November Rainbow Babies

Well my waters have broken :D started at 10am and are still going now at 2pm.

No contractions yet though - so hope things get moving soon!

Sorry about the lip tie Dahlia, it sounds confusing that they aren't able to give you more specifics on what is needed either now or in the future

Also it's not bad that she sleeps with you is it? A lot of people do that as their main approach. I'm sure you will get her in her bassinet soon.

I'm glad your nipples are hardening up a bit too, I hear people saying it takes a good couple of weeks. Although I'm obviously a complete newbie to all of this myself. I have subscribed to Anna Garcia on YouTube who has a breast feeding channel - she has been quite helpful in teaching me the basics

Yay Alandsa!

Keep moving! Like all day! Yoga ball, walking, cleaning the house. Do it all! Later I would try nip stim.
That's very similar to my birth story!
GOOD LUCK !!

Savannah does sleep in her bassinet, it's just that one time where it's just easier for me to let her sleep with me, since I'm tired and just wanna sleep : )

Aww im sure that's no problem if she comes and sleeps with you on occasions :)

Okay I shall get active! For some reason my waters seem to come out lots when I lie on my side so have been doing that on the sofa. However, the pains come back more when I'm active so that's the most important thing. I shall read your birth story again then Dahlia :)

WOOHOO Alandsa!!! Good Luck girly and update when you can!!

Dahlia--Blake had a low frenum attachment and actually ended up tearing his when he bumped it on his crib rail around 6 or 7 months--poor guy but it healed fine and didn't re-attach.

Yes Katrina has a mild lip tie too but i only took care of the tongue. Doc says if its not better than next week i can do the lip too. But things seem to be better. i changed her position to the football hold and its much less painful. i hope the large crack on my right breast heals soon. I know what you mean with the towels Dahlia! i have the same problem lol. But its encouraging to know that around 3 weeks you started feeling better.

Yay alandsa! Good luck with the labor and delivery! looking forward to updates!:thumbup:

Blake's- I was reading that some kids would fall and it would separate. Ive calmed down about it. And looking at my older daughters teeth, she has a slight gap. So I don't know if I'm overreacting or not.

Dancing- I hope the crack heals soon too. Did the clogged duct go away I take it?

yes it seems to have cleared up. I have been using warm compresses and massaging it and making sure she nurses often from it

Yay Alandsa!!!

Blakesmom-Your going to be next...I can feel it!!!

I don't really have any advice on the lip/tongue issue. If any of my 3 have had it, I didn't notice. I hope you all get it straightened out. Our dentist always says gaps are good. My son had a big gap between his front teeth (I did too) and after his adult teeth all came in it pushed them together. I never needed braces either. Don't know if that's on the same topic or not...but I thought I'd add it lol.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We are hoping to put our tree up...but not decorate it yet. My BFF is giving me all of her BLUE tree decorations, she's decided to do red this year so its my lucky year lol. I was wanting to do blue!

I really enjoyed the kids being home from school this week. Not having to 'Taxi' them around was amazing and not having to do homework...priceless lol. I really needed the break. Now if I can just manage to make it until Christmas break...I'll be doing great lol.

Miss Journee is doing well. I was able to take her newborn sleeping pics last week with the help of DD. It was impossible to do them myself. I will post a link to the pics on my website since I have to resize and all on B&B.

I also managed to bring myself to look at the birth pics after she was born. Still haven't found the time to finish writing my birth story. I hope to find the time soon.

DH is still working his outage and just as I thought...I just have to hang on until next week when he will return to his regular 40 hr a week schedule...BAM...he's getting moved to NIGHTS plus ANOTHER OUTAGE. 5-12 hr days. I am very thankful for the $$$ especially this time of year but dang...can't I catch a break?!?! So frustrating :( I had a cry about it today. Now, I'm left to suck it up and go with the flow.

I'm pretty certain I'm the only one left---we're also running out of time for the month of November--I sure wish he would hurry up!! My next appointment is Monday morning so I should have a plan in place by then!! Klein can't wait to see Journee's pics when you have a chance to upload the link!!

one handed typing here:

Blakes- Hello, do you have a plan for baby since your last appt?
40 weeks today! : )

Klein- baby pics please! and birth story, no rush ; )
I have since calmed about the mouth issue, and now I'm thinking gaps are good. lol. but still will talk to ped about taking baby to see someone for a 2nd opinion.

I know there's nothing you can do about DHs work situation, and it;s tough (minus the money part). Sometimes crying is all you can do, and then push through it.

