun get yourself to the early pregnancy unit, hope all is ok xxx

LadyV! Nice to see you here, was wondering how things were for you after your post from Portugal.

The midwife called back and will send a requisition to the hospital for a scan hopefully for tomorrow. My biggest fear is ectopic. Second biggest is miscarriage. It's weird I have not let myself get attached to this pregnancy since I first spotted and was worried about chemical. I've just detached. I can't imagine how people who have gone through several miscarriages must feel.

What is early pregnancy unit? I'm from Canada so don't have that here, but sounds like something that would be useful for us first trimester worriers.

LadyV! Nice to see you here, was wondering how things were for you after your post from Portugal.

The midwife called back and will send a requisition to the hospital for a scan hopefully for tomorrow. My biggest fear is ectopic. Second biggest is miscarriage. It's weird I have not let myself get attached to this pregnancy since I first spotted and was worried about chemical. I've just detached. I can't imagine how people who have gone through several miscarriages must feel.

What is early pregnancy unit? I'm from Canada so don't have that here, but sounds like something that would be useful for us first trimester worriers.

Thanks hun, yes got back yesterday took a digi and got pregnant 2-3 plus did a clearblue today and got very strong positive. Hopefully it just took it's time for my levels to rise!

An early pregnacy unit is usually at your local hospital- I'm in the uk not sure if they have them elsewhere.

Hope you are ok, many women do have spotting and bleeding throughout their pregnancies xx try not to worry xx

Hugs to you, laughingduck :hugs: I know how painful losses are. Two for me was too many. I've also heard of ladies having a subchorionic hematoma that caused bleeding during early pregnancy, sometimes with red blood and clots. I've never had one myself but hopefully that is what is causing the bleeding. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way! Keep us updated!

Thanks. I had a scan today but the tech said she couldnt say anything and I hve to wait until Monday to get the micarriage confirmed. Honestly Im doing alright. I had spotting at 4 weeks and that was hard but the past week I have been feeling like something is not right and I have been expecting this. OH said he hasn't been getting a vibe from this one like with our DD either. With my threatened mc with my DD I was an emotionaly wreck (it was at 13 weeks) but now I'm just thankful it happened early enough on that I can do things naturally and get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->