November Rainbow Babies

Sorry for the delay in updating. I keep thinking I will jump o. My laptop as trying to load pics as posting from my phone isn't as easy but time just gets away from me. Our little Lukas was born on Nov 27th weighing in at 6 lbs 14oz measuring 19 1/2inches I can't believe tomorrow he will already be 2 weeks old!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies..i havent been here for a while but have been catching up on posts coz as I type this my little rainbow girl Casey is in my arms..i can hardly believe she's mine!she was born on 4thdec..12days over...its been amazing!my son is just smitten,as r we!xx

Attachments

• 2012-12-07 12.20.31.jpg
    2012-12-07 12.20.31.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3
Dancing- I have yet to try the side lying feeding position. It is hard when they won't sleep in anywhere but your arms! Does she like a swing at all? Sometimes they feel sort of "hugged" in there. <-- and I just saw that she doesn't take to it well : (
In Savannah's bassinet, I know they say to keep all objects out, after I lay her down swaddled, I put a rolled up blanket on both sides of her. It's been working well with her. And I forgot if I mentioned before, but I also elevated her bassinet mattress with a blanket underneath. They are still young, and as they do get older, you can change their habits with a bit of work. But right now it might be best to do what they like, if it keeps them sleeping.

Alandsa- yeah, Savannah needs to be burped or she'll wake up from her sleep, then it's back to starting all over again. I've said this befpre, but I'm really gonna to it this time :blush: :I need to try and keep her up later tonight, since for the past, oh 4 nights, she's been having these "I want to stay up for 2 hours" bits. It may be due to going to bed to early, which is around 8 pm. Fingers crossed. But during that time, it seems she grunts and goes crazy on my boob, pulling it all around. I think it's because she feeds so much that my boobs are drained and she gets pissed off. I might try eating a small snack before bed to boost milk supply.

For the fast letdown, they say you can take her off the boob, catch the milk with a cloth, then put her back on it when the letdown is over .

B&L'smom- (I didn't know we could change our names!)
Look at Lukas' lil cheeks. So cute. How did the birth go?

Wow pcbs- 12 days overdue! Were they looking to induce you at all? Casey is beautiful! How are you feeling?

I had my 6 week PP check up today with the MW. She said all is looking good. muscles are good, and my tear healed up just fine. I was sort of dreading her checking "up there", but it didn't hurt one bit. I don't know why, I was thinking it would hurt. DH and I have yet to DTD. TMI- but I'm looking into lubes, because I know I'm dry down there due to breastfeeding. I got my birth control today (safe for breastfeeding moms). I am going to start taking it. The nice part is that, she said that because I'm breastfeeding and will be on the pill, I may not even get my period.

Its funny that i mentioned she doesnt like the swing because she's sleeping in it now. im going to prop a blanket under the bassient mattress and see if that helps. possibly try the blankets on each side too. It just seems in the afternoons lately she's been super fussy. Dont know if its just the end of the day or if she's going through a growth spurt but last night she seemed to feed endlessly from 5 to 10 pm. Then she slept from 11 to 2:30 lol, I dunno what was going on but we'll see what happens tonight. I feel bad for DH sometimes because he starts the night sleeping in the room with us but in the middle goes down to the couch. But at the same time im like "well im the one getting up with her not you". Oh well :) her 1 month checkup is tomorrow cant wait!

Hey..im sorry ladies but its so nice to read on here that I am not alone!Casey wont sleep long in her bassinette, definately getting better.
But how long till she has a 3-4 hr feed cycle coz at the moment she is just feed feed feed sleep a little then feed some more..i kniw she is only a wk old but I am hoping it gets much better every wk?
Yes I went.in to be induced but thru contractions and everything my cervix did nothing..same as with my ds so they asked what I wanted to do and I just said..give me the baby!so booked me in for csection and we were all go!it was a great experience as it was an emergency one when I had my son so they knocked me out for it, but this time I had hubby there, I was joking with docs and then we heard her cry and that was that!...i couldnt believe it!
Hope everyone has a better night tonight xx

Hi ladies..i havent been here for a while but have been catching up on posts coz as I type this my little rainbow girl Casey is in my arms..i can hardly believe she's mine!she was born on 4thdec..12days over...its been amazing!my son is just smitten,as r we!xx

12 days over you poor thing!! She is beautiful and has soooo much hair-definitely worth the wait!

