November 2013 Babies!

Yes the swelling is very normal after c section. It should subside by 2weeks.

Okay so...I'm very sad. Think I have baby blues or something. I was pregnant in pain, pp c/s recovery in pain, and bf in pain. I am seriously thinking of calling it quits with bf. I can't handle all of this. I haven't slept since the hospitalization. It hurts to even lift my head up from the pillow and i dont even sleep flat. I'm kinda upright, with pillows behind. All these pains are making me mentally weak and I dunno how to cope. I wanna quit bf just to feel comfortable. And that's so selfish. Then the other me says to keep trying. :'( I just wanna enjoy my pp for once.

Whittnie - i meant you, love, and nariah are left. But tbh, it won't be long now until you ladies join the 4th trimester clan heheheee

Lovesanrio - I relate to how you feel about the section. I had felt the same prior to mine. Had mine this past Monday on the 18th. Everything went smoothly. You won't feel a thing and you won't know when they start because they don't tell you. I was laying there wondering when they're gonna start while I was having conversations with OH and the anesthesiologist (who was so great at it and a very nice dr). Little did I know, the dr had already started while we were chatting away. Now...I'm not going to sugar coat anything. Recovery sucks. But it's true what everyone says, moving around slowly at your own safe comfort makes the recovery pain a little more bearable. Trust me. You don't want to be just lying in bed or sitting in bed. You will do fine. If I had gone through it, you can. And I'm scared of any surgical procedures.

Can you let me know what they did for you for pain? That is another concern of mine.

Also, I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy! I have never breast fed, so I can't say much about that. I have heard it is painful though. I never breast fed simply by choice. I chose bottle for all of my kids. I was ready to have my body back and feel normal again. It really isn't for everyone.
If you are really wanting to BF would it be easier if you pumped? If you do decide to stop BFing, don't feel guilty. There is nothing wrong with feeding your baby with a bottle, no matter what anyone says. My kids are all healthy, and super intelligent. My 2 year old can count to 12, knows all of her colors, and my 9 year old is on the A honor roll LOL! Seriously though, don't feel bad, no matter what you choose... and don't let anyone else make you feel bad either. It's not their choice.

You are a badass mama whether you are whipping the boob out or not! :haha:

Yayy I'm happy to see most of you have had your babies and are doing well. Alchemist hang in there with the breastfeeding, I know it can be hard after a c-section. Did the hospital give you a pump to rent? Right now I'm exclusively pumping because my babies can't latch on without a nipple shield. I have an appt on Monday to practice with a LC. I'm happy my supply has gone up and I'm pumping more than enough for my babies. I pump anywhere between 5oz-12oz a session. Pumping can be a headache but it's so worth it.

Both babies are home now, so you guys can only imagine how busy I have been. They turned 2 months yesterday

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1385065239299.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1385065239299.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20131113_143628-1.jpg
    20131113_143628-1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 4
Wow I can't believe.they're two months already! Good for you keeping up with the pumping. I have a friend who's baby arrived at 31 weeks and she was eventually able.to get her to latch and now she feeds like a pro :)

I think there is something to the fact.that most babies start feeding better when they reach what would have been their due date. Devyn definitely had a feeding breakthrough around that time.

Omgosh Mama, they are so big now! So precious. I am glad everything is going relatively well. seems like you pump quite a bit now, which is awesome. And I can't believe it's been 2 months already. That's crazy. So glad they are doing well. I can only imagine how busy you have been.

AFM- I had a really good sleep last night. I woke up a couple times for potty breaks and to turn over, but was able to get back to sleep thankfully. I fell asleep around 4am and woke up at 1:30 pm....and when I went to the bathroom. I HAD MY BLOODY SHOW:happydance::happydance::happydance:
I am having some tightenings that feel like I have to go #2 (I don't need to go), but they aren't frequent enough to time yet. Well they are, but not to where I think I NEED to time them yet. I had a talk with my baby last night. I told him it was time to come out and mommy wanted to meet him and that today would be a good day. =P Let's hope he listened.

