November 2013 Babies!

oh whit I am sorry you are still pregnant! I can understand the frustration as I was getting that way just days before Samuel was born. Hopefully something will happen for you soon! Look at it this way, you beat the odds of keeping him in longer and the whole preterm labor business. :thumbup:
Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. :hugs:

Alchemist: I had heard the recovery is a pain with the section, I can't imagine it knowing how I feel with just a regular delivery. Although I don't feel too bad I still have to remind myself to take it easy otherwise I regret it later. As for my contractions I was kind of surprised really that I was 5cm when I went in. I expected it to be more obvious and painful but it didn't seem to be. Now in the last half hour of labor before the pushing stage, now that HURT! It was closer to what I figured it would be like, but it makes since cause I went through 5cm in that half hour so yeah. Hope your recovery is going well. How is it with two, is it as bad as you thought it would be?

As for me, I started having a bunch of pain down below and found out there was another little tear on the inside that we didn't know about, so I just have to get creative with going to the bathroom until it heals. :nope:
Breastfeeding is going well, although I have apparently more milk then I could possibly need so I am pumping after every feed for a while. We started our cloth diapers today, and so far so good. they are working out great, we are still working on fit though but so far no leaks!

Nariah - love your avatar of your lo, so cute...I've recently just starred feeling well and walking well. But my stitch area sometimes feels like it's going to rip open. Thankfully, I read that it's just nerve endings trying to heal. Some areas bordering the stitch, like around it, feels numb. It's weird...but at least it's normal. Life with 2 under 2 has been manageable with OH helping out so much. We've had to change things around for dd. We finally got her to sleep in her own bed, IN her own room. We tell her to go take a nap or go to sleep and she runs to her room to do just that. Great! Now I'm waiting for her to actually use her potty correctly, sigh...

Are you going to the dr for your internal tear to get it stitched? It sounds painful...I hope that heals because it send uncomfortable. I'd cringe too having to go to the bathroom. Glad bf is going well for you. Didn't for me so I'm ff my ds. Have some guilt over it but think it's just part of the baby blues.

Nariah - love your avatar of your lo, so cute...I've recently just starred feeling well and walking well. But my stitch area sometimes feels like it's going to rip open. Thankfully, I read that it's just nerve endings trying to heal. Some areas bordering the stitch, like around it, feels numb. It's weird...but at least it's normal. Life with 2 under 2 has been manageable with OH helping out so much. We've had to change things around for dd. We finally got her to sleep in her own bed, IN her own room. We tell her to go take a nap or go to sleep and she runs to her room to do just that. Great! Now I'm waiting for her to actually use her potty correctly, sigh...

Are you going to the dr for your internal tear to get it stitched? It sounds painful...I hope that heals because it send uncomfortable. I'd cringe too having to go to the bathroom. Glad bf is going well for you. Didn't for me so I'm ff my ds. Have some guilt over it but think it's just part of the baby blues.

Don't feel quilty because you couldn't breastfeed, some people just have trouble. I am lucky that its going so well now, we had some trouble at first, and then again when my milk started coming in because there was soo much he couldn't latch on. :nope: But my DH and I joke that I am too stubborn to give up so we just kept trying and now its going well. Glad things are going pretty well for you and that your DH is helping you out.

The doctor looked at the tear and said it wouldn't be worth it at this point to stitch and that it just needs to heal on its own. So yeah its a bit of a struggle going pee sometimes, but I am just drinking a lot of water to try and dilute the urine and using a spray bottle to help keep the area comfortable while I go. Not fun at all.

Do you or have you ever cloth diapered? I went to wash mine and noticed all his poos turned green. They were the right color when they went in the pail and when he was changed(mustard yellow), but now they are green! :shrug: I have never heard of this happening and I didn't pick through his sposies when he was still using them....man why does having a baby make you paranoid about everything?

Hey! Congrats Nariah and Love!!!!! Your LO are amazing cute! So proud of both of you!!

Nariah: I cloth diaper too but we use a service so I really can't weigh in. Do the poos change color before you out them in the wash? I've never looked to see what color the poo dries. We throw ours in a bag and don't pay much attention after that! I will be starting to use some of my own diapers soon, but Denver is too small for them so far (he just hit 6 pounds)!

Hey! Congrats Nariah and Love!!!!! Your LO are amazing cute! So proud of both of you!!

Nariah: I cloth diaper too but we use a service so I really can't weigh in. Do the poos change color before you out them in the wash? I've never looked to see what color the poo dries. We throw ours in a bag and don't pay much attention after that! I will be starting to use some of my own diapers soon, but Denver is too small for them so far (he just hit 6 pounds)!

its so weird, they are the right color when we change him but then later when I load them into the washer(cause we are doing diapers once a day for now) they are green! I did some reading and it sounds like its common, so I guess I just won't worry about it. I love my cloth diapers and have been so happy since I switched.

So gots a question for all you ladies. My breasts got so full and LO was having trouble latching because of it. The lactation consultant suggested I pump a bit to help drain some of the excess. and I have been pumping after each feed because he eats a lot but never clears it all out. So now I am wondering if I am setting myself up for oversupply. Should I stop pumping for now, or maybe only pump if he doesn't get to the second breast? if I don't pump it is quite painful as I have a lot of milk.

Oh man...I thought if you pump after feeding, that's telling your brain to send a signal to your boobs to make more. At least, that's what I remember reading. Maybe try lessening on the pumping? It seems as if you're making enough milk for baby already without the pump. I'd cut down on the pumping. Or ask the lactation consultant if you can do that instead?

