November 2013 Babies!

Thanks for the support ladies. The headache is going away. They sent me home. My back is on fire though. They said partly due to the epidural and partly fibromyalgia and partly pulling muscles when pushing. So no blood patch for me! Swelling is going down,but my feet are randomly swollen.

Baby William is jaundiced but not dangerously so. It is making him extra sleepy though which is causing feeding issues. We are having to supplement a bit of formula mixed with colostrum so that he is getting fluids. He's a bit dehydrated because of the feeding issues too.hopefully everything gets resolved soon.
Nariah- no, I'm not skilled enough to make what. It was a present from the hospital.

I'm about to fall asleep and can't keep my eyes open. I'll comeback to post more at some point.

Good luck with the feeding issues, my LO had and still sort of has trouble with his latch so I understand. And that's funny about the hat. :haha:
I'm not skilled enough to make anything cute like that either, although sometimes I wish I was.

Get some rest, the good thing about mixing in some formula is that it does make them feel fuller so they eat less often, that should help you catch up on some sleep. Hopefully.

:hugs:

How are you and lo doing, Nariah.
I haven't been on bnb much ever since lo was born. Hope everything is fine with you and lo.

HI All!

I know most of you probably don't come on here much anymore, but I will post anyways, just in case you guys do!

Me and Samuel are doing great. Its a learning curve, trying to figure out how to take care of him and still get things done in the day. He never wants to be alone. lol Hes even started sleeping with us at night because he refuses to sleep on his own now. But he is so worth it! I have to make an app. to see someone about his lip tie, we didn't find out about it until like two weeks ago, turns out that could be the source of all our BF troubles.

Anywho he turns two months on Monday, can't wait. Too bad he has to go to the doctor on his birthday for his shots. :nope:

how are all of you? Hope your all doing well.
:hugs:

Glad things are going well for you :) do you have a parenting journal? Feel free to pop in on mine and read my daily ramblings :haha:

Hi Nariah, I come here sometimes. Not too often anymore. Just too much to do at home now. Alex has been sick with the flu the last few days and that has been real hectic.

I hope that you can get to the bottom of the tongue tie issue and that it can be resolved. I am glad to hear from you. I was wondering what was up with you and baby. I completely understand your baby not wanting to be alone and it driving you bonkers because you need things to get done. Alex doesn't want to be alone either. We have found that he will let you set him in his swing if you attach different toys to the mobile while he is in there. If they have patterns, he'll watch them intently and let us do chores for a bit. He talks so much now! He will be 2 months on Wednesday. I have to wait to get his shots until he is fully healed from the flu though. So probably next week.
Hope things continue going well for you. I agree that it is all worth it to have our babies here.

I'll try to get online more if you are still around.

Hi Nariah. Glad to hear everything is okay. I hope his tie has gotten better. It sure is a learning curve with babies, no matter how many you have. They always challenge us and keep us busy. Being a mom is challenging and rewarding at the same time. Hope all is well your way. How is your lo bf now?

As for mine, he's gained a bunch of weight. He's gone through 2-3 growth spurts. Lately, he's sleeping a whole lot better than the first month. He's still very gassy but nothing like the beginning. I think his digestive system is getting used to external bacteria. All in all, he's doing pretty well.

hi ladies!! :hi:
you can't know how excited I am that a few of you still get on here once in a while. makes me feel less alone since I don't get out much now that the LO is here. still haven't gotten in for his lip tie yet we've been super busy. he had his first shots, daddy had to hold him because once he started crying I became a wreck. it was horrible more for me then him though, he stopped crying as soon as he was done and I scooped him up as soon as I could. lol I'm a whimp.

but hes growing well and is very healthy. I'm mostly healed up, dh did a happy dance cause I gave him the green light for us to try dtd again. lol men are so simple.

I hope your boy feels better soon whit, that can't be any fun. :hugs:

luna, I don't have a journal but perhaps I should start one!

