Now what do I do...!

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
Some of you may remember that ages ago my MIL to be offered (told us) to make a ring pillow for our wedding day. She never discussed designs or anything with us or what we wanted from the ring pillow or anything so I was dreading it. I also didn't even want a ring pillow and preferred the option of the best man having them in a box in his pocket.

Anyway, today, the MIL presented me with said ring pillow, and its actually pretty amazing!! (It also has our names and the wedding date sewn on the back)

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/485835A2-13E7-406B-A092-F4773F43B3FC-4120-00000113B3BAD054.jpg

And then she turned to LO and told her that that's what she'll be carrying down the aisle...But i've already got something for LO to carry :wacko: Do I not bother with what I've already got her, or do I keep that and just have the best man holding the ring pillow? :shrug:

What have you got for her to hold? I love the pillow and the idea of her being ringbearer, I'd probably go for the pillow as it has sentimental value too!

I've got her a little 'Daddy, here comes Mummy' sign

Ohh wow it Is lovely isn't it!!
Hmmm I'm not sure though, we've got Bobby one of them signs I just love them so much!

If you weren't afraid of offending your MIL what would you do?

If I wasn't afraid of her I would have DD walk down with the sign and have the best man holding the pillow. That way both get used, and the pillow is going to be a perfect keepsake. I just really dislike the whole 'ring bearer' thing. Not my style at all :nope:

If I wasn't afraid of her I would have DD walk down with the sign and have the best man holding the pillow. That way both get used, and the pillow is going to be a perfect keepsake. I just really dislike the whole 'ring bearer' thing. Not my style at all :nope:

Then that's what you do, no questions. It's you day sweetie. Have it how you want it. If I were you I'd let your MIL think you're doing it her way and on the day have your LO hold the sign. If she questions it afterwards say your LO kept dropping the pillow/trying to take the rings off or something.

Ecactly what Emy said. Let her think you're doing it her way but then make up an excuse on the day, remember its your day and I think she's had her nose in on quite a lot of things. Don't let her have this too xx

Could you not put a string in the sign and have it round your LO neck and she could carry the pillow, best if both worlds? I am doing a sign for my eldest but he is disabled and will be using a walking frame so he can't use his hands so I will put the sign with string hanging around his neck Xx

I have nothing against the pillow. She has completely surprised me with it. I thought it was going to be all satin and frills and bows but it is so in keeping with the feeling of the day. That's why I'm so shocked by it, because up until now its felt like MIL hasn't really understood the 'vibe' we were going for :lol: I just don't really like making a big spectacle out of the ring presentation :shrug:
I think you're right Emy. I will have the best man hold the pillow and if MIL says anything then ill say I was worried about LO dropping it and dirtying it, which I actually am!
Thank you everyone :flower:

If I remember correct is this the same woman who demanded to be seated where she wants and caused a massive stressful debarcle for you and still got her own way???

If I remember correct is this the same woman who demanded to be seated where she wants and caused a massive stressful debarcle for you and still got her own way???

Erm, yep :lol: and most recently she got her own way over having her friend at the reception too :dohh:

Erm, yep :lol: and most recently she got her own way over having her friend at the reception too :dohh:

Well it's a lovely cusion but I would get the best man to hold it then cause seriously I think mil actually thinks this her wedding.

Is her freind sitting at the top table too? :witch::brat:

:rofl: hahah, no! She's actually sat as far from MIL as possible. That wasn't intentional though, just how it panned out. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->