Now I've to go to EPU for bleeding

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I've been experiencing spotting, bleeding and cramps (progressively getting worse) for the past eight days. After much hassle I finally saw my GP today who has referred me to the EPU who I have to make an appointment with tomorrow. They are only open mon-fri, 9-5 which isn't great as DH is running his dad's business (and can't take time off) and I don't drive do can't get there myself. Still, we'll work something out.

Anyway, I thought I had miscarried for sure but the doctor did a pregnancy test and said it was still coming up positive so I was to see the EPU or, if bleeding gets heavier, go to A&E. I've had some small clots and the blood still isn't as heavy as a regular period. I'm not getting my hopes up but I'm just wondering if anyone else had experienced similar and what was the outcome? Am I likely to get an appointment for tomorrow or will it most likely be Monday?

UPDATE (see full below) Can't get an appointment until Thursday morning but I'm already sure I've miscarried.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I can't imagine they would make you wait till Monday. Do you have to ring them in the morning? keeping my fingers crossed for you. Do you have a lot of pain with the bleeding?

I don't want to sound negative and yes anything is possible, however, you're very likely to have more than enough hcg leftover in your system to still be getting a positive. :hugs:

Sweet pea- The cramps aren't as bad as AF ones but sometimes they're still kinda painful. I've to ring them in the morning but if they are anything like the midwife office it's going to be a long wait trying to get through!

Jlw617 - I know that. As I said, I'm not hopeful - was just explaining why I am to go to EPU. I'm pretty sure it's over.

Lynne do not give up hope until you know for sure it is over. I had cramping as you described at 8 weeks, had a big bleed and was sure I was having a miscarriage and got an appointment with the epu to see my baby was fine, turned out I had a tear of the gestational sac(still do). I sought advice on this forum and many women told me about their bleeds&SCHs and told me good news stories. I now am 13 weeks pregnant and although I need to be careful (no heavy lifting, take it easy, no more bed rest thankfully!) I keep my fingers crossed this will all work out. My advice tomorrow is to be insistent, these units keep appointments back and can rejig things around, you will worry yourself sick so ensure you are seen tomorrow. Good luck and let us know how things gox

Sorry you had asked if anyone experienced something similar and I should have also added that yes I have experienced something similar with a missed miscarriage, it was quite awful and even after not having a hb and bleeding, I ended up going back to make sure that everything was passing and ended up finding a very slow heartbeat, it just added salt to the wound because we knew that baby wasn't going to make it :( I hope you get answers soon.

I had bleeding with both my pregnancies and both turned out okay.
There were times during each (around 8wks with no1 and 10wks with no2) that I thought for sure it was a miscarriage.... With no2 I actually was at work, felt this huge gush... rushed to loo... blood everywhere. I got sorted as best I could and left the office... sitting on my coat. Soaked through everything in the 10 minute drive home. I remember some mild cramps but nothing painful per se. Baby is now 13mths!

I really do hope all goes well for you :hugs:

It sucks that this is one of those 50/50 things that you don't know for sure what is happening until you've been seen. i think it is over for me though - I just get that feeling, you know? Still, I'll phone up and see what they say today.

Jlw617- I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been incredibly hard for you.

Because I was at the doctor yesterday and still got a positive pregnancy test they won't give me an appointment until next Thursday. I am almost positive I've already miscarried though. Bright red, watery blood today and one small clot again, luckily no pain. I feel like when we go next week it'll be for a confirmation that it's all over than anything else.

I will keep everything crossed that it will be positive news for you xxx

Thanks. I don't think it will be good news. I just passed a sizeable clot. I've resigned myself to a miscarriage now.

Thanks. I don't think it will be good news. I just passed a sizeable clot. I've resigned myself to a miscarriage now.

I'm sorry you're going through this LyAnne, I agree one of the hardest part is just being stuck in limbo, I can't believe that given the circumstances they won't get you in earlier.

I'm sorry hun. I can't believe they are making you wait till Thursday.

Try phoning other hospitals. You are in Scotland aren't you? If it isn't too far call wishaw. They have a really good epas and have given me on-the-day scans a few times. You don't need to go to your nearest, I have use three different hospitals epas (wishaw, monklands and hairmyres) - hairmyres is actually my local but i don't like it there so I go I wishaw instead. Once I couldn't get a suitable appt at wishaw or hairmyres so I just went to monklands.

I hope all is well and you get answers soon!

It turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy so I was transferred to a different hospital and had surgery on Thursday afternoon. Came home yesterday and now I'm just waiting to heal. Thanks for all your concern ladies.

So sorry for your loss thinking of you at this hard time xx

Sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back