Hi Nariah. Glad to hear everything is okay. I hope his tie has gotten better. It sure is a learning curve with babies, no matter how many you have. They always challenge us and keep us busy. Being a mom is challenging and rewarding at the same time. Hope all is well your way. How is your lo bf now?

As for mine, he's gained a bunch of weight. He's gone through 2-3 growth spurts. Lately, he's sleeping a whole lot better than the first month. He's still very gassy but nothing like the beginning. I think his digestive system is getting used to external bacteria. All in all, he's doing pretty well.

just out of curiosity what's it like having two so close together? dh wants another one already and I am on the fence about how close together I want these kids.

he is bf better but it still hurts cause of his tie, I really need to make an app. for him.:dohh:

Hey you guys, I hope all is well. I know we are all busy with our new additions. I just wanted to check in to see how everybody was doing. Time is flying, my babies are almost 6 months. My daughter is still a tiny 10lbs but she is growing up the curve like she should. My son is 13lbs. Some of your babies are probably bigger, mine just have some catching up to do since they were born so small. They are very active though. The Doc said that my son is more advanced than some babies that were born full term. Pretty soon, both of my babies will be crawling and walking, I'm so not ready for that. I need to child proof my home like asap :) I know some you connect through facebook, but I don't have one. I do have an instagram, so if you guys are on there, you can follow me (themartintwins). Take care!

Hey you guys, I hope all is well. I know we are all busy with our new additions. I just wanted to check in to see how everybody was doing. Time is flying, my babies are almost 6 months. My daughter is still a tiny 10lbs but she is growing up the curve like she should. My son is 13lbs. Some of your babies are probably bigger, mine just have some catching up to do since they were born so small. They are very active though. The Doc said that my son is more advanced than some babies that were born full term. Pretty soon, both of my babies will be crawling and walking, I'm so not ready for that. I need to child proof my home like asap :) I know some you connect through facebook, but I don't have one. I do have an instagram, so if you guys are on there, you can follow me (themartintwins). Take care!

Oh my my my...how it's been so very long!

Mama and Nariah - I'm happy to hear from you ladies. Sorry it's been forever to answer back. I rarely come on bnb anymore, what with my 2 kiddos keeping me up and active. Nariah, glad to hear things are better. And mama, can't believe how far your twins have come. I'll follow you on instagram, mamaluv.

Nariah - forgot to answer you. Life with 2under 2 isn't toooooo bad. I put it down to the fact that my in laws hell out and sometimes take my dd during the days that my OH works. Even when she is home with me, my dd is pretty easy. As long as she gets to play outside then nap after, she's a good girl, very well behaved. My ds, the baby, is an easy and quiet lo. He only cries when he's gassy and hungry. I hope they grow up being the best of friends. I have no real advice for you. It might be good or bad planning got another so close together. But since you guys are carefully planning or thinking of ttc again, I'd do it quickly. Jk. I couldn't tell you. Every baby is different and so...situations will be different. Only way to know us to try for it? If the situation/time is right for the both of you.

It's great to hear from you Mama. I don't often come on here anymore, maybe once a week to check if their are any updates from you or Nariah. I agree that time is flying by quickly. Alex is already almost 16 lbs and will be only 4 months old on March 27. He's advancing nicely as well. I am glad to hear that your babies are doing well and I am sure it is an uphill climb for your babies as they were born so tiny. But I am sure they will catch up in size in no time. Most do! I can't imagine Alex crawling or walking yet, and it isn't too far off. This place is a death trap. We really need to start getting to work on clearing out the things he can hurt himself on, get into, and such. It is going to take months, I am sure. Thing are barely getting done at this point in the house. I do not have an instagram, but I might make one to follow you ;)

Nariah, I am having thoughts of trying for another soon too! But I know I need to finish college first. But on the other hand, I am in baby mode right now and have all the diapers and stuff I need for another baby right now and it would be awesome for my kids to be close in age and go to schools together. Especially if I had a girl and her big brother was there to watch out for her. That is total wishful, in a perfect world, thinking. However, I think I really do need to finish college first. Good luck in making your decision on whether to have another one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->