Whit: I totally hope this is it for you!!! I had the talk with Denver 3 days before he decided to arrive! I told him that I really wish he stay put for a little while but he had my permission to come whenever he was ready! Guess he was ready!!

Mama: wow! Your LOs look awesome!! I can't believe they are 2 months already too! You should be busy... I feel overwhelmed and I only have 1!

Luna: I think you are totally right. Denver was suppose to come tomorrow and i totally feel like he has turned a bf leaf! We went to the LC today and he gained 6 oz in 4 days!!

Well ladies I am so sorry I haven't posted since the last time, but I did indeed go into labor!

Little Samuel showed up at 5:04pm on Wednesday at 6lbs 9oz and 18 inches long. I went into the doctor to see if I was in labor and they told me I was 5cm and 100% effaced and that I needed to go to the hospital to have my baby. It was kind of funny really because I knew something was happening but I thought it would have been more obvious. :shrug:

Anywho, was only in labor total of about 12 hours from start to finish, went from 5cms to ready to push in half an hour after sitting in the tub for a while, then pushed for about 45 mins. Did it all without pain medication, only got a little superficial first degree tear, overall I am pleased. The pushing was the worst for me, but we made it through.

Samuel has some trouble with his latch that we've been struggling with, and my milk just came in this morning which is making it harder, but we are sticking with it.

Sorry I haven't posted but its been a whirlwind since Wednesday! Oh and I had my first poo and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought! :happydance:

Alchemist: hope things get better, I can't imagine going through a section and thinking about the recovery.

Whitt: I hope this is it for you! I will be thinking of you.

Want: did you have crazy headaches too after your baby was born? I thought I read that in one of your posts...? My nurses told me it was from lack of sleep, I have had horrible headaches, its worse then the pain in my stiches or nipples from his latch. It sucks.

I will post some pictures and for now I need a rest. I will catch up more later I just wanted to update you all and let you know my little man is here!

The first was shortly after his first bath. The second was the day after he was born. And the last was on Friday when we got discharged from the hospital, in his little moose sleeper. :happydance:

Attachments

• Resized 1.jpg
    Resized 1.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 2
  • resized 2.jpg
    resized 2.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 5
  • resized 3.jpg
    resized 3.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations Nariah! I am so happy for you. So exciting. I knew you went because you hadn't posted, lol. Woohoo. And your baby is so adorable. Glad things weren't so obvious for you for a long while. That probably made things a lot easier when you went in.Get your rest!

I am still pregnant. Contractions stopped but I am getting a lot of twinge pain in my cervix. I had a lot of bloody mucus (sorry tmi) yesterday and last night...But other than that, nothing today. So frustrating. He feels super down low though so I am just hanging out and waiting now.

Mama - wow your twins are adorable and now 2 months. Hope everything is alright. Miss having you around. I'm sure home life is busier for you. good thing is your babies are healthy and thriving.

Nariah - congrats! You finally had your baby! Baby is a darling. can't believe you were 5cm going to the dr and still questioned if you were having contractions. My contraction@that point was beginning to be strong. Anyway, get your rest.

Whittnie - don't your worry. And you're not last! There's you and lovesanrio. And since you're having bloody shows, you'll likely go soon. Hang in there! You'll join the sleepless nights soon enough hehehe.

Mama - wow your twins are adorable and now 2 months. Hope everything is alright. Miss having you around. I'm sure home life is busier for you. good thing is your babies are healthy and thriving.

Nariah - congrats! You finally had your baby! Baby is a darling. can't believe you were 5cm going to the dr and still questioned if you were having contractions. My contraction@that point was beginning to be strong. Anyway, get your rest.

Whittnie - don't your worry. And you're not last! There's you and lovesanrio. And since you're having bloody shows, you'll likely go soon. Hang in there! You'll join the sleepless nights soon enough hehehe.