Dancing- I have yet to try the side lying feeding position. It is hard when they won't sleep in anywhere but your arms! Does she like a swing at all? Sometimes they feel sort of "hugged" in there. <-- and I just saw that she doesn't take to it well : (
In Savannah's bassinet, I know they say to keep all objects out, after I lay her down swaddled, I put a rolled up blanket on both sides of her. It's been working well with her. And I forgot if I mentioned before, but I also elevated her bassinet mattress with a blanket underneath. They are still young, and as they do get older, you can change their habits with a bit of work. But right now it might be best to do what they like, if it keeps them sleeping.

Alandsa- yeah, Savannah needs to be burped or she'll wake up from her sleep, then it's back to starting all over again. I've said this befpre, but I'm really gonna to it this time :blush: :I need to try and keep her up later tonight, since for the past, oh 4 nights, she's been having these "I want to stay up for 2 hours" bits. It may be due to going to bed to early, which is around 8 pm. Fingers crossed. But during that time, it seems she grunts and goes crazy on my boob, pulling it all around. I think it's because she feeds so much that my boobs are drained and she gets pissed off. I might try eating a small snack before bed to boost milk supply.

For the fast letdown, they say you can take her off the boob, catch the milk with a cloth, then put her back on it when the letdown is over .

B&L'smom- (I didn't know we could change our names!)
Look at Lukas' lil cheeks. So cute. How did the birth go?

Wow pcbs- 12 days overdue! Were they looking to induce you at all? Casey is beautiful! How are you feeling?

I had my 6 week PP check up today with the MW. She said all is looking good. muscles are good, and my tear healed up just fine. I was sort of dreading her checking "up there", but it didn't hurt one bit. I don't know why, I was thinking it would hurt. DH and I have yet to DTD. TMI- but I'm looking into lubes, because I know I'm dry down there due to breastfeeding. I got my birth control today (safe for breastfeeding moms). I am going to start taking it. The nice part is that, she said that because I'm breastfeeding and will be on the pill, I may not even get my period.

We also use the blankets rolled up as a sort of sleep positioner and Lukas does well sleeping in his crib--he also likes to be tightly swaddled as if he works his hands out he normally ends up waking himself up. They were kind enough to change my name but warned if I asked again I would be denied so there ya go-it is possible but I don't think they really want people doing it lol

Hey girls :wave: I totally fell behind with this thread but I wanted to congratulate all of you! I lost Internet for a few months mid-pregnancy and toward the end I was checking up on this group periodically but not posting. Anyways, all of your babies are beautiful and I'm so glad to see all these rainbows here :) Well done ladies!

Congrats Tuckie! I'm glad you checked in! pretty baby you've got there in your pic : )

I'm currently nursing before Vannah and I head out to toys r us for some last minute shopping. My mom is picking up dd from kindergarten for me today.

Baby is doing good, starting to fuss less. pooping has really cut down too, shes not doing it with every pee lol.

how's everyone else?

merry Christmas!:xmas3::xmas6:

we're good over here. Went to WIC today for a followup appt. They weighed her and my lil chunker weighs 11 lbs 4 oz! So she's gained over 4 lbs in almost 6 weeks lol. My milk must have roids in it or something. Two transformers exploded here in Annapolis last night so we lost power for alittle while. Our heating is electric so we slept downstairs on the couch because its warmer downstairs. But power wasnt out too long. In fact everything came on at like 2 am and woke us all up lol

lol Dancing, I suppose Savannah weighs around the same. She was 10 lbs a month ago. And I'm just starting to use size 2 diapers cause 1s won't wrap around her belly anymore!

c'mon ladies update please!!!!!!!! Here is Vannah at 2 months

I miss you guys!

