Not trying, no protection, withdrawal? Sorry if tmi

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Just wondering, has anyone been not trying, not using protection, perhaps just the withdrawal method and had a BFP?

So I'm guessing its a pretty good protection method then :( hmph

We have been pulling out for 3-3 1/2 years as our sole method of birth control with no pregnancies.

I personally would consider withdrawal a type of protection. When done correctly, it's about as effective as condoms.

I went off BC last december and became pregnant in Feb with the withdrawal method. I ended up miscarrying though :(

I just stopped the pill a month ago, and we use withdrawal. Hoping for an "oops" though :X

This is my situation NTNP not TTC And no protection and kinda pulling out...i am just ending AF tomorrow...

We've been using the pull out method for 8 years and no pregnancies. If DH holds to his word, we'll be NTNP and not pulling out towards the end of Oct. :)

withdrawal for us has been extremely effective in preventing pregnancy.

now, if your man forces himself to not orgasm (sorry tmi) and then keeps on going, there's a chance that some semen had a chance to escape during his "i'm not gonna i'm not gonna" minute.

Hi girls

I know people who have conceived this way! And had h&h babies now xx

Hahaha I'm doing the same thing, hoping for an oops!!

I'm popping over, hope you don't mind :)

OH & I used the pull out for awhile, and I never fell pregnant. It is definitely possible - guys don't pull out soon enough, etc. but if done correctly, it's pretty effective.

I've been off the pill for 4 years now, using nothing but pulling out and have had absolutely nothing! Not even a 'scare'. I think if the guy makes sure he pulls out in plenty of time, it's pretty effective. It's only when they push it that thinks happen...

My fiance and I were pulling out and I had this weird bleed that I thought was implantation, so he started going inside me afterwards, thinking I was pregnant. But I didn't get a positive til I was 2 weeks late so I really don't know if I got pregnant on withdrawal or him going inside me. His mom got pregnant with him on the pull out method lol so it's possible!

I think I read somewhere that a study was done (though there are so many variables) and about 4/100 will get pregnant every year from pull out. It usually only happens if the guy doesn't pull out in time or multiple Os without going to the bathroom. Like DTD, go to bed, DTD first thing the next morning. Pre does not have sperm, but if he doesn't urinate then sperm could still be hanging out in the tunnel and get pushed out into you. So if you're hoping for an oops BD before bed, don't let him go potty, and wake him up the way most guys wish they could be woken up. Avoid using your mouth since saliva kills sperm. Sorry if tmi

I know I'm late to this thread but thought I'd add my opinion to the mix. Personally, I think it depends on the couple. My husband and I have been using this method without any "ooops'" for over 8 years! Yet when I was ready to get pregnant it only took us three months so thank goodness there was nothing wrong with me (!)...it's just a good method for us.

I have heard of other people getting pregnant this way so I'd say if it's not happening you may want to take other measures to get pregnant :flower:

Hi there im not protected or trying so somewhere in the middle. OH knows im not using contraception but doesnt do anything to prevent pregnancy and says nothing to encourage us to prevent. Im hoping for my oops this month.

Hope you get yours soon x

I want to share my current experience and story, for myself to look back onto (and learn!) or for others in the same predicament or joy...however one wants to look at it.

August 5th '13 completely normal period, Septmeber 16 was only 2 days of light light spotting pink blood, not red. Have only had bfn's (including yesterday). Ovulated based on assuming 9-16 was a period, had pains for ovulation and the most horney i've ever been in my life!!! We dtd four days in a row 10-1, 9-30,9-29, 9-28 using withdrawal method.

Cramping began 10-4, 10-5, 10-6 I have the full feeling below stomach @ pubic bone & it's super hard at public bone level...

I've never been pregnant on this method, i know it's possible, but I can't believe I did it on ovulation! We would welcome the joy & be just fine with it, just wanting to know the outcome. Who else?

Oh wow.. Keep us posted!! I'm curious to know if it worked!! I've only ever gotten pregnant when trying to get pregnant but it didn't take much!! I want another baby before my youngest turns one! (She'll be 5 months on the 11th) right now we're just kind of DTD when we feel like it and pulling out but would totally happy with an oopsie baby! Since I'm still breast feeding my youngest, I've noticed I have a very short luteal phase but hoping with a few more cycles that will regulate and if it doesn't happen on it's own that we'll be good to go when we decide to actually try!! Cramping was a very good sign of pregnancy for me!!

thanks for the reply, i feel so alone in this...i feel stupid on one hand for even thinking i'm pregnant, but i really don't understand what my body is doing!!!

and my cycle was so weird last month i have no idea when to expect my next period, obviously it's not coming on the 5th so im guessing 30 days from last (so around the 16th)..just crazy...

Anyway, uterus pubic area still tight and hard. did you ever notice this when pregnant?

all i know is if period is coming around the 16th then i shouldn't have cramped this weekend, and that would've been 3-4 days past ovulation :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->