I'm using wool and regular cloths that I cut up myself and it works just as well as on the market cloth diapers. I give them a rinse before I hang dry it for laundry. Going really old school sometimes really works and cost efficient. The only disposable diapers we're buying is for dd but we're in the process of potty training her though.

Nariah - scratch my idea on the breastmilk. I really don't know and my best advice is to talk about it more with lc and also post in the breastfeeding or baby section of BnB.

definitely only pump until you are comfortable. Every time you empty them all the way you are signalling them to make more milk.

Hey everyone! Glad to see everyone is doing alright. Delaney is doing great. She had her first dr appointment yesterday and now weighs 5lbs. 15oz. so she gained 3oz. since leaving the hospital! She is eating really well, and is a very good baby. Hardly ever cries.

As for me, I am managing. My c-section incision has actually gotten more painful the last couple of days. The right side of it, and the skin around the right side burns really badly. I had DH look at it earlier and he said it doesn't look infected or anything, but it is really painful. Sometimes it burns so bad it is hard to even sit still. I'm not sure what is going on with it. Anyone experience this? There isn't any drainage or anything.

On a brighter note, I have lost 18 pounds since having Delaney. 2 more pounds and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I still have quite a bit of swelling so I am guessing I will lose more than those 2 pounds and will end up weighing less at the end of all this than I did when I got pregnant! Pretty happy about that.

yeah I have cut back on the pumping and figure if I just pump enough that they aren't rock hard I should be ok. We shall see.

Love: I wish I was losing weight like that! I have only lost 9 lbs since LO was born a week ago, and my belly still looks pregnant. :cry:
I know it just takes time for some people but it makes me sad none the less.

Just letting you ladies know that baby William Alexander was born today at 4:41 at 8 lbs 1oz and 20 1/2 inches. Baby is doing so well and mom is in a lot of pain. I'll post a birth story and pictures soon.

Just letting you ladies know that baby William Alexander was born today at 4:41 at 8 lbs 1oz and 20 1/2 inches. Baby is doing so well and mom is in a lot of pain. I'll post a birth story and pictures soon.

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy you finally had your baby whit! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Rest up you can post a story when your feeling up to it. Congratulations!

YAY! So happy you had your baby!! I just came on here to specifically check on you. William is a great name. It was my dad's name, and is also my DH's name... the 2 strongest, most loving men I have ever known! Congrats hun!

I posted a birth story on the third trimester forum. Had a complication with the epidural because he hit some fluid and I'm leaking it and its causing me alot of head and back pain. So can't focus on another for a bit. If you want to read it, it is here:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...pic-included-thanks-all-support-ladies-2.html

In addition to that, he is having latching issues with left breast, but excellent on the right breast. He's a bit jaundiced, but they're keeping an eye. I'll know more about me and the pain and treatment options tomorrow. Hope you ladies are doing well.

Here's a pic if you don't want to read.

URL=https://s137.photobucket.com/user/whittnie116/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20131127_174534_023-2.jpg.html]https://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/whittnie116/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20131127_174534_023-2.jpg[/URL]

Oh whittnie, I'm so sorry you're having the headaches. When do they check you on that? I hope you get the taken asap. Do you feel anything else besides the neck pain?

Oh your lo is such a cutie! Congrats again :flower:

Oh whittnie, I'm so sorry you're having the headaches. When do they check you on that? I hope you get the taken asap. Do you feel anything else besides the neck pain?

Oh your lo is such a cutie! Congrats again :flower:

Well the anaesthesiologist was in a bit earlier tonight and said I might need a blood patch, but wanted to see if it would heal itself by tomorrow, otherwise we'll do the procedure in the morning. I'm having a ton of back pain he said could be because of the puncture. I'm having tons of other pain too and holy crap the swelling. Tmi..but my inner labia is swollen to the size of a baseball :( I didn't even know that was possible. But I guess with 2.5 hrs of pushing....

Oh my goodness, sounds like tough time. I haven't read your story but will in the morning as I'm typing this response@ 2:30am right now. I hope your labial swelling has started to decrease. I'm sure they are icing it and giving you something else for it? Rest up, hun. You need it.

Of I'm sorry you're in so much pain! :hugs:
I've heard the headaches can last for a while :(

So sorry you are going through this! I actually know exactly what you are going through. I had the post dermal puncture headaches before. I had it after my last c-section. Mine cleared up on it's own after 48 hours, and I didn't end up having to have the blood patch. I am hoping for the same for you... those headaches can be debilitating.

Also, I had my first 3 vaginally. With my first I was in labor for 27 hours, and pushed for 2 1/2, just like you. I also ended up with a pretty significant tear, which didn't help. When I finally had her I was so swollen down there I looked like a boy. Only way I can even think to describe it. The nurses took diapers, put holes in them, took the stuffing out, and filled them with ice. They put them down there for me the entire time I was in the hospital and changed them often to make sure the ice was always fresh. I will say this... it helped tremendously! When I finally went home there was a pretty good difference in the amount of the swelling down there. With my subsequent vaginal deliveries I didn't have the swelling issue. I hope you feel better soon!

Oh whit that's bummer that you aren't feeling well, you did have a big boy though, so I guess its to be expected. although that doesn't make it any more fun. :nope:

Hope it all clears up soon, I second the icing part, it was and still is the best thing for the sore lady bits.

And you LO is so cute! And I love the little knit hat, did you make it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->