I have something to get off my chest. I've realized that I do not like the newborn stage. With Natalie, all was fine and dandy. She was my first. It was easy and smooth. No one tells you that you might not actually "like" the newborn stage.
But with Savannah, I just have so many other things going on in my life, mostly DD#1, that this newborn stage is just stressful for me. I don't mind the daytime, but the night I sort of dread. I wouldn't say I have PPD, but I do get anxiety,
I need to get a new normal and it's tough. DH is great about everything. He's had the past three days off, which is unheard of around here. I missed him.

Well Christmas was nice. Went to two family parties. Savannah blew out her diaper at my mom's house. lol. I did feel a bit rushed and unable to relax though. I blame it on this time in our lives. Next year it will be so much better

Attachments

• photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
hey i dont blame you! These first 7 weeks with katrina have taken me over. i dont know how people do it along with having other kids to mind. i barely have a chance to eat properly lol. i wish i could post a pic but i have to camera. christmas was quiet here. just me, OH katrina and kenneth. i am thinking about getting one of those Woombie swaddles for her though. sometimes she likes being swaddled and sometimes she doesnt but im tired of the blanket getting unraveled

i literally just bought the next size up summer infant swaddler at the consignment shop today while DH watched V! There's been a few times where Vannah will wake up and I'll hear her swishing the blankets around, I'll look, and blankets will be up by her face. not good. I had to get the 14lb+ size, which i think is the large. also had to get more bibs, as we use a lot around here with the spit ups and drool.

Hey ladies!! Lukas turned 1 month old on Thursday. The day before he had his 1 month appointment and they said he is up to 9 lbs already! I was having a hard time getting all the stats as I had Blake and he is such a chatter box!! I'm hoping next time they will give me a printout with his stats on it. Christmas was great Lukas slept thru most of it and Blake passed out from exhaustion in the car at 6:30 so we just put him straight to bed when we got home. I must say my big anxiety right now is going back to work in 3 weeks. I'm slightly frustrated with DH cause he comes home from work and I expect him to jump on and relieve me so I can have a kid free minute or two but he goes straight to working out then normally I have to ask him to help whichever kid who is currently needing me so I can make dinner and I really wish he would offer so I don't ask and feel like I'm interrupting him and then as soon as dinner and dishes are done he goes straight for the computer and I don't see him again until I ask for help to get Blake ready for bed. He is better on the weekends but soon I'm going to be working again too and he is going to have to help out more!! Also I have no daycare lined up which is stressing me out too! Blake's daycare does have an infant spot until June--yikes! My mom was going to watch Lukas for the first week I go back to work but she had surgery on Wed so I doubt she will take time off again next month. And also getting everyone ready in the mornings when my job starts at 6:40--and currently Lukas is up between 3:30 and 4 to eat-I'm not look forward to it. I will try to jump back on later to load a month day pic of Lukas from my laptop! Dahlia Savannah is so cute and I love the scrabble letters!!

Wow b&L sounds like you have alot coming up. I hope that you find someone to watch lukas for you when you go back to work. Katrina doesnt seem to have a schedule when she wakes up at night, but i am hoping that she starts to soon! i put her to bed at 9 everynight, actually im so tired i go to bed at nine too lol. Don't know if i can stay up for new years! I am going to buy a Woombie swaddler but not sure which size to get because the newborn is for up to 13 lbs, and im pretty sure that will last me like a week lol, but the big baby size is 14 and up to something, thinking that might be to big? want her to be snug but not too small. Since kenneth has been with us its been hard to keep her sleeping as he is such a loud child. Anyone have tips for LO sleeping during the daytime? do you always put them in the bedroom or do they sleep downstairs? I feel like everyone has to tiptoe around when she's down in the livingroom with me. Also, how much sleeping time and awake time during the day? She can stay up longer but she gets overtired very quickly and then hard to put down. Tips from the mommies who've done it before?:shrug:

Well turns out the largest size in swaddleme was too small : ( the Velcro won't extend and attach across her chest. At least I only paid $2!
I'd get the next size up for Katrina. It should fit her.
I go to bed btwn 7 and 9 too lol.
As for sleeping, I tell Nat to use soft voices when LO is resting in her swing. She will only sleep a max of one hour if in her swing. And actually even if the dogs bark, she'll sleep through it. We have a ranch style house. Our bedroom, where the bassinet is, is only 10 feet from the living room. I do use the bass for naps. When she us on there, I like to swaddle her and lay her on her side to prevent her from spitting up etc. she's been spitting up less lately. Could you out Katrina in a pack n play in another room on the first floor? That way she's not too far away but away from the action.

