***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

:hugs: f&c! I hope your little one comes soon with out any problems! FYI - I only spent 2 days in the hospital after my c-section. My doc said that they've seen better recovery with c-sections when women get home and get moving. I was able to get up off the couch without help (which is a trick, right?!) within just a day or two of coming home. So hopefully *if* it does end in another c-section for you, the recovery will be better than what you experienced the first time. But hopefully you'll have a natural birth just as you wanted!

Good luck to all those still waiting for their babies! I can't believe November is just about over! crazy!!

Hope your lo is here soon f&c!
I also had a good c section experience, and it was an emergency one ending in me having a very large incision due to his big head!
I had heard getting up and moving helps with healing so as soon as I was cleared to I was up and walking! Oh and I don't know about other people but the fluids they give you after, as soon as you're eating/drinking on your own tell them to scrap them! I didn't know better and I was eating/drinking right away (I like food heehee) and I started to retain water like crazy! I was just being pumped full of to much fluid. After I asked them to get rid of I'v I started to feel way better and swelling started to go down.
If lo wasn't in NICU I easily could have gone home after day and a half and been ok.

Apparently your body goes into shock after a c section so water retention is very common. I had it bad last time and expected it to disappear as soon as my son was born but it got worse.

My ds also had a big head at 38.5cm. This one they're predicting 37.5 so still pretty big. Hopefully if he's in the right position though I can do it vaginally. Fingers crossed.

X

Good luck f&c!
I didn't have my emcs because of his big head so you deff may be able to do it vaginally!

Ya they say to expect water retention but this was insane! I'm a tiny person and I got huge! When I was transferred to the hospital my son had to get transferred to they were the ones to take my iv down and they even said it was cranked too high and no need for how much they were pumping in me. Silly other hospital!

Yikes! Will definitely keep that in mind, thanks hun. It's also good to know the emcs wasn't head related ;) xx

Yikes! Will definitely keep that in mind, thanks hun. It's also good to know the emcs wasn't head related ;) xx

Haha ya. They kept telling me all along about his big head (bound to happen his dad has a big head and his brother, my stepson) not going to lie I was terrified about vaginal birth with his head haha.
When he was born at 35weeks exactly his head was a full term size I'm told. The actually had to use forceps to get him outa my stomach! Partly cause he's a stubborn like man and I guess was burrying it away from her haha. I don't know the measurement off hand I have it written dowbm

Are you using raspberry leaf tea? I hear that helps.

Good luck! :)

mine had a head of 37 cm. Water retention isnt bad anymore apart from a lack of digestion... erm. but m legs and feet look like mine again.

A bit late to be a sparkler but my yellow bump turned blue this morning at 3:55am weighing 7lbs 7oz.

Congratulations cookielucylou, hope you're both well.

F&C any news??

Tristan James Phipps beat the induction and was born today at 8.14am weighing 8lb 4oz with a natural birth. I got my vbac! He was due to be induced yesterday but there were no beds. X

Yey F&C congratulations, happy that you got your natural birth x

Congratz Fish&chips !! Wow im so happy you got your vbac ?!
Im seriously curious how it was ..im waiting for your story lol

I posted here a long time ago. I was due november 8. Had my little princess october 27th weighing 7lbs 10oz. 20.5 inches long.

its been ages since i last posted but moved house at 36 weeks so as you can imagine I was rather busy.

pleased to announce that Oscar Henry Keen was born 3rd Nov 2012 at 08:35 weighing 8lb 1.5oz

:happydance:

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Yay F&C!! I'm so glad your little guy came on his own and you got your vbac!!

Congrats to all the other new moms! Come join us in the baby club forum!!

And speaking of water retention after a c-section! Holy!!! I was hugely swollen during pregnancy and I didn't think it could get any worse... but oh yes it did!! I left the hospital weighing more than when I went in! I lost a couple pounds, but it wasn't until about 2 weeks pp that it started pouring out. I lost 6 pounds over night one night and 5 pounds over night 2 nights later (was up all night peeing). Oh so fun!! I'm still not down completely - my socks still leave a nice band around my ankle - but my feet almost look normal again!!

It's crazy how much water the body expels after delivery. Unlike last time when it got worse after my c section, this time just hours after delivery I did 2 litres of pee due to my body getting rid of the stuff.

I'll write up a birth story asap xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"