now what do I do

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
So after Chloe chocked last night I was worrying about giving her solids again, she was fine this morning wth her breakfast but she choked again at tea time.

She's always seemed to prefer breakfast to tea. Is this a sign that she doesnt want her tea time solids yet? Should I drop it? Should I try giving her what she has for breakfast at tea time?

Anyone have ideas.....?

I'm not sure. Is she opening her mouth for the food? Does she act like she wants it or is she turning her head away?

she needs coaxing at teatime but will take it eventually, but she definitely prefers it in the morning

I found dinner the hardest to introduce, and it is still her least fave now x

Hannah's so backwards, she loves dinner but not breakfast!! :dohh:

Lunchtime sounds good, can't hurt to see what happens :)

I think I'll do that, she wolfed down porridge and fruit this morning so she's definitely not adverse to the idea of eating

Maybe a yogurt would be good for lunch? She likes fruity stuff, right? Caitlyn has toast and a yogurt for lunch most days, or a sandwich of some cheesy kind! :rofl:

Are you trying jars or home foods? If jars what stage? Caitlin ate solids like toast rusks etc fine but when I tried her on the 2nd stage jars she choked so she stayed on stage 1 jars loner.

she's just started on stage 1.

I gave her sweet potato again at lunchtime- she took some but started to gag again so I think maybe she doesnt like it. She certianly took it better though, so I think I will stick to breakfast and lunch rather than dinner for now, she likes some savoury stuff so will stick with that and fruit and cereal.

My Moo didn't like all the jars at first ...she liked the chicken jars, grandpas lunch lars and veg jars but nothing like beef, hotpots, spag bol etc for a while.

Have you tried a rusk for lunch? Or something else she can feed herself?

Hannah hates sweet potatoes, well as of last time of me trying. I did find that Hannah took better to veggies if I gave her a little oatmeal too (in a separate bowl). Not sure why but since we've done that she's become so much better at eating her veggies and even eats more of them now than the oatmeal!

My little sis used to gag on potato as a baby. Even if it was hidden in the food she would gag, so it was a texture thing. They just left it out of her diet for a while and eventually she got over it.

I gave Erin sweet potato yesterday and she was gagging aswell. I realised there were some tiny little fibres (stringy bits) in it, so I pressed it through a sieve and she took it fine after that. xxx

she's just started on stage 1.

I gave her sweet potato again at lunchtime- she took some but started to gag again so I think maybe she doesnt like it. She certianly took it better though, so I think I will stick to breakfast and lunch rather than dinner for now, she likes some savoury stuff so will stick with that and fruit and cereal.

Bleugh Tabs still does the same to this day on sweet potato whether the jars or home cooked.
She loves the Cow and gate cauliflower cheese though.......so do i :blush:

Caitlyn rarely gets dinner at the minute. She just doesnt entertain it. She practically bites your hand off at lunch time though. Also, i can't get caitlyn to eat much other than fruit. She loves her sweet things. Retches on anything savoury!

I am really surprised you guys give dairy products i was told not til over a year??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->