Sleeping tips: don't let her get overtired. Lately I've actually noticed that I was feeding LO unnecessarily. I thought she was hungry, but in actuality she was tired. If I dont see her rooting or smacking lips etc, I now assume its just tiredness and ill walk with her and rock her. I tend to like a 2-3 hour schedule pattern. After waking, if she's not hungry right away, I keep her up for an hour or so with activity time (playing, talking, tummy time, observing), then keep her in a chill mood with toting her around house while I clean. Or put her in swing, but being an baby, she does prefer to be held. When I feed her she is usually sleepy after and will doze off for one of her naps or a small catnip and wakes up. She can go stretches of 2-3 hours being up. But watch for signs of tiredness. If she looks spacey, use that as an opportunity to rock her to sleep. Savannah does take a longer nap around 11am for 2-3 hours. All her other naps are usually no longer than one hour. Hope that made sense lol

B&L- I like to see that stats too. Nat is usually good for me, but she does like to tell the doc unnecessary things and change the subject all the time. I get peeved at that lol.

Hopefully by 3 mos Lukas will be sleeping longer for you and not waking up. Could you try a "dream feeding" at an earlier time, say 12am, and see if that works better? Google it if you can. I wish you luck in finding a sitter. Have you checked around with everyone?
As for DH, tell him just what you wrote. It made complete sense to me. Us women like to have a bit of reassurance with the future. So he should be reassuring you with his actions now. I'm sure it's tough and DH would like to relax when home, bit you're right, you'll be working soon and it needs to be fair. Just explain to him your worries and the stress you have when you always have to "ask" for help.

How are we all doing w weight loss? I've still got 25 lbs to lose! Gained 50 and only lost 25 so far. Ew : (
Btw- DH hasn't changed a diaper yet. Lol. I don't really mind, as I know he will when Sav gets older.
Also, since we are breastfeeding, I would like to introduce LO a bottle, so that will happen in the next day or two. I finally got the dr browns preemie nipple that I've heard many good things about for BFers. So I hope she takes to it so I can feel more at ease if we were to ever have my mom babysit for an occasion.

Thanks for the tips. I only have the living room and the kitchen downstairs, its a condo and the bedroom is upstairs so if im downstairs i make sure shes down here with me. I feel like shes too far away if i nap her upstairs if im not there. I also use a white noise machine which helps to block out alot of sounds. Katrina is usually only up for an hour- hour half before i put her back to sleep. I may start letting her stay awake alittle longer and see how it goes im just too afraid of her getting overtired and cranky lol. Right now shes swaddles in the swing with the white noise machine down here in the living room because kenneth is playing upstairs. I tried to use my moby wrap yesterday to tote her in but she started screaming when i put her in it. But I tried alittle later and she slept in it for like an hour and i was cleaning the bathroom. I'm hoping she'll start liking it more. She liked it alot when she was younger. I know what you mean about OH and diapers. He has changed a few but usually I have her and i change her, which is fine because sometimes i feel like OH doesnt do it the way "I" do it lol and i know what works best for her i.e. "getting her down for naps etc"

1 month pics

Attachments

• CSC_0527.jpg
    CSC_0527.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0482.jpg
    DSC_0482.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0488.jpg
    DSC_0488.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0515.jpg
    DSC_0515.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 2
B&L- Sweet baby boy! What a stud next to that teddy bear! It's so cute having him sit up like that. I usually do Vannah laying down, but I must try that! Thx for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->