Nope, I am last. Love had her baby girl yesterday. Lol...I am all alone /overly dramatic flailing :cry::cry:

haha...It'll happen. I am just irritated that I had the bloody show yesterday and had cramping and contractions and then it stopped. I wish it would have continued to contract at least so that I felt that something was actually happening. I am just waiting and I started a TV series on Netflix to try to keep my mind off it.

I had no idea she had her baby! It's okay Whittnie. He HAS to come out! Just a matter of time that's it. Good idea on Netflix. Keep your mind off of it. Hang in there. It's worth it and then you'll forget this drag once he comes. Once the sleepless nights hits lol...:hug:

Just checking in! Yes, I had my baby on the 22nd after being in total denial that I was in labor LOL! I didn't get to the hospital until I was 5cm and in so much pain I couldn't hold still. Had my c-section, and it went smoothly from there, but up to that point it was a whirlwind to say the least. She weighed 6 pounds even (5lbs. 12oz. when I brought her home) and 19 inches long. She is a tiny thing, which shocked me since I was in my 38th week, but she is very healthy, and so beautiful. She is such a good baby, and hardly ever cries.

She is so small that I had to buy clothes for her when I came home from the hospital. I bought a lot of 0-3 months, 3-6 months, but hardly any Newborn at all because my other kids never wore them long. This one swims in the newborn size! Cant say I hated shopping online for baby clothes though LOL! Newborn hats dont fit her either. She has a very small head.

She is currently at her very first dr appointment with her dad right now. Since I left the hospital after 2 days instead of 3 they wanted to see her in the office 2 days after we got home. She will be weighed again and I am curious to see if she has started gaining. She eats like a little pig!

I am recovering alright. Still in a bit of pain, but DH has been a huge help. I have him home for another 5 days, and I am so thankful for that.

I attached some pics of her and my other girls :)

Attachments

• 93320009.jpg
    93320009.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 93320011.jpg
    93320011.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 93320019.jpg
    93320019.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
I already said it at your other thread but congratulations again, love.
I love shopping for baby clothes. My ds doesn't fit in his 0-3 months either lol. He's a skinny and small 7lb'er. Looking in his dresser, I realized I never bought any NB clothes. Figured I wouldn't need to. Well I'm not going to buy any, they grow out of nb stage quickly. Plus, I'm still in recovery mode from my section a week ago. I can walk fine but sometimes, the incision feels like it's going to be ripped open. So yeah, by the time of my 4 week pp dr appmt comes up, he'll probably outgrow nb clothes. It's crazy how quick they grow. Well, hope you recover quickly, and do take it easy! Thank goodness your dh is helping out. My OH has been a godsend - and he's the most lazy person ever too. Lmao! And thank goodness, his parents have been very helpful also with taking my dd to give me rest time. You rest up and walk little by little. Keep your legs up.

Congratulations again Love. I am so happy for you. I am glad you got to the hospital in time. Your daughter is just precious. I hope you heal quickly and it's great that your OH is helping out. I think I bought enough sizes in everything no matter what size he comes out as. I have tons of newborn, tons of 0-3, and tons of 3-6. If he is as big as they say he is and goes straight into 0-3, I MIGHT have to buy some more. I don't know yet. I have more newborn than anything because I had been buying over the years and didn't know that babies could go straight into 0-3 lol.

AFM-I'm still pregnant. I can't believe I am still pregnant...especially with everything that went on a few weeks ago. Now I am overdue. It's crazy. I am super duper crampy today though. Hopefully soon.

Whittnie - when us the next dr appmt? Did your dr discuss whats to be done after 40 weeks?

My next appointment is tomorrow. We talk tomorrow about a c-section date I think since there will be no induction.

No induction? Why not? Or is it because your dr/hospital doesn't do that? Either way, c section isn't that bad. It's just getting through the recovery part. update howthe appmt goes tmrw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->