Not waiting anymore

Pixie81

Mummy to Oliver & Amelia
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a bit new to all this, so hopefully i've put this in the right place.

My DH and I got married just over a month ago. It was our original plan to try for a baby on our wedding night/honeymoon. I already have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship.

Thing is, when it came down to it, I changed my mind about trying that soon. We live in a 3 bedroom house, but one of the bedrooms is used as a playroom for my business as i'm a childminder. We thought about having an extension but turned out we'd need planning permission as it's a new house. Then last week we got a quote for a conservatory which the intention of turning it into a playroom, giving my son his big room back and turning the box room that he's in now into a baby's room. But that would take months. We're still waiting for a quote and have a feeling it will be very expensive.

Also DH has just been made redundant. He was a senior retail manager and has now decided to step down to a team leader's position - almost cutting his wages in half. He is also registering to become a childminder with me and work as a husband/wife team. We estimate he will be registered around december time.

So you see, the odds were against us on the money side of things. I make quite good money at childminding, but if we have a baby it will affect the number of children I am allowed to look after...All the time DH has been whinging that he wanted a baby now regardless saying we'll manage. Thing is, I don't WANT to "manage". I had my son very young (18) and I always had to put up with second hand clothes and toys from car boot sales. I always said if I ever had a baby, we would be comfortable so that we can give the baby everything new.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my friend was over yesterday who is getting married next year and she was saying how there's never a right time to get married or have a baby... there's always going to be something in the way.... this got me thinking and I decided that I should give hubby what he truely wants. So we started trying for a baby last night!

We will manage with the room that we have and hopefully we'll have enough money for all the things we need to buy new.

Hopefully I will fall pregnant quickly as I did the first time around. I can't wait to be pregnant again and have someone to love me and pamper me, no matter how fat I get! I was on my own last time, so that's what i'm looking forward to the most.

i agree with you...there is never a right time to try for a baby...you jst have to do whats right for you! good luck and let us know how you get on! x

Good for you hunny, hope you catch very quick!
:hugs:

Good luck hun! I agree there is never a right time to TTC, if you waited for that you may wait forever. Nothing is ever perfect. Lots of :dust: your way!

I also agree there is never a right time but there can be a better time.

As long as its truly what you want hon then go for it!

Good luck!!! x x

Good luck! It sounds like your baby IS going to have everything: and older brother and parents who love each other. Wishing you a speedy :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->