Not the news I was hoping for...

besty

Mummy to 2 girls & preg
Reaction score
Hi all

My OH has a chronic illness caused by a pituitary tumor. He had it removed 3years ago but his pituitary gland is damaged and he has to take hormone replacements everyday.
Anyway we went to the hospital today to get his results from some tests carried out to check his hormone levels and to check he's on the right dose of medicine. All his results are the best they have been since he started his hormone replacement tablets! We told the Dr we are ready to start TTC in July which means my OHs medication will have to be changed. The Dr advised us to not start his new medicine till after our honeymoon because the wedding can be stressful and also changing medication can cause stress on the body and can make him very ill so this means not changing his medication till August and it can take anything from between 6months to 2years to work so means we can't start trying till January 2012! Im kinder feeling upset as had my heart set on trying after the wedding! But im also feeling happy that my OHs hormone levels are sorted out

Sorry for long post just needed to get it off my chest

Good news about the hormone levels but sorry to hear that means a longer wait than you anticipated. I am sure it will be worth the wait no matter how long you have to wait but i hope that the medication works sooner than later for him. Best of luck x

I can imagine how that'd be a mixed bag - happy because his levels are sorted but gutted for the delay! I am pleased for you that his health issues are being sorted. Take it easy, the time will soon fly x

aww :hugs: good news on the hormones but so sorry u have to wait longer than u hoped :(

:hugs: sorry to hear about the extended wait time. :(
I am glad to hear that the hormone levels look better than ever, that is definetly a positive!

Thanks for the replies there most appreciated:flower:

OH and I have sat down and had a talk tonight about things and have decided to ntnp and see if nature takes its course. We don't know for sure that his :spermy: don't work so there might still be a chance I could conceive. He is going to have a :spermy: test done in a few months so in the mean time im happy with ntnp!

Hugs hun

NTNP sounds like a fantastic idea for the interim period :) keeping my fingers crossed for you!

xxxx

That sounds like a great idea! Perhaps it's meant to happen sooner.
Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->