***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

My massively long birth story is now in my journal. Feel free to skip through it!!

Great birth story F&C! I'm so happy you got your vbac!

Thanks Cridge. I still can't believe I did it as deep down I expected another c section. X

Congrats F&C!! How exciting it all worked out how it was suppose to. Tears are no fun :( it just stopped hurting when I pee and its been two weeks! :winkwink:

I'm so thankful i didnt tear this time, i feel back to normal already and Hayden is only 2 days old!

Good to read your birth story, hope you're feeling OK now, well better anyhow.

Congratulations F&C, I had exactly the same with blood loss and my placenta!!
Here's what happened...

Our little yellow bundle turned pink on Sunday. We have named her Darcy and she is the most beautiful little baby with a good set of lungs on her!!
The midwife came round ours at around 2am to check me and I was already 7cm and having really strong contractions. We got to the hospital at about 3am and got in the pool straight away. I was exhausted but managed to do it all without any pain relief at all which I was so proud about, she was born at 5:37am weighing 7lb 1oz.
They drained the pool while I was holding Darcy and hoped I would deliver the placenta straight away. The placenta wasn't budging so I had the injection which didn't work either. I'd also lost a litre and a half of blood so was rushed to theatre where they gave me an epidural to manually get the placenta out.
I had I stay in over night so they could check my blood levels as they thought I might need a blood transfusion. Thankfully everything came back ok and I was let home yesterday afternoon.
I'm feeling really sore but it was all well worth it. So in love.

congrats blondie! so glad your lo arrived safely!

Hi ladies! Congrats to all those who've had their babies. Baby Eddie was born on Nov 28 at 8:11 pm after 31.5 hours of labor! He weighed 9 lbs 5 oz and was 21.5 inches long. I will update with my birth story just as soon as I can. He is absolutely beautiful and we love him very much!

Attachments

• Baby Eddie.jpg
    Baby Eddie.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4
Wow Blondie that does sound similar! Well done and congratulations.

Babyfeva congratulations also. What a beautiful baby xx

Hi Daddies,
All good here, Darcy is feeding about every 2-3 hours at night. I struggled a bit on one breast and have got a bit of a sore nipple but we are persevering.
We are both so in love with her and I couldn't be happier.

F&C, how are you after your blood loss? I get so breathless just from walking from one room to another and feel so weak. The other day I could barely dry my hair as the hair dryer felt so heavy!

Blondie that doesn't sound good :( Are you still on iron tablets? I'm not feeling too bad now in honesty. I've been taking it very easy though and letting my dh do all the work. I'm very lucky.

We're doing well. Dreading my dh going back to work but at least it's only for a week before he's off for Christmas. My issue is that I'm still snoring and waking my dh up so he prodes me which wakes me up. That combined with the feeds is very tiring. I'm getting a good sleep in though. X

Oh and I hear you re the sore nipple. The next feed is due to be on that one and I'm dreading it.

Dreading my husband going back too he's been more helpful then I thought he would be.

Have you ladies tried nipple shields? I tried those a couple times and it helped with not feeling so sore.

I think mine will be ok once they toughen up a bit and I like not having the faff of nipple shields. Thanks for the tip though xx

Yes I'm on a 28 day course of iron tablets and eating high in iron food too. My oh is also amazing and not letting me lift a finger bless him. He is going back to work next week for a week which my mum is taking off then he is home for 11 days over Christmas.

My nipple just needs to toughen up too, its the forst suck that has my toes curling! The hospital have given me some sample packs of cream which I've been using.

I can't believe our beautiful girl is a week old already.

I know! I keep saying 'this time last week..'!

My dh is also only back 3 or 4 days before going back on holiday for Christmas so I really can't complain.

F&C - I was still snoring too and dh would wake me up to get me to stop. I finally told him I can't have him doing that because I'm already not getting enough sleep - he's just going to have to deal with the snoring. Why don't they understand that we're woken multiple times during the night?! Funny thing is, I used to wake myself up when I snored, but I guess I've been so exhausted that I'm sleeping right through it now. Good thing!

I told him to use ear plugs but he has refused. I even dream he's woken me up now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->