not sure whether to knock jacks last bottle on the head

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
but he sleeps all night & don,t want to ruin this , i usually give him his last bottle about 10.30pm but last night he only had 1 ounce , then 2 nights before this he had 3 ounces , but like i said i don,t want to ruin his sleeping through the night , but if i got rid of the last bottle then he would only be having 4 bottles instead of 5 unless i fed him every 3 hrs . xx

I got confused by the title of your thread. Thought you were wondering whether to knock the bottle on Jack's head. LOL

Honestly, he's 3 months old and I wouldn't quit the last bottle. Even if he drinks 1-2 ounces, he does need it.

but he sleeps all night & don,t want to ruin this , i usually give him his last bottle about 10.30pm but last night he only had 1 ounce , then 2 nights before this he had 3 ounces , but like i said i don,t want to ruin his sleeping through the night , but if i got rid of the last bottle then he would only be having 4 bottles instead of 5 unless i fed him every 3 hrs . xx

Oh I am in the same boat!!! Gabbi is not at her best between her 4th and 5th feed, 6.15 - 10pm, oh she cries, moans, not happy, but then she falls asleep an hour before I have to wake her for her last feed! She eats all her food, approx 6 1/2 oz, and sleeps through till morning, but if I stop her last feed , she may start waking hungry. I enjoy a full nights sleep :) So like you, I may have to try and get her to have her feeds with less time in between so it brings her last feed forward!

If you'd like, we can compare notes, see what we can come up with :)

he will refuse it when he doesnt need it anymore, Chloe used to have a 10:30 bottle- til she was about 5ish months, and we stopped that as she starte to fall asleep earlier and wouldnt wake for it, she now has her last bottle at 8pm but thats her own doing.#

just follow Jacks needs, he knows what he needs

Jasmine has like 7 bottles a day bettween the hours of 6:30-8pm... 1oz isn't much, if he keeps it up maybe try stopping that feed or making the day feeds smaller and add one in.

Oh I am in the same boat!!! Gabbi is not at her best between her 4th and 5th feed, 6.15 - 10pm, oh she cries, moans, not happy, but then she falls asleep an hour before I have to wake her for her last feed! She eats all her food, approx 6 1/2 oz, and sleeps through till morning, but if I stop her last feed , she may start waking hungry. I enjoy a full nights sleep :) So like you, I may have to try and get her to have her feeds with less time in between so it brings her last feed forward!

If you'd like, we can compare notes, see what we can come up with :)

yeah we could compare notes ,but just wanted to say jack is in a routine has his bottles same time every day 1st @ 8am 2nd @12.30 3rd 4.30pm 4th 7.30 5th @10.30pm , so as you can see his last 2 are less time in between feeds as it is don,t think he would drink it earlier & he usually falls to sleep around about 9pm usually have to wake him for his feed
& yes i do love my sleep , jack has slept through since he was 6 weeks & im to used to my sleep now :p
. x

I got confused by the title of your thread. Thought you were wondering whether to knock the bottle on Jack's head. LOL

Honestly, he's 3 months old and I wouldn't quit the last bottle. Even if he drinks 1-2 ounces, he does need it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah we could compare notes ,but just wanted to say jack is in a routine has his bottles same time every day 1st @ 8am 2nd @12.30 3rd 4.30pm 4th 7.30 5th @10.30pm , so as you can see his last 2 are less time in between feeds as it is don,t think he would drink it earlier & he usually falls to sleep around about 9pm usually have to wake him for his feed
& yes i do love my sleep , jack has slept through since he was 6 weeks & im to used to my sleep now :p
. x

Gabbi is 1st @ 7am, 2nd @ 10.45am, 3rd @ 2.30/45pm, 4th @ 6.00/6.15pm, 5th @ 10/10.15pm. It really suits her, she sleeps great at night. I have to go now as she is falling asleep now and it's only 5.50pm, bath time then food time, we are a bit behind today so her 6pm feed will be 6.45pm.

New routine as from tomorrow, fingers crossed

oooo i did this last night as it happens lol
i fed archie at 8 and wud usually dream feed him at 11 but he was soundo stil at 11.30 and i knew he wud wake up if i fed him lol so i tryed an he slept straight thu till mornin like he usually does and wen asleep at 9 im jus going to start squeezing in another bottle in the day x

. x

Gabbi is 1st @ 7am, 2nd @ 10.45am, 3rd @ 2.30/45pm, 4th @ 6.00/6.15pm, 5th @ 10/10.15pm. It really suits her, she sleeps great at night. I have to go now as she is falling asleep now and it's only 5.50pm, bath time then food time, we are a bit behind today so her 6pm feed will be 6.45pm.

New routine as from tomorrow, fingers crossed

whats the new routine your doing ? & let me know if it works . xx

oooo i did this last night as it happens lol
i fed archie at 8 and wud usually dream feed him at 11 but he was soundo stil at 11.30 and i knew he wud wake up if i fed him lol so i tryed an he slept straight thu till mornin like he usually does and wen asleep at 9 im jus going to start squeezing in another bottle in the day x
this sounds promising that it worked for your little one might give it a go soon . xx

I have started the new routine, although no change yet!

She fell asleep at 8.10 last night after almost an hour of crying :( Woke her at 10 for her feed, she was in giggly mode, ate and slept, she woke at 6 but I didn't get her up till 6.45 ready for her first feed.

Fed her at 7 am as usual. Now going to feed her every 3 1/2 hours, so her last feed is at 9 instead of 10, ok an hour but sometimes she's still crying at 8.45/9 so we will see. I don't want to cut out any food as she sleeps well off what she has and drinks all.

I am also upping her first 2 feeds, gradually, and reducing her last feed so she's not taking more but should still be nicely full up for the night.

I am trying this after reading other mothers experiments and routines and this is a nice compromise without changing too much. She has been very whingey this morning, BUT nothing's changed yet, could be an interesting day!

Update already.

Feeding her every 3 1/2 hours is too soon, instead of 210 ml which she normally takes, plus 1 tsp of baby rice, she's only took 160 ml!

Gonna have to re think this now

i hope this work , hv told me to feed jack every 3 hrs but i don,t think he would take a bottle that often the last 2 are every 3 hrs but he hasn,t been very good with his last bottle he only drunk 3 ounces again last night , hv told me to give 1st at 8am , 2nd @ 11am 3rd@2pm 4th @5pm then 5th @8pm (which would be the last bottle but i think it would be to much , i haven,t started spoon feeding jack not sure when to start yet . xx

why dont u start giving him a little baby rice with his last feed and his second feed of the day thats what i do...and then that way stik to ur normal feeding routine and if he doesnt have all his last bottle it shouldnt matter to much as the rice is topping him up and is one third of their daily nutirients etc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->