We had to get a new tree since our old one had the lights go out. I bought a skinny 7footer, and DH dislikes it , Says that there will be no room for all our ornaments as the years go by. I think it's just fine, and the underlying issue is that he just thinks it looks nontraditional. lol.
I couldn't imagine doing new ornaments every year, do you have some old ornaments you add to it every year though?
ps- i loved our 4 day break from school as well. Yesterday was so hectic after dropping DD off at Kindergarten, then picking her up, then my WIC appt, grocery store, and then having to take her to Daisy Scouts, then pick her up again! ah! lol <-- That's probably one of the aspects that makes having 2 children, with one in school so difficult. Life would be easier if I had a designated chauffer for DD : )

Savannah is now 10 lbs 1 oz, got her weighed at WIC yesterday. I can't believe it! And she will be one month old on Friday. I have lost 20 lbs since birth, out of the 50 that I gained. I think it came off with the birth, and not much since then.

I hope Alandsa is holding her little one safe and sound : )

Will update more later from my laptop but Lukas is here and in my arms right now. Best feeling in the world to have my rainbow here--love to you all

pics ladies! hoping to see your bundles too!

Vannah is 5 weeks today
We've had a few nights in a row now where she wants to feed every 2 hrs. I am going to try to feed her every hour from about 5-8 pm tonight (clustering) to see if that fixes it.

She usually stays up from about 5-7 every night, and also a few chunks of time from 6am-8am and 1pm-2ish during the day.

It;s hard to find time for DH. I really miss him. We hardly get a chance to talk nowadays, to the point of me feeling kinda hopeless about it. Between his work schedule (days and some afternoon shifts), taking DD to and from school, and nursing baby, it's tough. DH stays in another room at night too since he needs his rest for work. I just need some cuddle time with him!
I try not to think about it, cause when I do I realize it's going to be like this for quite a while. I'm thinking around 6 months we'll get a break

Attachments

• Vannah- #1.jpg
    Vannah- #1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00532.jpg
    DSC00532.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00598.jpg
    DSC00598.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 5
  • onemonth.jpg
    onemonth.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 21
youre lucky. katrina always feeds every two hours, sometimes less than that. at night shes better though. otherwise shes attached to my boobs! i dont know i guess she'll get better cute pics though!

I feel like a prisoner in my own home sometimes, due to all the breastfeeding. It will get easier, just not for a while
*edit- Savannah does feed quite frequently during the day, too!

Anyone tried pumping yet? I did the other day. Got two ounces from the Medela manual. But.. when DH and I tried to give her the bottle, the damn nipple was too fast, even though I had a "slow" nipple! She would latch onto it with some difficulty, but the flow was way too fast. With Google, I've found that the preemie nipples are slower, so that might have to be what I get.

I had her in my Moby for about an hour today while I got some cleaning/laundry done. She'll sleep in there, but it seems when I lay her flat (in her bassinet), she doesn't like it and tends sleep lighter and wake up more often

i love my moby! i had her in mine today to get some cleaning done. She is happiest next to me so usually im holding her or shes sleeping next to me. Unfortunately that means she's laying next to me in bed at night still instead of her bassinet. but its so much easier to just pop out my boob and she can latch in the side lying position. I pumped earlier back at two weeks because of my sore cracked nipple on my right breast to give it a break from nursing. am going to try at five weeks giving one bottle each day. I am going to look into very slow flow nipples too.

Yeah I have been pumping in the first week as was struggling to get her to stay latched for long. I managed to increase my supply to about 3oz across both breasts. She would guzzle from the bottle though which wasnt great, they were the anti-colic teets but still she guzzled.

I stopped expressing as it was just too much work and have finally got the breast feeding sorted now. She is having issues with wind / colic though so doesn't like lying flat in her crib without a lot of burping / winding. I think my foremilk is quite fast and she guzzles it.

i have a fast letdown too and i have to lean back when i feed or she'll choke/take too much and pull off which was also giving her wind. I cant get Katrina to sleep in her bassinet, or swing, or anything for very long without her starting to cry. So usually she is in my arms or the moby and she sleeps in the bed with me. I dunno how to get her to sleep on her own, I feel like this will be worse for me the older she gets

Oh I hadn't thought if leaning back, might try that. The infacol has been helping her feed for a bit longer and when she burps she tends to get it all out

Oh I'm sorry you are struggling to get her to sleep without being held close. That just be quite hard work for you. Have you tried swaddling? I think it helps Charlotte but she is certainly better if she sleeps with me. She seems to like sleeping on her side snuggled up to me, but I daren't let her sleep like that for long just in case something were to happen. It's a shame as I really enjoy sleeping close to her, so I save it for a morning lie in now :)

I heard some babies like to sleep at a slight angle too? Rather than flat on their backs, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it? Have you been able to speak to your health visitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->