• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

not weighing any more

marley2580

Reaction score
Well I've had enough of my health visitor. Apparently Kaya has lost weight again over the last two weeks and has gone down from 10lb to 9lb11oz, so the HV has booked us in to see the GP on Monday morning. Fair enough, but she doesn't think that there's anything wrong with Kaya and made it clear that she was doing it to cover her own back. I really feel that she's trying to undermine my breast feeding as she keeps going on about how we don't know how much milk Kaya is getting and then stating that she really does support BF. Kaya is bright and alert, not sleeping too much but not awake too long, she's growing - we're going to have to cut all the feet out of her sleepsuits! In fact there's nothing wrong with her. This HV has also not done my PND check, didn't give the third dose of oral vit K, wrote in Kaya's red book that she'd discussed certain things with me when she hadn't and didn't pick up on me having problems with BF which turned out to be thrush.

To top it all, she told me to go for a smear at 6 weeks so I went today only to be told that I was there 6 weeks early and that they don't recommend you have a smear until 12 weeks after giving birth as the results can be unreliable.

So I've decided that I don't need to know what Kaya weighs so long as she's a healthy baby, and, assuming that the GP doesn't find anything wrong with her on monday, we are not going back to the baby clinic. If the HV wants to come and visit, she will have to fit around my work and won't be allowed to weigh Kaya. I can't be doing with any of it.

Ok, rant over lol :muaha:

Eek but I see why you would think the way you do - Whats best for you is the right thing. I think we'd be the same! My HV said if she didn't gain weight we would be booked in to see a GP but thats only because she doesn't see any obvious reason so tehrefore a GP is better to be referred to! She didn't make me uncomfy saying that though so it may be her tone with you.

Good luck :D

I stopped getting Sere weighed as she wasn't gaining but she was alert, growing and gaining all her milestones. Luckilymy HV was supportive, and great around my PND but you eed someone you feelcomfortable with.Is there not another HV you can be referred to?

you don't need to stick to much to this weight chart!

as long as you have the feeling all is ok, I am sure it's alright !

tbh, I also could smoke all those HV in the pipe. we went to the baby clinic and showed Juleika's tongue to the HV there and she didn't think it's trush. one week later after the state of Juleika's tongue didn't improve at all although we gave her water after every feed, we went to see the GP who diagnosed trush straight away and as it was untreated for so long then, my nipples are sore now on top what spoils the whole breastfeeding :cry:

I am really annoyed 'bout the kind of postnatal care I got, as well as they are praying 'bout breastfeeding everywhere! "breast is best!" they really should give more support with breastfeeding. as well I didn't know at all you can have trush inside the mouth and on your breast!!! :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

ps: I planned to got to the baby clinic once a month to check Juleika's weight as I do not see it's necessary every week or so. as well I can see she puts on weight!

pps: possibly the scale was incorrectly calibrated again!

I was thinking to get a baby scale anyway, so I do not have to go to the baby clinic anymore every time I want to know her weight!

I know it is true of every profession, but there truely are some crap HVs out there, that need some serious re-training if you ask me, and all need to be singing from the same hymn sheet! x

We went to the doctors today and he had been told by the HV that the reason for the appointment was that I was worried about Kaya! I had specifically said to her on friday that I was NOT worried about her. Anyway the doctor said that as long as I was happy with Kaya's health then he was happy. He never examined her or even checked her weight! So that's the end of it, no more health visitors unless I think there might be something wrong - and even then it would probably be the doctor that I would go to.

Oh, and I read what she had put on Kaya's notes. She said that the reason the OH was angry was because he believed that she had weighed Kaya wrong - no mention of any of the other issues that had been spoken about.

my HV is so bad, we stopped going when rhys was 8 months, this was after she accused me of starving rhys and being a bad mother.

my HV is so bad, we stopped going when rhys was 8 months, this was after she accused me of starving rhys and being a bad mother.

seems like we are not the only ones who made bad experience with their HV!
how could she say something like this :dohh:

i really really could not stand her, just because i was a 'teenage mum' she automatically asumed.. total bullshit

I have my health visitor tomoro. Im not going to say too much to her like until Ive completely made my mind up as I havent heard a good word about the health visitors around here. I quite frankly cant be arsed with her coming either... Im that dis-interested i couldnt even remember her name 20 seconds after ending the call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->