Not Trying/Not Preventing - BFP!

orangesoda

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Danielle, and I'm posting today feeling very cautiously excited. My fiancé and I have been together for two years, and we both want children. I've been off the pill for a year now, and for "birth control" we were just casually keeping an eye on my cycles. We were both okay with the idea of me getting pregnant.

A couple months ago I had a very faint positive FRER at 10 dpo, I was having horrible evening nausea by 6-10 dpo, but the test came out negative at 12 dpo and AF arrived the next day.

Yesterday, I tested at 10 dpo because we threw all caution to the wind this month. The positive line was WAY more obvious than it was a couple months ago. I tested again this morning (11 dpo) and the test line was darker still.

https://i44.tinypic.com/205tr92.png

I would love for this to really happen, but I can't help but feel like it won't. I want to get excited and jump up and down and plan names and start a Pinterest board and shop for gender-neutral baby clothes and generally go crazy, but I can't. Not yet. In fact, I'm not sure when I'll make that transition from cautiously excited to unreservedly excited.

When did that happen for you? Any advice? I look forward to exploring these forums and getting to know everyone. :headspin:

I should add, this time I have been feeling nauseated most mornings. Other than that I've had no symptoms. I've actually had a bit of a head cold (sore throat, slight fever, headache) and of course that has added more worry to the viability of the little guy.

Great lines :) congratulations Hun on your nice Christmas bfp!! X x

hey hon the head cold or flu are actually pregnancy symptoms as much a morning sickness is, so don't worry about it! i hope your gut or whatever keeps you from being excited is wrong and that this is your super sticky healthy bean!!

i wish you happy & healthy 9 months!!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Thanks everyone! And I appreciate the info re: colds/flu-like symptoms as a pregnancy sign. That makes me feel a bit better.

I took another FRER this morning:

https://i40.tinypic.com/n6nfr.png

All of these are with FMU, by the way. At first I was crestfallen because today's seemed visibly lighter, but then I looked more closely. It seems like the test line is darker at the top (maybe even darker than yesterday) and lighter at the bottom. What do you guys think?

I know AF isn't even due yet so this is all craziness. But every testing morning seems so far away!

Well, I've been researching whether it's necessary for the line to darken in a predictable manner every day. It seems that it is not - tests can vary in dye amount even in the same package, hydration levels vary so much, etc. Thinking about it, it seems likely that I was much less hydrated yesterday morning than this morning.

An article I read this morning is also encouraging to me, entitled "New study establishes when pregnancy starts" by David Williamson. I can't post links yet, but a quick Google search will pull it up.

Though the sample size is not enormous, it seems to indicate that the earlier you implant, the better chance you have of a successful pregnancy. 8-9 dpo produced a 13% chance of early miscarriage, rapidly rising with each additional day (up to 80%+ for 12 dpo implantation). Considering how obvious my 10 dpo test line was, it's safe to say I implanted at least as early as day 9 - possibly day 8. I'll take 13% over the 50%+ chance I was expecting.

I've decided that if AF hasn't shown up for another week, that's when I'll allow myself to call the doc and go baby crazy. :)

https://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l634/hakunamatata2012/Snapbucket/bnb/bfp_zps9feec02c.gif

Here's today. I removed the 12 dpo strip because the line was wonky. Day 11 was the day I was most concerned about comparing, since it was the darkest yet by far. Also felt just a bit crampy this morning, but it went away after a few minutes.

https://i43.tinypic.com/dgkw15.png

What do you think? Does 13 dpo look any darker than 11? I think maybe it does...

AF due today or tomorrow. :trouble:

Yes it does!! Those tests all look great! x

Yes it does!! Those tests all look great! x

Woohoo, thanks! Looking at them in person it seems more obvious that it's darker today, so it's nice that it shows through in the picture as well.

I wanna see that line get darker than the control, haha.

don't stress too much if you don't get much darker than this!! these are just hpts and oversaturate easily - meaning you can't get much darker than what you already achieved. also, it uses urine as a sample which means the color will vary based on how much you drink and how many hours are there between your last toilet use and the test time. the line progression is sure a good sign but when it reaches the maximum (and you are there actually) it's not reliable anymore, so don't stress if it doesn't get any darker than this!!! that's what bloods are for!

Your lines are perfect, sit back and relax now in the knowledge your pregnant and this time it's a keeper. I know how hard it is (been there) but relax it's happened :))xxx
Happy&healthy 9months.x

Congratulations hun! wishing you a H&H 9 months :) They are most definitely beautiful lines indeed. Try not to worry about the darkness of them, as others have already said they can vary so so much. I know it'll be hard to stop testing but try leave it for a week or so and test again then :p They're definitely not going to get much darker than that! Relax and enjoy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->