Now I have shingles? I feel like this baby is the plague

UnderPressure

Mother of one plus a bun
Reaction score
I've been sick basically since a few days after finding out I was pregnant with this baby. I had a terrible cold that lasted forever, followed by morning sickness that lasted all day. Now, now apparently I have shingles! And you know what? This sucks.

When I was pregnant with my now two-year-old, it was easy sailing. First trimester I was tired but as long as I ate breakfast before doing farm chores, I really felt quite well even in first trimester.

I don't want to be a complainer but I'm laying in bed with awful, burning pain from the shingles and feeling pretty fed up. I know every pregnancy is different and I know that in the end this baby will be more than worth it... But right now I'm hurting and exhausted and can't help but feel that if not for being pregnant and therefore immunocompromised, I would not have shingles now.

Sending hugs <3
I was just saying on another post; this pregnancy has been horrendous. My first I needed an extra nap and went off chicken! This time I've never been sicker in my life, I had food poisoning and it was preferable :haha: it has been so sucky and weeks 6-11 were the worst, I was trapped in bed being sick into a bowl and feeling dizzy if I tried to do anything. I was having to live off sprite and sandwiches which would only stay down in the afternoon... ugh!
But I can honestly say I'm coming out of the woods now and slowly getting back to eating better/drinking water etc and being able to do more. I still have to lie down for a large proportion of the day but I'm getting there.
When it was really bad (and it's hard to be honest about this) I honestly spent some days wanting to miscarry, I don't think it was a feeling with anything real behind it, more a desperation to escape how I felt. But I am so excited about baby now and proud of what I went through to get to where I am and grow the baby as big as it is now :)

I can't tell you how long it will last.. but it will get better and when it gets better the excitement and joy about the baby will follow. I'm sorry about the shingles, they really are horrid. Who knows if you would have got them or not, I had them at 16 for seemingly no reason :p
I hope things get better soon xx

I'm really hoping that everything will be easy again once I can put first trimester and this rash behind me. Thank you for your response, Mommafrog. Looks like your daughter is a few months older than my sweet boy.

:hugs:. I had shingles during all of my successful pregnancies. The first was the worst, it was the first time I'd had shingles and much worse than the following times. I did find though that once I was over the shingles I felt sooo much better and was able to cope with the pregnancy symptoms as I was just glad to feel better than I had been! Hopefully you will kick the shingles soon and feel a lot better :hugs:.

:hugs:. I had shingles during all of my successful pregnancies. The first was the worst, it was the first time I'd had shingles and much worse than the following times. I did find though that once I was over the shingles I felt sooo much better and was able to cope with the pregnancy symptoms as I was just glad to feel better than I had been! Hopefully you will kick the shingles soon and feel a lot better :hugs:.

Oh my gosh! Really? Maybe I'll be done with two kids then lol. Or maybe I'll get the shingles shot beforehand if we decide to try for more after this one.

I'm so glad I'm not alone... Plus it sounds like I really do get to blame the pregnancy for the yuckiness!

:hugs: Don't worry. It's not your baby or your pregnancy that's evil. Haha. It's this terrible season. People have been sick left and right, way more than normal. I've been sick for literally 8 weeks with four colds and now bronchitis. I know tons of people who have the flu, at least half of whom had the flu shot this year. 24-hour bugs have hit my household four times already this season. My kids have had runny noses non-stop for months now. So have all the kids I know.

So, being that we're pregnant, we're picking up every single bug we come in contact with. Yes. You're definitely right about that. But you're not cursed or anything... It's just an awful season for sickness. I thought last fall/winter was bad, but this fall/winter has been 10 times worse!

I'm terribly sorry that you've got shingles. I was exposed to it when my father had it 6 years ago, and it was baaaaaad. It was so terrible. I wouldn't wish that on anybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->